Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-14-2014, 11:48 AM

1,507 posts, read 1,974,030 times

Advertisements

MSNBC will be running it usual lets just do some common sense gun safety happy happy joy joy laws. LOL In other words gun control.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-14-2014, 11:52 AM

5,419 posts, read 9,193,173 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post
What is that, the 30th school shooting since Newtown?
Serious question (and I mean no malice): do you believe that the fact that these shootings are always overbroadcast on TV has anything to do with the number of people perpetrating these acts? As if they draw inspiration from such things?

Old 01-14-2014, 12:34 PM

4,130 posts, read 4,459,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimRom View Post
So you support gun control but you don't support gun control? Gotcha.
I don't support a piece of it. Gun control can exist without that piece. I don't see anything that says it is required.

I thought this was a relatively simple concept.

Quote:
Originally Posted by silas777 View Post
What?!? I responded to your question......So can we talk about gun control and yet? Has there been enough bodies to start the conversation yet? speaks for itself, gun control is a fallacy, period! Therefore anyone that would make a kneejerk statement like yours above everytime there is a shooting, is either ignorant of the facts or exploiting killing for their political purpose. You maybe young but my guess is you are not ignorant of the facts that gun control is a joke, and does not prevent people from killing other people with guns.
How is gun control a fallacy? Where there is tighter gun control, fewer people are killed with guns as a ratio of the population. That isn't in question by anyone, even people who disagree with gun control, and I have never seen that argument even tried. Even in Canada and people can drive over to get certain guns, the number of deaths from firearms are still lower.

If laws prohibiting things don't work...what are the point of laws prohibiting murder, rape, or theft if it doesn't stop people from doing it?

Old 01-14-2014, 12:39 PM

5,419 posts, read 9,193,173 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EmeraldCityWanderer View Post
I don't support a piece of it. Gun control can exist without that piece. I don't see anything that says it is required.

I thought this was a relatively simple concept.

How is gun control a fallacy? Where there is tighter gun control, fewer people are killed with guns as a ratio of the population. That isn't in question by anyone, even people who disagree with gun control, and I have never seen that argument even tried. Even in Canada and people can drive over to get certain guns, the number of deaths from firearms are still lower.

If laws prohibiting things don't work...what are the point of laws prohibiting murder, rape, or theft if it doesn't stop people from doing it?
Legally, you can't be a resident or citizen of another country and buy guns. US federal law states that you must be a US citizen or a resident alien with green card. Private party laws typically require that you be a resident of teh state in which the firearm is being bought privately.

So basically, Canadians are breaking the law already.

Laws typically prohibit and/or provide for a punishment for certain actions. Guns are a tool. The act of killing another person is malicious, and is an action. Banning the object that has no ability to perform an action on its own is ridiculous. You punish the actor.

Old 01-14-2014, 12:44 PM

10,581 posts, read 9,779,270 times
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
What bodies? Have any been reported?

Didn't take long for your hysterical cry to ring out.
I don't see where you get hysteria
That's right. You don't see it.

Old 01-14-2014, 12:49 PM

BTW, have we figured out yet how restricting the guns of law-abiding people, prevents attempted mass murders like this?

Old 01-14-2014, 12:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
Notice how this thread is dying because the anti-gun zealots don't have the massive body count they hoped for to use for their political agenda.
They are also getting tired of losing debate after debate, and are starting to decline to participate.

Old 01-14-2014, 12:54 PM

5,563 posts, read 4,260,400 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoniDanko View Post
Name all 30 please.
How many do you need in order to be concerned? What's your limit? Or is there no limit? After all, freedom isn't free, right? School shootings are just another way to water the tree of liberty, aren't they? If only all those 13-year-olds had been carrying, they could have unloaded on that punk and blown him away, all while protecting all the other students and teachers within range, right?

See, I pay attention. I can spew the NRA talking points as well as any gun nut.

Old 01-14-2014, 12:55 PM

5,563 posts, read 4,260,400 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Little-Acorn View Post
BTW, have we figured out yet how restricting the guns of law-abiding people, prevents attempted mass murders like this?
Meh. So what. You couldn't possible care less about gun victims. It's perfectly clear to the sane among us. Why don't you just admit it and stop *****-footing around pretending you do? Save the bandwidth.

Old 01-14-2014, 12:55 PM

10,029 posts, read 8,342,360 times
Quote:
So can we talk about gun control and yet? Has there been enough bodies to start the conversation yet?
Liberals: Never letting a perfectly good tragedy go to waste to advance their agenda of controlling the populace.

Stay classy liberals!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies