Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-17-2014, 08:22 AM

24,261 posts, read 14,123,899 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chin_Muzik_NJ View Post
That's a failed analogy.

#1 - If you are in Texas, you don't have to see people from NJ, ever.

In the case of a transplant, how do you ever know somebody is in NJ aside from perception? There isn't creeping propagandist measure to slipstream New Jersey culture into TV and other mainstream media. If there was you would probably be pretty annoyed.

#2 - the "oppression" argument is a very dishonest one. It is EXTREMELY relatively "oppressive". Look outside your bubble and then maybe you can realize why people don't give 2 sneezes about homosexuals complaints.

#3 - Stop hiding behind the Constitution. It's a piece of junk.

#4 - How am I going to "dictate" your life? That is a loaded talking point many homosexuals use.
1. Doesn't matter if people from NJ would impact my life in any way, since homosexuals do not impact your life in any way yet you want our rights denied.

2. Polls show that you are wrong. Support for SSM is at 58%.

3. Sorry that you don't agree with one of our founding documents, but in this country the constitution is important.

4. If you are actively trying to deny me equal protections of the laws, then you are impacting my life.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-17-2014, 08:26 AM

9,127 posts, read 7,912,861 times
Quote:
And that works for the inverse, however, the people who are the most offended are not the ones who don't care to see homosexuals embracing in the street. No, it's the other side of the argument that I see doing that more often than not.
Im sure you have a good point to make...I just couldn't decipher it from that convoluted post.

Old 01-17-2014, 08:30 AM

1,634 posts, read 1,203,055 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimuelojones View Post
Im sure you have a good point to make...I just couldn't decipher it from that convoluted post.
Yes, that is cute.

I wish I could say the same for you, however, your very straightforward language in your previous 3 posts removed any doubts (or benefits of said doubts) as to whether there was even a point to be made.

Old 01-17-2014, 08:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
1. Doesn't matter if people from NJ would impact my life in any way, since homosexuals do not impact your life in any way yet you want our rights denied.
I don't want anyones rights denied. Although, the whining of the gay public makes it very easy to not care. I will cede to that much.

Quote:
2. Polls show that you are wrong. Support for SSM is at 58%.
Two things here.

1 - People lie

and

2 - you can torture data to say whatever you want it to.

Quote:
3. Sorry that you don't agree with one of our founding documents, but in this country the constitution is important.
250 years ago it was. Now it's the bane of many peoples existence.

Quote:
4. If you are actively trying to deny me equal protections of the laws, then you are impacting my life.
But I am not. If I were on a national platform and spoke out about my disgust regarding homosexuality... I still would not be.

Old 01-17-2014, 08:56 AM

6,324 posts, read 4,299,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redshadowz View Post
Look, I'm not anti-gay. I just recognize that homosexuality in all ways is inferior to heterosexuality.
And you know this because of your extensive experience in being a homosexual, I presume? I mean, if you're going to make these kinds of comparisons, surely you have been both gay and straight in order to make an adequate critique.

Otherwise, you're like the person who has never tried the chicken telling everyone how bad it tastes.

Quote:
And there is no reason to believe otherwise.
There's no reason for me to believe you don't pick your nose and eat the results, either. That doesn't mean I have to assume you do.

Quote:
Which is why I stated that regardless of if you have gay friends and you have no resentment towards gay people(and I don't), no one wants their child to be gay.
No one, eh? No one at all? Not even gay parents? Gotta love hyperboles.

Quote:
Why in the world would anyone want to be gay?
Well, that's a very good question in light of being in a nation that actively discriminates and persecutes homosexuals. If I lived in overly religious America, I'm not so sure I'd want to be gay, either.

Quote:
Homosexuality is a curse, and I don't believe that it of itself intended by nature. I think it was a sort of byproduct of other factors. Namely, increased sex-drive.
Wouldn't increased sex-drive simply make someone a nymphomaniac who will take sex from either gender? Your assessment doesn't really hold much scientific water much less common sense. If you have increased sex-drive, becoming gay doesn't make much sense since homosexuality drastically limits the playing field, know what I mean? As for it being a curse, what, are you suggesting someone is stirring up a pot of homosexuality in a caldron and chanting incantations over it to curse people? Heh heh.

Quote:
I can't find the particular statistics. But I remember them saying that lesbians do a perfectly fine job of raising children. But that two gay men are usually significantly worse.
It's difficult for me to take any negative thing said about male homosexuality at face value. I would estimate that 85% to 90% of all people who whine and preach about the evils of homosexuality are straight men wailing about gay men. Because of the overwhelming amount of machismo mixed with overdoses of testosterone when dealing with this subject, I can't trust any information that claims gay men are "worse" at something.

Quote:
I'm fine with the government staying out of peoples' lives. Thats why I advocate getting the government completely out of marriage entirely. I highly doubt you will advocate the same.
So we should hand it all over to religion? I don't think so.

Old 01-17-2014, 09:01 AM

4,176 posts, read 4,652,661 times
Quote:
My issue with the subject is how people want to demonize people for their personal convictions regarding homosexuality. When people say "You need to be open minded" they are really saying "think like me".
No one's saying, "be open minded." Most people here are saying, "mind your own business." There's a difference.

Old 01-17-2014, 09:04 AM

6,324 posts, read 4,299,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LibertyandJusticeforAll View Post
Its nice to see the liberals using the constitution..
Remember that when Americans ask to keep the 2nd amendment in place and not regulate us.
I guess limited government works when after all the constitution need need to protect anything since it was right in the 10th amendment on states rights.
What a bogus claim. I'm not going to go into a lot of detail on an irrelevant post for the thread topic, but you people need to STOP being paranoid that "they're coming for your guns."

Thanks to that ridiculous crap, America stands with Iran and North Korea as one of three nations that didn't sign the Arms Trade Treaty. Wow, what distinguished company we keep as a nation! No wonder so much of the world no longer sees America as the good guys coming to the rescue but rather bad guys out to bully.

All because gun nuts and NRA morons thought that the treaty would give the UN the authority to come into the USA and take our guns. This despite the fact that the treaty specifically forbade such an action. Your paranoia just put weapons in the hands of terrorists and hate groups and drug cartels worldwide. I hope you're really, really proud!

Old 01-17-2014, 09:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Globe199 View Post
No one's saying, "be open minded." Most people here are saying, "mind your own business." There's a difference.
It's being made my business. Kind of hard to do that...

Old 01-17-2014, 09:08 AM

4,176 posts, read 4,652,661 times
Quote:
How the hell is it being made your business? Two gays going off and getting married -- where do you fit into that? The answer is, you don't.

The contemporary anti-marriage tactic among bigots and homophobes is to play the victim card, as if they are somehow being "forced" to accept gays and gay marriage. You just did this. No one with half a brain takes it seriously.

Old 01-17-2014, 09:08 AM

2,287 posts, read 2,577,365 times
Quote:
How is it being made your business anymore than when a opposite gender couple displays their straightness by holding hands, talking about their children, talking about their spouse etc?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies