Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-17-2014, 11:51 PM

32,061 posts, read 15,055,077 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
This should be good.

If the hospital performs procedure X on you, and the reinbursement rate for that procedure is $100...

How much will that hospital get paid if 100% of all customers paid their bill?

Answer $100

How much will that hospital get paid if 50% of the consumers paid their bill?

Answer $100...

The HOSPITAL pays for it.. Not the insured... The billable rate doesnt change based upon the reinbursement percentage the hospital manages to collect from.

A fact....we pay for the uninsured. If you don't believe that then I'm sorry. You think the hospital pays for it lol They pass the expense onto us.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-17-2014, 11:53 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,096,009 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
A fact....we pay for the uninsured. If you don't believe that then I'm sorry. You think the hospital pays for it lol They pass the expense onto us.
You havent explained how they pass the expense onto you, (or the insurance company)...

BECAUSE THEY DONT.. Simply saying they do, dont make it true..

The medical field isnt a field where prices are set by supply and demand.. where if person A shoplifts and doesnt pay for services, the cost needs shifted to others..

Old 01-17-2014, 11:57 PM

Quote:
You havent explained how they pass the expense onto you, (or the insurance company)...

BECAUSE THEY DONT.. Simply saying they do, dont make it true..

The medical field isnt a field where prices are set by supply and demand.. where if person A shoplifts and doesnt pay for services, the cost needs shifted to others..
Costs are raised to the insured to compensate for those that aren't. Sorry, this is my husbands field. Is this your field too.

Old 01-18-2014, 12:00 AM

Quote:
Costs are raised to the insured to compensate for those that aren't. Sorry, this is my husbands field. Is this your field too.
No, BILLED rates to the insured are raised but PAYABLE rates are NOT.. They absolutely positively are not.. The rates are established in November/December OF THE PRECEEDING YEAR..

You better talk to your husband because you clearly dont know what the hell you're talking about..

Usual, Customary, and Reasonable Charges

Old 01-18-2014, 12:04 AM

Quote:
No, BILLED rates to the insured are raised but PAYABLE rates are NOT.. They absolutely positively are not.. The rates are established in November/December OF THE PRECEEDING YEAR..

You better talk to your husband because you clearly dont know what the hell you're talking about..

Usual, Customary, and Reasonable Charges
You have no idea what you are talking about. Let's see......my husband who knows because it's his field or you who relies on articles in the news. I'll go with my husband

Old 01-18-2014, 12:09 AM

Quote:
You have no idea what you are talking about. Let's see......my husband who knows because it's his field or you who relies on articles in the news. I'll go with my husband
Its more than one fricken article. Anyone who's "husband" is in the field and doesnt understand that insurance companies pay UCR and ICD10 reinbursement rates PREDETERMINED by zipcode, and then subdetermined by percentiles, WAY BEFORE any patient is seen, needs to go talk to their husband.

Thats about as meaningful as you telling me you're husbands a pilot thus you can go fly a plane.. Give it a break. Tell me, did you stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night ?

Its way more than an article.. UCR rates have been around for DECADES..

Old 01-18-2014, 12:12 AM

Quote:
Its more than one fricken article. Anyone who's "husband" is in the field and doesnt understand that insurance companies pay UCR and ICD10 reinbursement rates PREDETERMINED by zipcode, and then subdetermined by percentiles, WAY BEFORE any patient is seen, needs to go talk to their husband.

Thats about as meaningful as you telling me you're husbands a pilot thus you can go fly a plane.. Give it a break. Tell me, did you stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night ?

Its way more than an article.. UCR rates have been around for DECADES..
My whole point is that we pay for the uninsured.

Old 01-18-2014, 12:14 AM

Quote:
My whole point is that we pay for the uninsured.
And I've asked you how that cost is shifted to the insured, since once again, the reinbursement rate the insurance companies pay are already predeetermined based upon procedure code.

Can you explain it to me, since I didnt stay at a Holiday Inn...

Old 01-18-2014, 12:23 AM

Quote:
And I've asked you how that cost is shifted to the insured, since once again, the reinbursement rate the insurance companies pay are already predeetermined based upon procedure code.

What does Holiday Inn have do to with anything

Old 01-18-2014, 01:30 AM

1,199 posts, read 734,485 times
Quote:

Sigh

Study: Insured pay 'hidden tax' for uninsured health care - ABC News

PBS- Healthcare Crisis: The Uninsured
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies