Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-18-2014, 03:52 PM

22,632 posts, read 14,943,387 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post

... Heterosexuality lends itself to procreation and procreation lends itself to marriage and the biologically related family.

Homosexuality has no connection to procreation or nature's design by which the two sexes create children and families ...
Procreation is not a requirement of marriage. Millions of married people throughout the generations have legally married without procreating.

Children were born to unmarried couples. Often these offspring are abandoned by one or the other or even both of the biological parents.

Most importantly, same-sex couples are raising children ... nurturing them, rearing them ... they have created a family. Supreme Court Justice Anthony Kennedy (appointed by Ronald Reagan in 1988) noted that when deciding the case known as Hollingsworth v. Perry (2013).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-18-2014, 04:01 PM

22,632 posts, read 14,943,387 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shirina View Post
No, that's an ignorant argument.

When you see homosexuality as merely a sexual fetish, then you really don't know what you're talking about, the very definition of ignorance.
That's exactly the point. Ignorant people, prejudiced people ... they seem unaware that when a woman who happens to be lesbian falls in love with another woman and wants to build a relationship with her. Ditto for gay guys. However, I guess these homophobes have their minds in the gutter and can only think about the actual sex act.

Old 01-18-2014, 09:16 PM

24,511 posts, read 33,312,803 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chin_Muzik_NJ View Post
Everybody is a bigot....
Everyone who doesn't agree with those who yell "bigot!"

Old 01-18-2014, 09:55 PM

150 posts, read 183,215 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleet View Post
Everyone who doesn't agree with those who yell "bigot!"
People are not bigoted for having different opinions.

People are bigots for using their different opinions as a way to restrict the rights of others.

That's where the line draws.

Old 01-18-2014, 10:07 PM

24,511 posts, read 33,312,803 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Okipower120190 View Post

People are bigots for using their different opinions as a way to restrict the rights of others.

That word is becoming way overused! ("equal rights").

Also, a lot of people who yell "bigot" are bigots themselves.

Old 01-18-2014, 10:48 PM

38,642 posts, read 26,378,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
Obviously individuals are not protected equally, since you can marry a woman and I can't.
Quote:
Yes, but I can't marry a man and you can.

In my state, marriage is still a contract between one man and one woman.

It isn't based on sexuality, which is no one's business except the marriage partners.

No, instead it is based only on the sexes of the participants.

So what special privilege does anyone have if we all play by the same rules?

What you want is a special privilege based solely on your personal preference.

Furthermore, this personal preference of yours violates the intent of marriage laws when they were originally created by our elected officials.

If you want to fundamentally change marriage, start with a clean sheet of paper and make your case for marriage between members of the same sex.

I would be a supporter of same-sex marriage if I ever heard a good argument for it.

To this day I haven't.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rlarson21 View Post
You do realize that sexual orientation is unchosen and not changeable. .. right. So why can you marry in accordance with your unchosen trait but I cant with mine?You're either stupid or a troll or intellectually dishonest. Is the right of a straight man to marry a woman equal to the right of someone with a homosexual orientation to marry a woman ?do you deny that us gay people exist?ill bet you believe that everyone is born straight and gay people are straight but chose a different lifestyle.. but youre wrong.
Quote:
If we ignore the fact that marriage serves a greater purposed than to be a ruse by which the power of the corrupt state is harnessed to force the normalization of homosexuality, then marriage in accordance with your unchosen trait might make sense.

Heterosexuality lends itself to procreation and procreation lends itself to marriage and the biologically related family.

Homosexuality has no connection to procreation or nature's design by which the two sexes create children and families.

More to the point, the debate over "equal marriage" is a charade since the only reason homosexuals want to marry is so they can claim to also be normal and have a license from the state to prove it.

Opposition from same-sex marriage advocates to polygamy and other definitions of marriage that dilute their claim of exclusive sameness with traditional marriage lays bare the lie.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
Maybe if procreation was required of ANY marriage, you might have a point, but since no one is required to procreate to get married, your point fails.

Again, we are face to face with common sense.

When marriage laws were written, common sense was still common so the simple fact that marriages between a man and a woman were in harmony with nature's design (see penis and vagina) was the only rationale needed to restrict marriage to one man and one woman.

Having tossed common sense out the window to facilitate arguments in favor of same-sex marriage, we cannot now pretend it is still in play when we take up questions like the legitimacy of traditional marriage.

If we are to change the rules about marriage, then consistent logic should dictate who may or may not wed.

If those who support same-sex marriage believe they have the right to marry the person they love without a restriction on sex, then I shouldn't see the very same posters opposing polygamy.

If we are to live by a lie, then we should all live by the same lie equally.

Old 01-18-2014, 10:48 PM

1,634 posts, read 1,209,548 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Okipower120190 View Post

You don't get to make your own definition for bigot, dude. Sorry.

Old 01-18-2014, 10:52 PM

1,634 posts, read 1,209,548 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimuelojones View Post
That is a great point. Why are two heterosexual adults of the same sex not allowed to marry and form a family?

Thank you! I never thought of SSM in those terms.
I would say you probably never thought about it that way because it's insanely stupid. But, then I had an epiphany.

Nonetheless, if you are born with a penis and see yourself as a woman...that doesn't change the FACT your SEX is male.

A penis and a vagina cannot have a SSM. Period.

Old 01-18-2014, 10:54 PM

32,068 posts, read 15,062,274 times
Quote:
A poop chute is no substitute for a vagina.
Really? Why is that? Do you have any idea how many heterosexuals take pleasure in that. Ok, I guess I said too much lol

Old 01-18-2014, 10:57 PM

150 posts, read 183,215 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chin_Muzik_NJ View Post
You don't get to make your own definition for bigot, dude. Sorry.
It's not a made up definition.

You used your different opinion to restrict others because you don't agree.

You're intolerant of people wanting to get married to the same sex, so you vote for taking away the right.

I can accept that people "disagree" with homosexuality but don't take away my rights to be happy because of your opinion of disagreement.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies