Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-14-2014, 12:43 AM

7,498 posts, read 5,745,535 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmeraldCityWanderer View Post
I certainly don't see how young people paying the penalty and getting short term insurance somehow destroys Obamacare. They think if healthy people don't join in the first year (which is 2014 not 2017), but pay the first year fine, it won't support sicker people and the system collapses. It seems to ignore the penalty increases as time goes on, and base everything on a flat first year penalty.

The entire article seems to be "according to their research," that they don't link to or publish and is laughably wrong even at a glance. This has got to be a joke. All this demonstrates is that the evidence and proof don't matter to people who want to believe what they want to believe, confirmation bias.

What this shows is the lazy thinkers, delusional minds, and outright dullards that think up these loopholes and plans. Stick it to Obamacare buy paying the fine and getting crappy short term insurance. I am waiting for these people to "stick it to Obama's love of air" by putting a plastic bag over their head and refusing the breathe it.

If you want to "stick it to the man" by just hurting yourself...do it. I am serious, just do it and quit wasting time and breath by whining like a 12 year old emotionally disturbed child. Work to get as many people as possible to join you as fast as possible. Be sure to eat fried foods, smoke, drink excessively, and do risky things just to show up Obamacare too.
I'm looking forward to them voting moon bats out of office every year the fines go higher and they pay fines verses putting money into their own pockets. You know, the money they worked hard for? Wait, no you don't sorry.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-14-2014, 07:56 AM

27,307 posts, read 16,212,564 times
I told my employees that if they want cheaper insurance tailored to their needs, I would set up a fund to deal with the "fine". Everyone leaped at the chance.

Old 01-14-2014, 08:14 AM

7,498 posts, read 5,745,535 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crossfire600 View Post
I'm looking forward to them voting moon bats out of office every year the fines go higher and they pay fines verses putting money into their own pockets. You know, the money they worked hard for? Wait, no you don't sorry.
I just realized I fell pray to Obamaphonics it's a TAX not a fine..

Old 01-14-2014, 08:14 AM

40,952 posts, read 49,155,879 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
I told my employees that if they want cheaper insurance tailored to their needs, I would set up a fund to deal with the "fine". Everyone leaped at the chance.
Once they shop in the exchange, they may change their mind. It may cost them more.

Old 01-14-2014, 08:16 AM

31,290 posts, read 20,728,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EmeraldCityWanderer View Post
So health insurance is tyranny, but things like the requirement to buy auto insurance is not?.
I am not required to buy auto insurance.

Old 01-14-2014, 08:33 AM

27,307 posts, read 16,212,564 times
I am self insured motorist. I also make my own bio-diesel. So I am paying zero fuel tax.

Old 01-14-2014, 09:30 AM

1,276 posts, read 1,417,806 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by swagger View Post
There are?

Prove it.

BTW, anything that includes maternity care for men or pediatric services for childless adults can't possibly be considered "catastrophic," so don't waste our time citing any policies which include these things.

I won't be holding my breath waiting for you.
Rates for a 23 y.o. single person in my state for a "catastrophic" plan hover around $200 without a subsidy. And yes, those plans cover preventive care and other standard benefits. I firmly believe this is a GOOD thing, because the worst situation for our entire system is someone ignoring symptoms because they don't want to pay for a doctor visit. Yes, preventive care changes these plans from pure insurance (anticipaing phquest's objection) into a bare-bones health management plan, but WHO CARES?? The important thing is to get care to the people who need it and who heretofore have not been able to afford it.

And here's news: health insurance isn't pick-and-choose, never has been. My plan covers prostate exams and my husband's plan covers pap smears. But a single person's plan doesn't include coverage for children--duh.

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
My not buying health insurance hurts no one but my 2 ton hunk of metal can kill. Big difference there slick.
Your not buying health insurance HURTS EVERYONE. That is the point. Sure, YOU may claim that you will never need a cent of healthcare you can't pay for in cash, but forgive me if I don't believe in your crystal ball. And in any event, YOU PERSONALLY are not the issue. Too many people need healthcare who don't have the resources to pay for it, and that is the nation's problem. Every citizen shares this responsibility.

Old 01-14-2014, 12:29 PM

5,064 posts, read 5,726,318 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanderling View Post
[snip]
Your not buying health insurance HURTS EVERYONE. That is the point. Sure, YOU may claim that you will never need a cent of healthcare you can't pay for in cash, but forgive me if I don't believe in your crystal ball. And in any event, YOU PERSONALLY are not the issue. Too many people need healthcare who don't have the resources to pay for it, and that is the nation's problem. Every citizen shares this responsibility.
No, every citizen is not sharing responsibility. In fact, almost all of those signing up are not even covering their own costs. Medicaid is 100% funded by tax payers. And 80% percent of the people signing up through the exchanges are getting a subsidy.

Only 20% of the Obamacare enrollees are paying the full cost of their "fair share." This is just another wealth distribution program. It's not about healthcare, because there are more uninsured now than there were last year.

Old 01-14-2014, 12:47 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,719,480 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanderling View Post
[snip]
No, it's not everyones responsibility.

Old 01-14-2014, 01:00 PM

9,319 posts, read 18,740,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadking2003 View Post
I am not required to buy auto insurance.
You are in CA and AZ...just wait...coming to a state near you...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies