Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-16-2014, 10:44 AM

2,553 posts, read 2,436,015 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzmeister View Post
I hope President Obama circumvents Congress and seriously limits the powers of the U.S. Intelligence Agencies (i.e. the NSA). It's obvious that Senator Dianne Feinstein and Representative Mike Rogers haven't been providing meaningful oversight.
How is it obvious? None of us are privy to the info they have so, nothing is obvious.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-16-2014, 10:54 AM

8,732 posts, read 6,782,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Even by the President himself it seems.

Obama On Executive Actions: ‘I’ve Got A Pen And I’ve Got A Phone’ « CBS DC

“We’re not just going to be waiting for legislation in order to make sure that we’re providing Americans the kind of help they need. I’ve got a pen and I’ve got a phone,” Obama said Tuesday as he convened his first Cabinet meeting of the year.

Obama continued: ”And I can use that pen to sign executive orders and take executive actions and administrative actions that move the ball forward in helping to make sure our kids are getting the best education possible, making sure that our businesses are getting the kind of support and help they need to grow and advance, to make sure that people are getting the skills that they need to get those jobs that our businesses are creating.”

Listened to some of his college roll out speech. He used those words again - I've got a pen, and I've got a phone. I'm sure that's going to be an ongoing threat when he can't get what he wants.

I think he's going to try to wield that mighty pen to see just how far he can go to get what HE wants.

Old 01-16-2014, 10:56 AM

17,401 posts, read 11,975,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
We'll be OK. Hillary already has a pair. If you think Obama is playing rough, just wait until after 8 years of Mrs. Clinton.
If you think this country would elect an old woman, with a womanizer husband and blood on her hands, you're not thinking straight.

Hillary is nothing but a wanna-be, who rode her husband's coat tails. I see nothing that shows me that she "has a pair". She's always been weak, ineffective and one step behind.

Old 01-16-2014, 11:03 AM

17,401 posts, read 11,975,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimuelojones View Post
I think that is the GOP game plan...jail the opposition.
The only option you have when the Dem's protect the criminals in their party.

Old 01-16-2014, 11:06 AM

8,016 posts, read 5,859,543 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by another_hot-day View Post
Hillary should be in prison, not in office.

As should a rather large number of the other 545 pigs feeding at the taxpayer trough.

Sadly, the inmates are running the asylum.

Old 01-16-2014, 11:06 AM

3,950 posts, read 5,090,473 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danno3314 View Post
How is it obvious? None of us are privy to the info they have so, nothing is obvious.
Obviously you haven't been paying attention.

Glenn Greenwald: "Dianne Feinstein is Outright Lying" about NSA Surveillance Abuses - YouTube

As the video proves, Democrats are just as corruptible as Republicans.

Old 01-16-2014, 11:19 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,629,107 times
Reading the comments here it is obvious some people want to believe they are under the spell of some all powerful tyrant. They get something out of feeling that way, but I don't know what it is. Maybe the "I'm under attack" mentality offers some kind of excitement to their lives.

Old 01-16-2014, 11:22 AM

8,016 posts, read 5,859,543 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spaten_Drinker View Post
Barry is getting desparate. His term is running out and he knows once he is gone there will be no buildings or statutes of him in the future. His "legacy" will be trillions of new debt and a law that no one likes and will probably not last long after he is gone.

I think the only thing this clown is concerned about IS his legacy. But try as he might, he won't be able to escape the albatross that is Obamacare. And Obama sure as hell won't have any buildings named after him, but I would be willing to fund a business in honor of his name. My business would be one that produces and installs portable toilets.

Instead of Port-O-Lets, I would call them "Obam-a-Lets", because just like their namesake, they too will spend most of their time on this planet "full of s**t".

Old 01-16-2014, 11:22 AM

5,094 posts, read 5,174,352 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ringwise View Post
If you think this country would elect an old woman, with a womanizer husband and blood on her hands, you're not thinking straight.

Hillary is nothing but a wanna-be, who rode her husband's coat tails. I see nothing that shows me that she "has a pair". She's always been weak, ineffective and one step behind.

The only "pair" that Hillary has once belonged to Bill Clinton. She pretends to have her own because her "girlfriend" Huma is the "femme" in their relationship.

Old 01-16-2014, 11:24 AM

18,461 posts, read 7,089,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
Congress (Republicans) are incapable of performing their constitutional duties. There are issues that need to be addressed and if the Pres can use EO's and regulatory authority that he has to do that, I say get on with it. I think the majority of us are sick and tired of a vocal, reactionary minority holding Congress and the country hostage. We had a vote - you lost! As for Republicans taking back the White House, keep up with the anti-Hispanic, anti-Black, anti-poor, anti-women's rights crap and I am not so sure.
Yes, the president won his election but that does not give him Carte Blanche rule by executive fiat.

The Republicans in Congress won their elections too remember?

It's called checks and balances, maybe you should look it up.

And by the way, before you start deriding Congress for "not doing their jobs" maybe you should remember how long it took the Dem controlled Senate to pass a budget.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies