Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-13-2014, 11:47 AM

59,088 posts, read 27,318,346 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
Well, of course, to you, Obama can do no wrong. He is a god. He is above criticism. George Bush, on the other hand, was fair game with the Left, and you pursued him relentlessly.
Don't forget the attack on his daughters!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-13-2014, 11:52 AM

13,961 posts, read 5,628,343 times
How does it cross a line? Are there laws regarding taste and civility that were passed since Jan 2009 that I am not aware of, because no other President, or family member/friend/remote acquaintance thereof was ever spared the journalist OpEd rod that I can recall. The DNC makes its bones on savaging everyone a Republican candidate or office holder ever met. If the RNC had any sack, the same would hold true for them vs Democrats, but they sissy out and try to take the moral highground in an argument between two prostitutes over who is most chaste.

That's politics. It's ugly. It always has been, always will be, and Obama put his whole family in the public eye by becoming POTUS. DOn't want the downsides to fame and power, then don't accept the job and the up sides.

Old 01-13-2014, 12:05 PM

5,513 posts, read 5,241,838 times
Nothing wrong with the article at all. Celebrities benefit from the wealth and fame, they can at least pay the minimal price of hearing the opinion of others.

As to the ridiculously naive statement “I can’t name a time when I met an American who would rather have an unemployment check than the pride of having a job,” I was in my early 20s when I watched a neighbor--an upwardly-mobile young man from a working class family, early in his career, with tons of energy, a young family to feed, and a mortgage to meet--go on the unemployment rolls and then revel in a 6-month paid vacation while pretending to look for a job. Before that, I naively thought that others were like me and would work for reasons OTHER than desperately needing money. Heck, even I would quit work today if I won the lottery and had enough money to securely retire.

I can honestly say that over the last 30 years as an adult, I have never met an American who was stupid enough to sacrifice 40+ hours a week doing something nobody wants to do, when they could sit at home and still get by.

Old 01-13-2014, 01:26 PM

8,016 posts, read 5,861,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmoon View Post
Yes, Obama has been enabled into being a bad president. Candidate Obama could have been a great president, but his supporters refuse to hold him accountable to honesty and the policies he campaigned on.

However, can we justify bringing in private figures like the president's aunt into the public's eye of criticism - even if provided a juicy target based off of Obama's own words of fiction?
Private figures -- especially ones that refuse to obey deportation orders and commit fraud by collecting funds and services meant for CITIZENS of the US -- have no expectation of privacy or courtesy.

Barack Obama is a president of "firsts": First president to be born as the product of statutory rape, first president whose "father" abandoned his "mother" shortly after birth, first president whose "mother" -- wanting to enjoy the last of her teenage years -- dropped Baby O on the grandparents and hit the road, and last but not least, the first president to have not one but TWO illegal aliens living in this country on the taxpayer dole.

The writing is a bit over-the-top, but the MSM did a LOUSY job of discussing Obama's illegal alien relatives in the last 5 years. THIS is the kind of man that wants to ram through immigration "reform"......uh, yeah, right, Barry.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wutitiz View Post
He doesn't give much info on the Aunt. Is she collecting some kind of welfare? Probably it is common knowledge among his readers since she lives in Boston, but I don't know anything about her. Which btw indicates that she already has some celebrity status, at least in Boston. Presumably as Pres. Obama's Aunt she is over 18, so she is an adult. I don't see this as going over any line. The mention of the Aunt serves as a good hook to grab the reader's attention. Without it, it might be just another recounting of stats about our burgeoning welfare state.

I find it a well-written, succinct piece, and the quote posted by 'TheMore' says it all.
The Aunt -- despite looking like a homeless crackwh**e -- is actually quite adept at living off the taxpayers while doing nothing (hey, Obama had to get it from somewhere, right?). She's fair game, because she refused to obey a deportation order, and is nothing more than an illegal alien.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wutitiz View Post
If you don't remember anyone bringing up Neil Bush, how did you manage to find out about it? Psychic powers?
Lol...he actually built a time machine, went back in time, and watched some tv and read some newspapers.

Old 01-13-2014, 02:19 PM

10,581 posts, read 9,785,325 times
Hilarious.

People who spent so much time calling Bush AWOL, a Nazi, a murderer etc., are suddenly very concerned over whether someone is "crossing a line" in criticizing the President.

These people are so used to lying and character assassination, they don't even realize when they sound ridiculous. It's all the same to them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies