Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-15-2014, 10:38 AM

351 posts, read 370,233 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
Yes the voters were told that their voted don't count, because voters do not have the right to vote away the rights of others. Voters also do not have the right to enact unconstitutional laws.

gay marriage is not a constitutional right.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-15-2014, 10:39 AM

15,896 posts, read 11,980,650 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinebar View Post
And, let's face it - adultery can do way more damage to a family than if Joe and Don next door are allowed to legally marry.

Yes... So true. I'm living proof of it. My parents divorced when I was 3, because my dad felt inclined to have an affair. Luckily, my mom re-married, and has been with my step dad ever since. Not to mention I got to see my dad every other weekend. So I turned out OK. However; make no mistake, it was an adjustment, and it wasn't always easy.

Old 01-15-2014, 10:40 AM

10,942 posts, read 10,248,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by northnut View Post
LOL, if Joe & Don move in next door, you can bet the nosy gossips will be peeking out their window constantly to spy on them.
......and then come to City Data and ***** about homosexuality being "shoved down their throats."

Old 01-15-2014, 10:41 AM

24,260 posts, read 14,195,922 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rush99 View Post
Equal protection of the laws is a constitutional right.

Old 01-15-2014, 10:42 AM

15,896 posts, read 11,980,650 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StillwaterTownie View Post
Why are you so strongly opposed to same sex marriage? Is it because the thought of committing oral sex on a member of the same sex is deeply offensive to you, as well as criminal, and makes you want to vomit? If so, all that means is don't be an idiot to yourself and marry someone of the same sex.

Hey, I look at it this way... I don't want to see it, and it wouldn't be a turn on for me. However; out of sight, out of mind. What 2 consenting adults do behind closed doors is their business.

Old 01-15-2014, 10:42 AM

30,976 posts, read 21,619,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redshadowz View Post

Secondly, marriage is not a right. Marriage is a privilege. It always has been, it always will be. There have always been restrictions on marriage. Such as age restrictions, blood tests. Can't marry close relatives, can't marry more than one person.

So people need to wake up and understand that the belief going around that the U. S. Supreme has ruled before that marriage is a fundamental right is nothing but a myth?

Old 01-15-2014, 10:52 AM

5,563 posts, read 4,260,069 times
Quote:
Equal protection under the law is. End of discussion.

LOL, didn't see jjrose's identical post before I typed. Great minds, etc etc.

Old 01-15-2014, 10:53 AM

6,414 posts, read 10,487,149 times
Quote:
liberals don't understand the 14th amendment ONLY applies to federal laws to be apply equally to all the states. The 14th Amendment does not do, is apply State Laws across State Lines. Each State still has its own Sovereign right to make its own laws in accordance with Article I sections 8-11, and 9th and 10th Amendments. If it was intended to apply laws equally across state lines, all laws of all states would be required to be uniform to afford this. The language of the 14th Amendment does not in any respect supersede the 10th Amendment reserving rights not outlined in Article Sections 8-11 of powers given to the Federal Government or Forbidden by the States, are reserved by the states and People Respectively.

The regulation of Marriage is not a power delegated to the Federal Government, nor is it forbidden to the States, nor outlined in any other Amendment, that power is hence reserved by the States First IAW the 10th Amendment. Since the 14th Amendment applies ONLY Federal Laws equally among the States (including the Bill Of Rights) this does not violate the equal protection Clause of the 14th amendment.

What activist judges are doing is violating the constitution and the 10th amendment........if you want the federal government to regulate Marriage and apply it equally to all 50 states then congress has to amend the constitution and that is not going to happen anytime soon.

I could care less if gays want to marry but I do care when a few activist judges violate the constitution to push a social agenda.
Like the activist judges that violated the constitution to push the social agenda of interracial marriage when in many states in the 60's a majority of the population was against it? Should the federal government have just let it keep going state by state till all states dropped their bans on interracial marriage? I think the federal government made a correct and prompt decision with Loving verses the state of Virginia and it will make a similar decision with that case as part of its decision when it decides to overule all state bans on same sex marriage/marriage equality. The light is at the end of that tunnel and we will all be led there, some dragging their feet, kicking and screaming, but we will still be led there, for equal rights for all US citizens has been the normal procedure for this country, not a country led by a tyrannical majority.

Old 01-15-2014, 10:53 AM

30,976 posts, read 21,619,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Votre_Chef View Post
If God liked Oklahoma that much, he wouldn't send so many tornadoes there.
And if God likes Oklahoma so much, why has Oklahoma in the last year become the third most active state for earthquakes? Hardly a day or so goes by that an earthquake doesn't happen in Oklahoma.

Old 01-15-2014, 10:58 AM

12,687 posts, read 6,728,975 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StillwaterTownie View Post
So people need to wake up and understand that the belief going around that the U. S. Supreme has ruled before that marriage is a fundamental right is nothing but a myth?
Supreme Court rulings are mixed on the subject. The SCOTUS ruled against polygamous marriage and that precedent has never been overturned. That ruling validates the right of lawmakers to legislate their own sense of morality into the institution of marriage.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies