Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-01-2014, 08:23 AM

11,110 posts, read 9,814,649 times

Advertisements

Christie Asks for Public's Patience While He Comes Up with New Story : The New Yorker

Quote:
TRENTON (The Borowitz Report)—Responding to fresh charges that he knew about the controversial lane closures on the George Washington Bridge last fall, New Jersey Governor Chris Christie today asked for the public’s patience while he makes up a new story.

Governor Christie said that he had spent the past few hours in closed-door meetings trying to come up with a new narrative that absolves him of any guilt in the bridge scandal, but while he was definitely denying the allegations, “so far, we don’t have a winner.”

The Governor said he understood that “things don’t look very good for me right now,” but he urged the public against rushing to judgment, adding, “I will get back to you with a well-crafted and plausible story as soon as possible.”

Obligatory note for the turgidly obtuse:
Yes, the rest of us understand that it's satire
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-01-2014, 08:35 AM

1,347 posts, read 954,397 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimuelojones View Post
I don't doubt many knew of the closing of the lanes when it happened, even the Governor. The real question is if he had knowledge that the lanes were being closed by his staffers actions; Knoweldge either prior, durring, or after the closings until he met with the media and claimed he had no prior knowledge.
You people have fu--ing GOT to be kidding me, that there is ANYONE who actually believes he not only knew - but did not order the closings - is just astounding on so many levels. They'd have to be people living far, far from NJ, or just so loaded with an agenda that CC could have shot schoolchildren and they'd scream that it was an MSNBC lie.

Claiming CC did not orchestrate this action, or even more ludicrously, that he did even know it was happening, is like saying a person did not know a tree fell on their house for FOUR whole days while they continued to live in it.

The GWB is the most actively used ON EARTH, NJ is a small state, and this is a person who ran a VERY tight ship with all of his aides sitting ten feet from him. Wildstein, the person working at the PA knew CC for decades, and was appointed by him. No credible person can believe that he did not know, no f--king way.

Just so that no one can question my motives, I despise obama to the core of my existence, and the democraptic party even more, (for the illegal alien amnesty BS alone they should all be removed from office).

Old 02-01-2014, 08:36 AM

6,500 posts, read 6,036,704 times
Unless there is real proof or he admits it, we may never know the truth. However, while Im not a huge fan of his, its clear he is Republican just enough where the media and others will really work to bring him down. Had this been a Democrat, we wouldnt hear much about it. Hell, Obama's been caught lying, as have others in his Admin, and you didnt hear much of a peep from the media about it. Nothing but excuses and what not.

But Ive said if he did have something to do with this, he should pay for it. But ex-employees are not exactly the best witnesses in my opinion.

Old 02-01-2014, 08:39 AM

59,040 posts, read 27,306,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theother View Post
Will he come out and admit it?
I love how you AUTOMATICALLY FIND Christine GUILTY based on an undocumented accusation.

He may be and he may NOT be.

I'll WAIT to see the documentation.

Old 02-01-2014, 08:44 AM

1,347 posts, read 954,397 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilt11 View Post
Unless there is real proof or he admits it, we may never know the truth. However, while Im not a huge fan of his, its clear he is Republican just enough where the media and others will really work to bring him down. Had this been a Democrat, we wouldnt hear much about it. Hell, Obama's been caught lying, as have others in his Admin, and you didnt hear much of a peep from the media about it. Nothing but excuses and what not.

But Ive said if he did have something to do with this, he should pay for it. But ex-employees are not exactly the best witnesses in my opinion.
I was a HUGE CC fan before this; anyone, anywhere who is willing to take on and crush the public employee unions is a hero, period. I will vote and support for anyone, from any party, if they are willing to attack the teachers and other public unions.

When this went down, I knew immediately he was DOA, and it is a big loss, because there are few politicians brave and smart enough to attack the unions, but this was a criminal act that punished literally millions of people, for almost a full week.

Forget obama, he is trash who is being protected by the NY Times like he is their teenage daughter. 4 more years of his fake presidency and we can start to move forward as a country.

Old 02-01-2014, 08:44 AM

11,578 posts, read 13,948,459 times
I see the Dems are up in arms. So what time are they assembling with their pitchforks and storming the capital?

Old 02-01-2014, 08:47 AM

11,578 posts, read 13,948,459 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MadisonR View Post
but this was a criminal act that punished literally millions of people, for almost a full week.
Kinda like Obamacare but on a grander scale.

Old 02-01-2014, 08:56 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,527,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
Using campaign money or bribes...........oh my nobody ever did that before..............hell they ALL do it. They ALL pay their buddies.........friends..........hell what happened to the hero John Edwards? I mean get real............but this is a big deal because Hillary needs to win on the east so they are taking out fatso. Hell I don't even care anymore the country is lost.
John Edwards was never any hero. The media found out about his story and he went down. So . . what is your point? Christie will go down as well IF he is guilty - which I now believe he is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swingblade View Post
I tried to like Christie and was even considering instead of voting 3rd party as usual voting for him if he made it out of the primaries. One of the reasons is I thought he would play hard ball with congress and pass some meaningful legislation. I do not like Christies NJ style hard ball of making threats of taking away relief funds. And that was after where he tried to show he was above the fray and met with Obama.

The more I know about him the more I wonder what I was thinking trying to like him
This is exactly how I feel. I thought he might be a candidate to bridge the two parties but, even excluding bridgegate, I do not like what I see.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 01Snake View Post
I see the Dems are up in arms. So what time are they assembling with their pitchforks and storming the capital?
He was never going to be the Democratic candidate. No one is stopping him from continuing to be a Republican hero. Feel free to honor him as your candidate.

Old 02-01-2014, 09:21 AM

7,269 posts, read 4,213,236 times
Quote:
Really. Why aren't they at the Capitol complaining about getting ripped off by fed policies and govt. programs that make their kids/grandkids foot the bill.

Old 02-01-2014, 10:04 AM

46,001 posts, read 35,180,801 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
I love how you AUTOMATICALLY FIND Christine GUILTY based on an undocumented accusation.

He may be and he may NOT be.

I'll WAIT to see the documentation.
We are talking New Jersey politics, he is probably guilty.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies