Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-17-2014, 06:47 AM

5,094 posts, read 5,171,657 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
If they aren't eating why not hang out at the library reading room area. The seats are probably more comfortable.

How are people supposed to read or get work done with a bunch of yapping seniors ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-17-2014, 06:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by katzpaw View Post
Read the article - there are many other local options for these Korean seniors. Maybe this McDonalds has a lucky street number or good feng shui.

They are cheapskates. At the McDonalds near me, they come in and buy a cup a coffee and stay of hours consuming FREE REFILLS. Cut off the refills and they would leave in a minute.

Old 01-17-2014, 06:53 AM

56,988 posts, read 35,179,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spaten_Drinker View Post
They are cheapskates. At the McDonalds near me, they come in and buy a cup a coffee and stay of hours consuming FREE REFILLS. Cut off the refills and they would leave in a minute.
Lol...as if YOU would stop giving them the free refills. Stop it...really just stop it.

Leave the old folks alone. So what if they sit there for hours. As long as others can find a table, and I know I've never had a problem, just mind your own business as long as they aren't bothering you.

McDonald's is a multi billion dollar corporation..they can afford the refills.

Old 01-17-2014, 06:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
I think the hours are a bit exaggerated, but they DO have a tendency to sit in McDonald's for hours on end. 3 or 4 hours for sure. They do it all the time at this local store.

That said, what are you gonna do? Not much that you can do.

It is probably not the same senior that stays all day. How can you tell? They all look alike.

Old 01-17-2014, 06:56 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,707,495 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rggr View Post
I never said they shouldn't be civil, so I'm not sure where you got that. I'm saying that the people sitting there should know that it's rude and it shouldn't be the responsibility of someone to invite them someplace else. Given that this isn't the case, or maybe the do know and just don't care, McDonald's should be civil in asking them to leave if they so choose.
My takeaway is that this McDonalds is civil and asks them to leave. They don't so the police are called. Then they walk around the block and return.

I wonder what it is about this McDoalds that makes it a target or is this simply a group who feels entitled and thrives on the drama?

Old 01-17-2014, 06:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dude111 View Post
The Mcdonalds near me has a sign that says NO MORE THAN 30 MINUTES!!
This particular McDonalds has a 20 minute sign. These people ignore it.

Old 01-17-2014, 07:00 AM

Quote:
Lol...as if YOU would stop giving them the free refills. Stop it...really just stop it.

Leave the old folks alone. So what if they sit there for hours. As long as others can find a table, and I know I've never had a problem, just mind your own business as long as they aren't bothering you.

If it were MY business, I would not even give a senior citizen DISCOUNT. Why give a discount to the population that controls over 80% of the wealth in this country? Seniors have had an entire lifetime to accumulate their fortunes and now want a discount on coffee?????

Old 01-17-2014, 07:04 AM

10,545 posts, read 13,580,303 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
My takeaway is that this McDonalds is civil and asks them to leave. They don't so the police are called. Then they walk around the block and return.

I wonder what it is about this McDoalds that makes it a target or is this simply a group who feels entitled and thrives on the drama?
Yes, at that point, I have no concern for them.

Old 01-17-2014, 07:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spaten_Drinker View Post
They cease being a customer the minute they finish their coffee or sandwich. After that they are LOITERING. One solution would be to remove all the tables an chairs and make it "take out" only or put in bartops that do not have seats so customers have to stand while consuming their food.
The lack of seats might put them at a competitive disadvantage. I know it does in the city( Manhattan).

If these were teens or homeless people there would likely be less sensitivity.

Old 01-17-2014, 07:06 AM

10,545 posts, read 13,580,303 times
Quote:

The franchise owner is not a multi billion dollar corporation and being able to afford it does not mean that you can't be taken advantage of by people.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies