Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-16-2014, 09:00 AM

5,821 posts, read 5,302,822 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gtownoe View Post
Excuse me???

I guess women who are raped "started" the whole incident by wearing something appealing.

Men get in arguments all the time. If we killed each other over arguments we'd likely have a shrinking population.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
How did he start the whole thing? By doing something that is perfectly legal? By not bowing to someones demands?
Hey, theoretically Yall' are both right. I think both of Yall' should go to a movie,
and just text away. If someones has a problem, yell back and then throw some
popcorn on them. While you're at it, next time you get cut off in traffic, open
that window and cuss em' out. Next time you are standing at a street corner,
and the light changes, start walking across. If a car runs a red light and kills
you, you will die knowing what you did was perfectly legal.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-16-2014, 09:00 AM

10,232 posts, read 6,315,362 times
Did Wyatt Earp ever consider just changing his SEAT? Oh, no that would be considered FLEEING! Gotta SYG, or Sit in Seat, Florida.

Old 01-16-2014, 09:02 AM

16,431 posts, read 22,194,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo48 View Post
Did Wyatt Earp ever consider just changing his SEAT? Oh, no that would be considered FLEEING! Gotta SYG, or Sit in Seat, Florida.
Did Oulsen ever consider just shutting off his cellphone?

Old 01-16-2014, 09:03 AM

22,768 posts, read 30,727,592 times
worse things happen all the time

but for some reason i find this particular story unusually disturbing

Old 01-16-2014, 09:05 AM

4,738 posts, read 4,433,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bideshi View Post
If someone asked me to turn off my cell phone during the previews I would reply - "dude, its the previews. I need to send some stuff to the baby sitter. The phone will be off before the movie starts"

I'm no fan of texting during movie theater, but if someone is bothering me. . .its the theater I would complain to.

Old 01-16-2014, 09:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by le roi View Post
worse things happen all the time

but for some reason i find this particular story unusually disturbing
I do too because it shows so clearly how societal norms are deteriorating and how quickly we are descending into barbarism.

Old 01-16-2014, 09:09 AM

42,732 posts, read 29,870,989 times
Quote:
I imagine he planned to do this when he was finished checking on his daughter. You know, when the message comes up on the movie screen, asking patrons to shut off their cellphones.

But your real question isn't about the cellphone, your real question is, "Did Oulsen ever consider obeying Mr Reeves demands?" Because your argument is that, by virtue of being 70-years-old, Reeves had a right to expect everyone to OBEY him.

Old 01-16-2014, 09:10 AM

42,732 posts, read 29,870,989 times
Quote:
I do too because it shows so clearly how societal norms are deteriorating and how quickly we are descending into barbarism.
OMG.

Texting during movie PREVIEWS = barbarism, per Bideshi.

Old 01-16-2014, 09:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
I imagine he planned to do this when he was finished checking on his daughter. You know, when the message comes up on the movie screen, asking patrons to shut off their cellphones.

But your real question isn't about the cellphone, your real question is, "Did Oulsen ever consider obeying Mr Reeves demands?" Because your argument is that, by virtue of being 70-years-old, Reeves had a right to expect everyone to OBEY him.
That's my argument? From what do you deduce that?

Old 01-16-2014, 09:16 AM

22,768 posts, read 30,727,592 times
Quote:
to me it looks like a cultural/generation gap

i picture a 70-something man who can't handle the technological changes around him , and eventually snaps over something very minor. maybe thats just my imagination.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies