Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-29-2007, 02:44 PM

1,394 posts, read 2,764,781 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bily4 View Post
Why...do Republicans represent the White race?
No, but come to think of of that is something like you might say or ask when you don't agree with someone on this board.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-29-2007, 02:45 PM

1,394 posts, read 2,764,781 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scootertrash61 View Post
is aol still around??? aol is a joke...a has been. i thought they'd go under once everybody finally figured out yrs ago that they were being way overcharged for their lousy service.
And it took me seven years to figure it out...lol...

Old 11-29-2007, 02:48 PM

394 posts, read 1,004,855 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeledaf View Post
You'd get tazed.
lmao

or duct taped to the flag pole and caned

Old 11-29-2007, 03:08 PM

8,978 posts, read 16,517,987 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mooseketeer View Post
Has the world gone mad ?
I understand and sympathize with your frustration. But your remark shows tremendous insensitivity to the mentally impaired--(or those "experiencing an alternate reality"). I'm trying to clean up MY act---no more ordering "nuts" as Christmas gifts....I won't even purchase a tube of "Crazy-Glue" anymore.

Old 11-29-2007, 03:31 PM

206 posts, read 613,722 times
Talking hell no

Quote:
Originally Posted by bily4 View Post
Why...do Republicans represent the White race?

that will never happen be a republican but they dont care about whites only brown red etc whites dont even come close lol

Old 11-29-2007, 03:59 PM

1,409 posts, read 4,851,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scootertrash61 View Post
is aol still around??? aol is a joke...a has been. i thought they'd go under once everybody finally figured out yrs ago that they were being way overcharged for their lousy service.
Ha! Didn't take me too long to figure that out, thankfully. I'm with you; it continues to puzzle me how they stay in business. Massive cash infusions from parent Time-Warner?!?

Old 11-29-2007, 05:18 PM

5,152 posts, read 8,500,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tnbound2day View Post
Exactly. That is why it is impossible to keep the PC police happy. Once they convince a group they are being insulted by a term, the term becomes a slur and is taboo. If this keeps up for 100 years, there will be a book as thick as the dictionary with "slurs".

Canada is a lot whiter than the US, but the term "visible minorities" that they use up there is a lot cooler than the zealous way we try to divide all the races in the US

Old 11-29-2007, 05:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DontH8Me View Post
Whoa, is that one of the levels macmeal might have skipped when he explained the process of evolution of the term 'bum' to 'homeless'? His quote from an earlier post in this thread:

*"Bums" and "Winos" have become "the jobless", and eventually the emotionally-appealing "homeless".

I think 'stinker' may have come after 'wino' and before 'jobless'.
You're close, but no---actually,"stinkers" evolved into the "unsanitary"..who then were softened to the "aromatically obvious"........who then became "occasional bathers", and eventually, in a more empathetic tone, "the hydrologically deprived"...but you're learning...

Last edited by macmeal; 11-29-2007 at 06:20 PM..

Old 11-29-2007, 07:35 PM

Location: On another site. This one is lame :) Trying to give it a second chance though.
105 posts, read 70,865 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatday View Post
School hate-crime suspension to be probed

A 9-year-old boy from a Phoenix elementary school has been suspended after the school determined he engaged in racial harassment by using the term "brown people."

http://www.azcentral.com/community/phoenix/articles/1128hatecrime1128.html (broken link)
The principal should be fired for what she said to the child.

If they're brown, they're brown. Using the term "brown people" is not exactly a "hate" crime.

Public educators can be so disappointing at times. They try too hard in areas like this, and not enough when it comes to the actual teaching.

Old 11-30-2007, 08:28 AM

I think it's an outrage that this little WHITE kid should speak so disrespectfully of others. He should be made to apologize by writing "I'm Sorry" 100 times on the BLACKboard...
after all, if he's allowed to get away with the expression "Brown People", it's only a matter of time before the little gutter-mouth begins spouting off about "White People", or "Black People"....and after that, who knows? Better to "nip it in the bud"...before he spots his buddy with a box of Crayolas, and refers to him as a "person of Color".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies