Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-14-2014, 08:17 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,081,664 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Votre_Chef View Post
You said:

If you buy a taco for $1 using cash
and a taco for $1 using food stamps

That's $2 being spent on tacos if my basic math is correct and I think it is.
It wasnt a math question, the "and" was to compare the two..

Lets compare the taco being bought with $1 in cash, and the taco being bought with food stamps..

its not an addition question, its a comparison question..

Such as lets compare this tv, and that tv.. you arent adding them together, you are telling me how it differs
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-14-2014, 08:18 PM

2,687 posts, read 2,184,507 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
It wasnt a math question, the "and" was to compare the two..

Lets compare the taco being bought with $1 in cash, and the taco being bought with food stamps..

its not an addition question, its a comparison question..

Such as lets compare this tv, and that tv.. you arent adding them together, you are telling me how it differs

1. Then you should have used "or."

2. A dollar is a dollar and the taco place would be happy to get a dollar in food stamps if the alternative was to not get a dollar at all.

Old 01-14-2014, 08:21 PM

Quote:
1. Then you should have used "or."
What I said was
Quote:
So you cant actually tell me how the $1 in food stamps being spent on a taco is > than the $1 in cash being spent on a taco, can you?
Quote:
2. A dollar is a dollar and the taco place would be happy to get a dollar in food stamps if the alternative was to not get a dollar at all.
Thats my point.. $1 is a dollar, regardless as to if its in food stamps, $1 bill, 4 quarters, 10 dimes etc...

To pretend somehow the $1 food stamps is > than the $1 in cash is utterly ridiculous..

Old 01-14-2014, 08:28 PM

37,959 posts, read 22,134,270 times
Quote:
Exactly. What we have here is some kooks who heard Obama say if only we'd give people free ****, the economy will boom because they will spend it.. but it completely ignores the fact that in order to give people free ship, they have to first take it from someone, and then of course, it needs to be removed from the economy again at a later date in order to pay back the dam debt, and interest...

Thats why these people cant tell me where the other .70 comes from, because it never actually existed. They ignore the part that the money needs to be removed from the economy FIRST, which is one of the most asinine things I've heard in my entire life.
According to the likes of Pelosi, when your or I spend our $1 it's only adding a dollar to the economy, but if some other person spends what's left of our dollar for us it's a freaking "force multiplier" and magically adds $2.50 to the economy, what a bunch of complete, and utter bull****.

Old 01-14-2014, 08:30 PM

37,959 posts, read 22,134,270 times
Quote:
What I said was

Thats my point.. $1 is a dollar, regardless as to if its in food stamps, $1 bill, 4 quarters, 10 dimes etc...

To pretend somehow the $1 food stamps is > than the $1 in cash is utterly ridiculous..
And that is after we pay to fund the tens of thousands of government employees to redistribute our dollar. It's freaking Utopian magic.

Old 01-14-2014, 08:44 PM

34,278 posts, read 19,358,607 times
No..I will. I will post a cartoon.
The Multiplier Effect and the Simple Spending Multiplier: Definition and Examples

Old 01-14-2014, 08:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post

No one is suggesting money doesnt get spent multiple times, thus have a multiplier, the question ONCE AGAIN, since you dont seem to understand it, which is weird considering I've only said it a DOZEN TIMES.

How does $1 in food stamps become > than $1 in CASH spent on a taco?
here because I'm a nice guy, I'll dumb it down for you..

Does the $1 in food stamps require more employees to make the same taco than the $1 in cash? NO
Does the $1 in food stamps require more beef to put in the taco than the $1 in cash? NO
How about utilities? NO?

WHAT THE HELL IS > IN THE $1 IN FOOD STAMP SPENDING THAN THE $1 IN CASH SPENT ON A TACO TO GIVE US THE EXTRA 70%?

Old 01-14-2014, 08:54 PM

Quote:

No one is suggesting money doesnt get spent multiple times, the question ONCE AGAIN, since you dont seem to understand it, which is weird considering I've only said it a DOZEN TIMES.

How does $1 in food stamps become > than $1 in CASH spent on a taco?
Go watch the video. Seriously, I know you didnt even bother. And no thats NOT your question, your question involved taking it from you and giving it to someone else, you're trying to simplify it down to something idiotic in order to avoid the question.

Old 01-14-2014, 08:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
Go watch the video. Seriously, I know you didnt even bother. And no thats NOT your question, your question involved taking it from you and giving it to someone else, you're trying to simplify it down to something idiotic in order to avoid the question.
It very much is the question, I"VE BEEN ASKING YOU FOR PAGES THE VERY SAME EXACT QUESTION..

Once again, you cant answer, can you?

It doesnt matter if we're discussing $1 tacos (something YOU brought up) or $20 steaks.. $20 spent is $20 spent regardless if its food stamps, or cash..

There is no greater multiplier in food stamps spending than cash spending.. anyone in kindergarden can tell you $1 is $1 regardless of what type of currency is used.

Old 01-14-2014, 08:58 PM

Quote:
It very much is the question, I"VE BEEN ASKING YOU FOR PAGES THE VERY SAME EXACT QUESTION..

Once again, you cant answer, can you?

It doesnt matter if we're discussing $1 tacos (something YOU brought up) or $20 steaks.. $20 spent is $20 spent regardless if its food stamps, or cash..

There is no greater multiplier in food stamps spending than cash spending.. anyone in kindergarden can tell you $1 is $1 regardless of what type of currency is used.
I think you're another for the ignore pile.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies