Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-14-2014, 11:17 AM

8,087 posts, read 9,844,280 times

Advertisements

Concealed carry is a weighty responsiblity which actually places the moral burden on the holder to not escalate and actively de-escalate disputes. I do not mean disengaging from threatened criminal activity but the fairly common airing of contrary opinions among strangers which raise tempers and can lead an otherwise lawful person to foolish acts. You know what I refer to parking lot disputes, butting in line, etc.

NB: I would like to replace disengaging from criminal activity to surrendering from criminal activity but you folks know what I mean.

Last edited by Felix C; 01-14-2014 at 11:35 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-14-2014, 11:21 AM

8,087 posts, read 9,844,280 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by no1brownsfan View Post
Look I'm as big as a 2nd Amendment supporter as anyone, but does anyone ever know how to take the high road anymore for cryin' out loud? Apparently not. And no... popcorn being thrown is no excuse to bust a cap in someone! Had the guy followed him out to the parking lot in attempt to assault him, then that would be different.
We have morphed into an In-Your-Face culture where courtesy or consideration towards others is perceived as weakness.

Old 01-14-2014, 11:21 AM

2,440 posts, read 3,432,759 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
the problem with firearms is if you have one you always think you are right. The problem with trouble makers is they always think somebody with a gun is going to back down. signed a loyal NRA member
Yes, the problem with firearms is people with them always think they are right.
Another problem is they think they'll always be the hero who will always draw first or fastest.
But then, life is different in out there in the real world.
~Signed never will be an NRA member

Old 01-14-2014, 11:26 AM

14,773 posts, read 21,510,505 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Felix C View Post
Concealed carry is a weighty responsiblity which actually places the moral burden on the holder to not escalate and actively de-escalate disputes. I do not mean disengaging from threatened crimminal activity but the fairly common airing of contrary opinions among strangers which raise tempers and can lead an otherwise lawful person to foolish acts. You know what I refer to parking lot disputes, butting in line, etc.
Same for car owners

15,896 posts, read 11,995,123 times
Quote:
We have morphed into an In-Your-Face culture where courtesy or consideration towards others is perceived as weakness.

Very true. I've always lived by "treat others how you want to be treated," or "don't start no s***, won't be no s***!" If that makes me weak, then I personally don't give a f***! I'm Mr. Miyagi in the sense that I'll always try and take the high road, unless there is no other way. To me, this is carelessness on the part of Mr. Reeves, and cooler heads could have prevailed.

18,630 posts, read 19,427,122 times
Quote:
Yup and the dead guy was the one who got in the old man's face and now has paid with his life.

Old 01-14-2014, 11:27 AM

28,681 posts, read 18,806,457 times
Quote:
Concealed carry is a weighty responsiblity which actually places the moral burden on the holder to not escalate and actively de-escalate disputes. I do not mean disengaging from threatened crimminal activity but the fairly common airing of contrary opinions among strangers which raise tempers and can lead an otherwise lawful person to foolish acts. You know what I refer to parking lot disputes, butting in line, etc.
I mentioned this earlier. When I have carried in the past--and I expect to do so from time to time in the future--I have gone out of my way to avoid confrontations.

Old 01-14-2014, 11:28 AM

18,630 posts, read 19,427,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by no1brownsfan View Post
Very true. I've always lived by "treat others how you want to be treated," or "don't start no s***, won't be no s***!" If that makes me weak, then I personally don't give a f***! I'm Mr. Miyagi in the sense that I'll always try and take the high road, unless there is no other way. To me, this is carelessness on the part of Mr. Reeves, and cooler heads could have prevailed.
If the dead guy lived by your motto he'd be alive today.

1,660 posts, read 2,536,057 times
Never start a fight unless you know you're gonna win

15,047 posts, read 8,877,906 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
Yup and the dead guy was the one who got in the old man's face and now has paid with his life.
You are exactly the kind of person who should never be allowed to carry a gun.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies