Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-11-2014, 09:19 PM

683 posts, read 824,935 times

Advertisements

2013 Was a Banner Year for the Upward Redistribution of America's Wealth | The Poverty Line, What Matters Today | BillMoyers.com

Old 01-11-2014, 09:41 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,199,011 times
But this neglects the fact that stock prices track corporate profits.

Wrong. This is how it is suppose to work but it is not how it has been working. Stock prices track the governments involvement in propping up the markets.

And 2013 was a banner year for profits.

It isn't because the companies are creating more items. It's because stock prices are way up. Stock prices are way up because the government is artificially inflating the markets.

They made their big bucks mostly by reducing their costs — especially their biggest single cost: wages.

Wages in no way reflect the increased profits. Wages are not falling. They are not keeping up with inflation but that is different.

Some might say this doesn’t really amount to a “redistribution” as we normally define that term, because government isn’t redistributing anything. By this view, the declining wages, higher profits, and the surging bull market simply reflect the workings of the free market.

Sorry, I can not read any further. Things like QE have absolutely nothing to do with free markets. Nothing. It's actually counter to a free market. In a free market when things go bad, they go bad and you accept the consequences, the government doesn't step in and make it all "better".

Moyer is clueless here.

Old 01-11-2014, 09:55 PM

13,255 posts, read 12,127,593 times
Occupy?

Old 01-12-2014, 04:22 AM
bUU

12,074 posts, read 10,705,895 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
Moyer is clueless here.
Seems like you'll twist and dodge and evade all manner of reason, to protect the egoistic avarice you prefer from righteous moral repudiation. So panicked it seems you were to see such a strong repudiation of what you favor that you didn't even realize that the article was written by Robert Reich, not Bill Moyers.

Now let's watch you go into contortions and fits to rush to spew vitriolic hatred toward Reich, in a lame attempt to distract attention from strong perspectives you don't like, written by reasonable people who simply care about others more than you feel is appropriate.

Old 01-12-2014, 04:28 AM

92 posts, read 75,437 times
lol all the wealth in this country goes down, from the producers to the free loaders. Moyers is so leftwing he is trying to aruge the opposite although it makes no sense.

Old 01-12-2014, 04:29 AM

33,016 posts, read 27,458,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gtownoe View Post
Occupy?

No more than two unrelated in a single-family zone, no more than three unrelated in all other zones.

Oops wrong thread.

Old 01-12-2014, 04:31 AM

24,488 posts, read 41,141,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HenryTimrod View Post
lol all the wealth in this country goes down, from the producers to the free loaders. Moyers is so leftwing he is trying to aruge the opposite although it makes no sense.
All the wealth in this country goes down? Not a fan of economics?

Old 01-12-2014, 04:35 AM

92 posts, read 75,437 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJBest View Post
All the wealth in this country goes down? Not a fan of economics?
lol, yeah we robbing all these poor people of money they don't have and they fund the rich. that "economics" in your dumb Obama fan boy world.

If I was an Obama fan boy, I'd probably keep my mouth shut after 5 years of this dismal economy. You guys don't have a clue.

Old 01-12-2014, 04:38 AM

24,488 posts, read 41,141,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HenryTimrod View Post
lol, yeah we robbing all these poor people of money they don't have and they fund the rich. that "economics" in your dumb Obama fan boy world.

If I was an Obama fan boy, I'd probably keep my mouth shut after 5 years of this dismal economy. You guys don't have a clue.
The funny thing is that you're just like you're favorite President Obama. Both of you don't understand economics at all.

If all the money was flowing down, the poor would be getting wealthier. But, heck, you and Obama keep thinking you guys know something.

Old 01-12-2014, 04:43 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,199,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bUU View Post
Seems like you'll twist and dodge and evade all manner of reason, to protect the egoistic avarice you prefer from righteous moral repudiation. So panicked it seems you were to see such a strong repudiation of what you favor that you didn't even realize that the article was written by Robert Reich, not Bill Moyers.

Now let's watch you go into contortions and fits to rush to spew vitriolic hatred toward Reich, in a lame attempt to distract attention from strong perspectives you don't like, written by reasonable people who simply care about others more than you feel is appropriate.
Caring is swell. It's doesn't solve anything when you get the problems wrong. I had hoped Moyer wouldn't be as politically myopic as Reich.

You didn't actually address anything I said.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies