Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-14-2014, 04:19 AM

10,029 posts, read 8,345,236 times

Advertisements

The Boston Globe is extremely left leaning so the Liberal/Obama Supporter Auto Response Protocolâ„¢ bullet point number one of "the source isn't valid" or "it's Faux News so it doesn't matter" won't work here although I'm sure they'll try anyway.

Quote:
A little more than a year later, the mood has changed — alarmingly, for Democratic Party leaders — in a shift that also is reflected in national polls. Students are increasingly turned off by politics, and by the Democratic Party. Even those who were enthusiastic about Obama say they are jaded by gridlock in Washington, disillusioned by a president they thought would be transformational.

Young voters sour on President Obama, creating worry for Democrats, opportunity for Republicans - Politics - The Boston Globe
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-14-2014, 04:25 AM

41,813 posts, read 51,045,587 times
Quote:
“People should be concerned about those numbers,” said Tad Devine, a longtime Democratic strategist. “We’ve got to make sure young voters understand the stakes.”
LOL, I think he has it backwards, they are realizing the stakes.

Quote:
They also think they can capitalize on enthusiasm for legalizing marijuana. “Legalization of marijuana is going to become an issue,” Devine said. “I believe it’s an issue that will absolutely activate a voter base, of young people in particular.”
If you need the legalization of marijuana to attract voters... well what else can you say? I understand many people would support it but you need priorities in what you support and that is something that needs to be way down the list.

Old 01-14-2014, 04:41 AM

26,491 posts, read 15,070,512 times
No one that heavily criticized Bush on a multitude of issues can honestly support Obama. Obama has endorsed or expanded the vast majority of issues that he himself criticized Bush for.

And the fact that even the Washington Post is "Shocked" that Obama claimed to not have known about so many things that he should have shows that he is either inept or a liar.

What Obama didn’t know - The Washington Post

St. Pete for Peace

Obama supporters will go hysterical over this well sourced list of 504 examples of his lying, lawbreaking, corruption, cronyism, etc. | Dan from Squirrel Hill's Blog

Old 01-14-2014, 04:42 AM

11,086 posts, read 8,543,209 times
Finally, they're getting it. For the majority of people, brainwashing doesn't last.

Only the under 40 crowd voted in the majority for O in 2012.

Dems are done for quite awhile.

Old 01-14-2014, 08:17 AM

8,030 posts, read 9,051,870 times
Can't say I blame them. Though it's unfortunate they didn't tap into their critical thinking skills sooner.

Old 01-14-2014, 08:21 AM

4,130 posts, read 4,460,771 times
I have been hearing that Obama lost the American people and the voters since a week after he took office. He still seems to have won a second term, and Democrats still hold the senate. If people don't like it...they can change it.

Old 01-14-2014, 08:43 AM

800 posts, read 781,126 times
Well the good news is Obama isn't running for office again.

Obama promised a lot failed to deliver and then continued a lot of Bush's bad policies. It's not like people my age are giving up on liberalism etc.

Unless the Republican party radically changes its views on a number of issues. They will not be winning the young adult vote for sometime. In fact, they'll continue to lose young adult voters.

Like myself. I supported the Republican Party all of my life. Worked in Urban School and saw that most of the things Republican supporters said about the poor were not just wrong, they were blatant lies. I changed my views and haven't looked back.

Old 01-14-2014, 10:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmeraldCityWanderer View Post
I have been hearing that Obama lost the American people and the voters since a week after he took office. He still seems to have won a second term, and Democrats still hold the senate. If people don't like it...they can change it.
Don't worry about that. It's being worked on now.

Old 01-14-2014, 10:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CincyIU29 View Post
Well the good news is Obama isn't running for office again.

Obama promised a lot failed to deliver and then continued a lot of Bush's bad policies. It's not like people my age are giving up on liberalism etc.

Unless the Republican party radically changes its views on a number of issues. They will not be winning the young adult vote for sometime. In fact, they'll continue to lose young adult voters.

Like myself. I supported the Republican Party all of my life. Worked in Urban School and saw that most of the things Republican supporters said about the poor were not just wrong, they were blatant lies. I changed my views and haven't looked back.
That is good news. How much more of his incompetence could we possibly stand?

Did you miss this?

Quote:
A little more than a year later, the mood has changed — alarmingly, for Democratic Party leaders — in a shift that also is reflected in national polls. Students are increasingly turned off by politics, and by the Democratic Party. Even those who were enthusiastic about Obama say they are jaded by gridlock in Washington, disillusioned by a president they thought would be transformational.

Or, maybe you're the typical Obama supporter/dem who dismisses anything negative about Obama or the dems without actually reading the article or post. I also love it when someone tries to suggest that their personal opinion or feelings represent that of the masses. It's quite comical in fact. Thanks for that.

Old 01-14-2014, 10:13 AM

27,307 posts, read 16,220,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EmeraldCityWanderer View Post
Oh, they will.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies