Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-14-2014, 10:38 AM

23,866 posts, read 24,105,148 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmeraldCityWanderer View Post
So can we talk about gun control and yet? Has there been enough bodies to start the conversation yet?
The conversation has been taking place for eighty years. Civil rights supporters have been giving and giving and giving and giving and giving and giving, and have been receiving zero compromises from those who would strip us of our rights.

You're going to have to give a little back if you want any further concessions. Sorry if that's not what you wanted to hear.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-14-2014, 10:42 AM

27,307 posts, read 16,218,061 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoniDanko View Post
Time to ban AR15s.
Is that what was used?

Even so, they will never be banned.

Old 01-14-2014, 10:44 AM

4,130 posts, read 4,460,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by swagger View Post
The conversation has been taking place for eighty years. Civil rights supporters have been giving and giving and giving and giving and giving and giving, and have been receiving zero compromises from those who would strip us of our rights.

You're going to have to give a little back if you want any further concessions. Sorry if that's not what you wanted to hear.
Like what civil rights have been given by supporters?

How have I been taking away civil rights from people for 80 years...I am not even 40 years old. Are you holding me responsible for things other people have done? Can I hold you responsible for things done 80 years ago by people you have never met? Does that even seem...sane?

Old 01-14-2014, 10:48 AM

Quote:
Like what civil rights have been given by supporters?

How have I been taking away civil rights from people for 80 years...I am not even 40 years old. Are you holding me responsible for things other people have done? Can I hold you responsible for things done 80 years ago by people you have never met? Does that even seem...sane?
Know what's not sane? Replying to a post without reading it.

Old 01-14-2014, 10:52 AM

Quote:
Know what's not sane? Replying to a post without reading it.
I read the post just fine. You just seem to have this strawman that you have projected your beliefs and anger onto. Then apply it to anyone who happens to hold a different opinion than you. Until you can address the other person you are talking to directly without all this other crazy crap that comes from your imagination...you are really are not going to get anywhere.

You have not addressed what civil rights people have been giving and giving for 80 years, why I am some how to blame for things happening twice my lifetime ago, and what I need to give back for things done by other people.

Old 01-14-2014, 10:55 AM

Quote:
I read the post just fine. You just seem to have this strawman that you have projected your beliefs and anger onto. Then apply it to anyone who happens to hold a different opinion than you. Until you can address the other person you are talking to directly without all this other crazy crap that comes from your imagination...you areally are not going to get anywhere.

You have not addressed what civil rights people have been giving and giving for 80 years, why I am some how to blame for things happening twice my lifetime ago, and what I need to give back for things done by other people.
Sigh...

Ok, I guess I have to point out the obvious for you.

I wrote:
Quote:

You started rambling about how YOU haven't been alive for 80 years, and how could YOU have done this or that, blah blah blah.

Newsflash: The world doesn't revolve around YOU, and neither did my post. READ IT AGAIN.

Old 01-14-2014, 10:56 AM

9,437 posts, read 7,367,374 times
Quote:
So can we talk about gun control and yet? Has there been enough bodies to start the conversation yet?
Yes, clearly gun control/gun free zones are a complete failure and should be removed, lets talk about that.

Old 01-14-2014, 10:58 AM

11,143 posts, read 10,707,417 times
Quote:
It's not exploiting to see a loophole where people are getting hurt or killed that can be closed relatively easily. Loopholes 90% of the US support closing. Loopholes till recently even the NRA was for closing. Are they exploiting these tragedies as well?

Can you show me where I have argued for gun control and the facts were not on my side previously?

Please address what I said, because I am not interested what random strangers do. Any more than you are responsible for what other people say.

Also, I am anti-gun? Can you show where I said I am against guns completely?
I don't have time to dig through your posts to find previous fallacious arguments, but in this case, as in any case where someone brings up gun control when talking about school shootings, the facts are not on your side.

The shooting happened in a Gun Free Zone. In other words, a zone where U.S. citizens are completely prohibited from carrying firearms. What gun control laws do you think are going to work if complete prohibition doesn't?

Old 01-14-2014, 10:58 AM

Quote:
Sigh...

Ok, I guess I have to point out the obvious for you.

I wrote:

You started rambling about how YOU haven't been alive for 80 years, and how could YOU have done this or that, blah blah blah.

Newsflash: The world doesn't revolve around YOU, and neither did my post. READ IT AGAIN.
So when you say...

Quote:
Who the hell are you, personally, talking to while quoting my post?

If it's not me, and you won't say who it is, why exactly did you say "you" and quote my post?

Are you still addressing your strawman?

If you are I can find other things to do while you fight with your imagined demons.

Old 01-14-2014, 11:12 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,464,288 times
Quote:
We just had a middle school kid try to burn down the school here before Christmas.
Can we talk about lighter control yet ?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies