Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-16-2014, 11:25 AM

46,001 posts, read 35,171,483 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
I know this, and that is why I said so you admit this current admin lied, when they used the video as a cover up....for benghazi...
So basically you are connecting two things that I said that are not connected....seems like a common thing for you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-16-2014, 11:29 AM

46,267 posts, read 27,088,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
So basically you are connecting two things that I said that are not connected....seems like a common thing for you.
Just using your own words....or are you using the WH way of talking, in general gray statments?

Old 01-16-2014, 11:43 AM

Quote:
Just using your own words....or are you using the WH way of talking, in general gray statments?
No, you just made a bad connection of two things that were not related, sorry, but that is your error.

Old 01-16-2014, 11:51 AM

Quote:
No, you just made a bad connection of two things that were not related, sorry, but that is your error.
Basically what you are saying is that if there was a video big enough to cause a protest during the actual 9/11, that admin would have used it to lie to the American people, just like this admin did....

Old 01-16-2014, 12:01 PM

6,205 posts, read 7,458,627 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
Based on the inf within the link the concept of the video remains plausible. MSM has been reporting that the ambassador failed to take action to protect the embassy and the pentagon was not in a position to respond.

It was a cluster funge.

I don't view the embassy employees more important than all the lives that have been lost because the US historically chose to put their troops in harms way because we have not been able to resist the opportunity to put our noses where they don't belong.
1) Unfortunately, the ambassador himself contributed significantly to the tragic events. He was one of those liberals whose ideology overshadowed rational thinking and reality.
2) You don't seem to understand much in foreign affairs and while your logic may work in your kitchen, countries are managed differently. In the moment the US established a foreign representation, (anywhere on the globe) it will be protected at all cost. Not only for the lives of the diplomats, but for what it represents. That's why before any embassy is opened, much consideration goes into it. I may be wrong, but the Benghazi post was probably opened more out of liberal desire than logic.
3) That said, republicans always employ the wrong tactics when attacking the other party and never let go of those failed tactics: Its always about a word, a phrase or procedure and rarely about substance. They do so with Obamacre, attacking the website, this figure or another and they don't understand that people (who don't share their mindset) don't care for that. They did the same with Clinton's impeachment. They do it in pro gun debates, without understanding that Americans (and the entire world) are shocked and concerned more about shootouts and random massacres of children and innocent people than they are about wording.

Old 01-16-2014, 12:41 PM

Quote:
Basically what you are saying is that if there was a video big enough to cause a protest during the actual 9/11, that admin would have used it to lie to the American people, just like this admin did....
Don't know, maybe this fictional 9/11 movie would have been the reasoning for the hijacker attack. But then again, Bush did use 9/11 to promote a lie that involved invading Iraq, so that is similar in that sense.

Old 01-16-2014, 12:45 PM

Quote:
Don't know, maybe this fictional 9/11 movie would have been the reasoning for the hijacker attack. But then again, Bush did use 9/11 to promote a lie that involved invading Iraq, so that is similar in that sense.
LOL...most all dems and repubs voted to go to war for.....

As stupid as you lefties think bush is, you telling me he fooled most all of them dems and repubs....?

Old 01-16-2014, 12:47 PM

9,470 posts, read 6,968,141 times
Quote:
Act of terror = terrorist attack. If someone says to you that something is an act of terror, that is typically because someone is preforming a terrorist act.
I'm sorry, WHAT are you blabbing on about? The "Benghazi was an upset mob made about a video" was the official story from the White House THAT HAS NEVER BEEN RECANTED. Why you'd lie about this, I have no idea. Obama HAS NEVER SAID it was an organized armed assault by some Al Qaeda friendly thugs. He HAS NEVER EVER CORRECTED THE LIE. Just because some vague reference to 'terrorism' is spoken in a speech, DOES NOT CORRECT THE LIE. You know that, I know that, and now you're just blatantly making up nonsense.

Quote:
You guys really need to make up your mind what it is that you are upset about and stick to it. But we all know this is about a scandal that doesn't exist, but your right wing media machine manages to keep it alive cause you guys keep tuning in.
Of course it exists... Obama lied about (and has never recounted) the cause, the aftermath, has tried everything including threats and intimidation to keep EVERY witness from ever being deposed by Congress, and has threatened everyone who was involved to keep silent and never tell what happened. This isn't a scandal, this is blatant and wanton coverup of malfeasance and perjury, to boot. What's amazing is that YOU DO NOT CARE. Your partisan interests supercede ALL other interests, apparently.

Quote:
Even Bush called 9/11 an act of terror the day after. I am pretty sure everyone knew he meant it was a terrorist attack.
I'm sorry, Bush didn't make up a story about some pilots being disturbed by a youtube video so they took it out on some buildings and a field and then keep it as the official story of what happened.

You don't even know what truth IS, much less want to know what is true. To you, it's just whatever lie you can make up on the spot.

Old 01-16-2014, 12:48 PM

Quote:
LOL...most all dems and repubs voted to go to war for.....

As stupid as you lefties think bush is, you telling me he fooled most all of them dems and repubs....?
Yep, due to the lies that the Bush Administration created to justify going to war. Had they not lied, we would have never invaded Iraq.

Old 01-16-2014, 12:48 PM

Quote:
Yep, due to the lies that the Bush Administration created to justify going to war. Had they not lied, we would have never invaded Iraq.
LOL...o.k.....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies