Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-13-2014, 02:02 PM

4,738 posts, read 4,434,679 times

Advertisements

Please note this post. how to think non-critically about events and create narratives and stories that do not reflect data, facts, or reality.

Lets all buy guns, for our cars, to protect ourselves from random nutz and then watch in hilarious glory as the number of gun-related road rage incidents goes through the roof

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJJersey View Post
I guess there was no fine to collect from the madman who chased this guy for 15 miles. I police really have no incentive to stop crime or catch criminals: they are modern day tax collectors and little more. Oh yeah and, occasionally, they kill some random innocent person:

Police: Man said enraged motorist chased him 15 miles - CNN.com

The last time I called the police (and never again) was much like this. Some guy was driving like a maniac, cutting in and out of traffic and almost hitting people. It was the first and last time I ever called on someone like that. They didn't care. They put me on hold, transferred me from town to town to town, never once asked for a description or a license plate. Then the guy literally ran a car off the road and sped out of my view, and I hung up. Completely worthless. Oh yeah, and later I tried to get the state to run the plate number and they told me I had to pay a ton of money if I wanted to do that. If you live in a free state do yourself a favor and just buy a gun for protection.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-13-2014, 02:20 PM

14,888 posts, read 10,035,501 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisFromChicago View Post
Please note this post. how to think non-critically about events and create narratives and stories that do not reflect data, facts, or reality.

Lets all buy guns, for our cars, to protect ourselves from random nutz and then watch in hilarious glory as the number of gun-related road rage incidents goes through the roof
Why isn't that already happening in places where you can already legally carry a loaded weapon in a vehicle? Oh that's right, because anti gun nut jobs love to exaggerate everything in hopes of scaring people into their screwed up way of thinking.

Old 01-13-2014, 02:21 PM

6,391 posts, read 5,167,680 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisFromChicago View Post

BWAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

When the town of Kennesaw Ga., passed a law that all head of households were to be armed, ALL the people said, there would gunfights in the street, etc etc etc.

25 years murder free, one of the lowest violent crime rates in the country. The facts are not on your side here.

Old 01-13-2014, 02:25 PM

1,225 posts, read 2,420,579 times
Thats actually just a myth. A pretty funny one though.

Old 01-13-2014, 02:29 PM

26,694 posts, read 14,565,372 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Novadhd5150 View Post

Kennesaw, Georgia - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 01-13-2014, 02:31 PM

26,694 posts, read 14,565,372 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
Ya, sounds fair doesn't it. Then she's spent the remainder of her life trying to outlaw the exact same thing she herself owns.
She claims that she needs protection but apparently, she doesn't think you do.

Old 01-13-2014, 02:33 PM

1,507 posts, read 1,975,030 times
Reminds me of the stupid dragnet show from the 60s, "if you can get to a gun you can get to a phone." But the phone does little once you get to it while the perp is stabbing you. LMAO

Old 01-13-2014, 03:23 PM

23,559 posts, read 17,227,205 times
2am a truck runs over my mailbox, jump up go outside, truck sppeds off. Ah, the front plate is on the ground. Call the cops and give them the plate. they trace it to a roofing company and the pres says I don't know which truck that;s from will get back to you in the am.

In the country so I figured it would be an easy nab of a drunk driver..... that was just a daydream

Plate belongs to truck used by the safety officer who is not allowed to drive because of a dui. He tells the cops he leaves the keys inthe truck and anybody could have taken it.

Justice gets no satisfaction, guy gets to go to police station pick up plate, I found, and drive off thankful someone found his lost plate.

You are on your own. Get creative!

The cops show up after the fact, take notes and forget it.
A variation on the shoot, shovel shut up philosophy......take notes, act concerned and bury it in the file.

Astounding that PA troopers could not get to this guy on time... how is it not possible to get a trooper there in time!!!!! it was a major highway, no traffic jams

Old 01-13-2014, 04:18 PM

14,268 posts, read 18,933,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
First and only time that someone tried to run me off the road, I had a McCain Palin sticker on my rear windshield. I took it off when I got home.
Ironically, the same thing happened to a woman in my volunteer group in 2008 who had several Obama-Biden stickers. In her case, she was run off the road but, thank goodness, she wasn't hurt.

Old 01-13-2014, 04:22 PM

14,268 posts, read 18,933,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Novadhd5150 View Post
No it isn't. I was thinking about buying a home in Kennesaw and confirmed it was true. (not the gunfights in the street, but a law was passed and is still on the books) I doubt if someone is going to knock on every resident's door to check if he has a gun in the house, however.

Another town in Georgia passed the same law, but it was challenged as being unconstitutional. If you have a "right" to bear arms, you also have the same right not to do so.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies