Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-15-2014, 12:44 PM

30,419 posts, read 20,301,605 times

Advertisements

Ahhh and wouldn't you know the other anti-capitalist would chime in with his propaganda that Walmart workers must rely on welfare.

By the way, it has been revealed recently that Walmart's health insurance plan beats Obamacare. So, I don't think any of these employees will be dependent on Medicaid.

What, by the way, makes you think you know all about Walmart and how they run their business?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-15-2014, 12:46 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,464,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
So, what do you have against Walmart? Oh, wait ... they are evil capitalists. Right? You're an ati-capitalist, a.k.a, "progressive."
Walmart is the perfect example of capitalism at work.
They are huge and that hugeness allows them to get special made products just for them and lower wholesale pricing then their competition.

They embraced labor scheduling software and made JIT a household word among retailers.

They also have thousands lining up for jobs.

Walmart is the business model that every company strives for.

Old 01-15-2014, 12:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ringwise View Post
And you know this for a fact how? Please show your proof of that.
He doesn't know squat. He just likes to spead propaganda. Kind of like de Blasio is just your average Democrat.

Old 01-15-2014, 12:48 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,464,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Which would indicate how important Wal Mart actually is, wouldnt it?
Or how little capital there is today for small business to get started and stay in business.
The bigger they are the better they are to weather the storm.

Old 01-15-2014, 12:52 PM

9,470 posts, read 6,968,141 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
When Walmart comes in direct competition dies off.
And if Walmart doesn't make their revenue numbers then Walmart will close shop and move leaving the towns lacking for goods and services.
Some towns never recover either.
Here's a clue:

It happens all the time, and not just because of Walmart.

In fact, Walmart's actual impact about the claimed 'fault' with Walmart is so small as to NOT REGISTER in terms of statistics - You're picking ONE to target for blame for the evolution of time and business and business models, and yet, it has been happening since long before the founders wrote the Declaration of Independence.

Old 01-15-2014, 12:53 PM

Quote:
They are huge and that hugeness allows them to get special made products just for them and lower wholesale pricing then their competition.

They embraced labor scheduling software and made JIT a household word among retailers.

This is UTTERLY wrong. You have no idea how wrong it is, I'm sure, since you probably know absolutely nothing about business models.

Old 01-15-2014, 12:54 PM

Quote:

Yes it is. When I was setting tile, I did a lot of work for Walmart employees. I never found one person that didn't like working there, and further evidence is that those Walmart employees at the two stores I most often patronize have been their for years.

And before you no-nothings on here attack me for being a "butt crack" tile setter who couldn't possibly know anything (I know what your're thinking ... I know liberals), I spent years in the electronics field, as a tech on the bench, field service tech, and later in the Marketing/Sales department (because, as my former boss told me, he "liked my writing techniques").

I have sales/marketing and advertising experience. That qualifies me to speak about Walmart.

Old 01-15-2014, 12:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pnwmdk View Post
This is UTTERLY wrong. You have no idea how wrong it is, I'm sure, since you probably know absolutely nothing about business models.
There ya go. You knew it was coming. So predictable. And what do you know about "business models," especially, Walmart's?

Old 01-15-2014, 12:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
Yes it is. When I was setting tile, I did a lot of work for Walmart employees. I never found one person that didn't like working there, and further evidence is that those Walmart employees at the two stores I most often patronize have been their for years.

And before you no-nothings on here attack me for being a "butt crack" tile setter who couldn't possibly know anything (I know what your're thinking ... I know liberals), I spent years in the electronics field, as a tech on the bench, field service tech, and later in the Marketing/Sales department (because, as my former boss told me, he "liked my writing techniques").

I have sales/marketing and advertising experience. That qualifies me to speak about Walmart.
Not everyone likes working there.

However, Walmart does not have a reputation among employees as being a terrible place to work. There are terrible things out there that make Walmart look like paradise by comparison.

I've even worked at a couple of them.

Old 01-15-2014, 12:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahzzie View Post
This ....
Oh, well, I guess that settles it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies