Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-16-2014, 12:00 PM

42,732 posts, read 29,878,374 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoniDanko View Post
In case where there's no injuries, the parties have a history of sleeping together, they sleep in the same bed, and there's absolutely nothing and no other proof other that two conflicting arguments, then DC at the Ridge, how do you think it would be possible to prove? I guess you don't care about proof? You think that the fact that a man is accused of rape without any proof is all the proof that's needed for a conviction huh?
Okay, how do you prove it?

What evidence besides a woman's word that she did not consent to have sex with her husband is required?

Old 01-16-2014, 12:02 PM

2,234 posts, read 1,759,132 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeexplorer View Post
Just want to point out how miniscule it is.

"Every year since 1989, in about 25 percent of the sexual assault cases referred to the FBI where results could be obtained, the primary suspect has been excluded by forensic DNA testing. Specifically, FBI officials report that out of roughly 10,000 sexual assault cases since 1989, about 2,000 tests have been inconclusive, about 2,000 tests have excluded the primary suspect, and about 6,000 have "matched" or included the primary suspect. These percentages have remained constant for 7 years, and the National Institute of Justice's informal survey of private laboratories reveals a strikingly similar 26 percent exclusion rate."

https://www.ncjrs.gov/pdffiles/dnaevid.pdf
They could care less about that fact. They think that is a woman accuses a man of rape, even when there's no evidence, that he should be immediately hauled off to jail.

Old 01-16-2014, 12:02 PM

13,303 posts, read 7,870,141 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post

What evidence besides a woman's word that she did not consent to have sex with her husband is required?
MOVIES!

People make movies all the time to make money.

Old 01-16-2014, 12:04 PM

26,694 posts, read 14,565,372 times
Quote:

Hence the point of the Virginia GOP candidate.

When we can't prove someone is guilty, then he is innocent!

Old 01-16-2014, 12:05 PM

26,694 posts, read 14,565,372 times
Quote:
They could care less about that fact. They think that is a woman accuses a man of rape, even when there's no evidence, that he should be immediately hauled off to jail.
Every man is a potential rapist since he carries the weapon.

Old 01-16-2014, 12:06 PM

Quote:

Exactly! You tell me how you prove it DC at the Ridge? Like Richard Black VA candidate for senate, I don't know how you prove it without someone else to collaborate the story or some other proof. What are you suggesting? That we lock men away when there's no proof? You answer your own question.

Old 01-16-2014, 12:07 PM

Quote:
Perhaps you should apply some critical thinking.

Why would rape cases be referred to the FBI? Maybe the majority of these cases involve------wait for it----stranger rape, where the incidence of false identification is an issue to begin with.

That would hardly be the case in spousal rape.

So, once again, what evidence do you think a wife should supply that she was raped by her husband besides her testimony that she did not consent to have sex with him? What is your gold standard for evidence?

Old 01-16-2014, 12:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeexplorer View Post
Hence the point of the Virginia GOP candidate.

When we can't prove someone is guilty, then he is innocent!
Yes, that explains why less than half the rapes in this country get reported to authorities.

Old 01-16-2014, 12:11 PM

Quote:
Perhaps you should apply some critical thinking.

Why would rape cases be referred to the FBI? Maybe the majority of these cases involve------wait for it----stranger rape, where the incidence of false identification is an issue to begin with.

That would hardly be the case in spousal rape.

So, once again, what evidence do you think a wife should supply that she was raped by her husband besides her testimony that she did not consent to have sex with him? What is your gold standard for evidence?
You tell me DC at the Ridge. Stop answering my question with a question. You think that only based on the testimony of a wife without any other proof that men should be convicted of rape? You tell me. I'm not answering anything else until you answer the question I asked.

Old 01-16-2014, 12:13 PM

1,735 posts, read 1,770,044 times
The last several posts are reasons why the accusation on marital rape doesn't go very far. When I interned part-time at a family law firm, I've seen people turned down on trying to build a case on marital/spousal rape. Why? Not enough evidence. It's the norm for married couples to have sexual relations. You would need a witness or vaginal tearing to make a case for it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies