Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-17-2014, 11:16 AM

10,581 posts, read 9,783,616 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamale View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by bUU View Post
Horrific. Utterly horrific. Compounded by how little some people care.
You mistake protecting one of our constitutional rights with "not caring" about dead and injured children.
He's not mistaking anything. He knows his blather about people not caring, is a lie.

But he's a liberal - part of a group that spends its life pushing an agenda that most Americans don't want.

The only way he can do that, is by lying about things, tricking normal people into supporting his agenda instead of their own, and pretending it's something else, at least until the votes are counted.

Every time you think a liberal "doesn't understand" or "is mistaken" about something, think again. Because they KNOW what they are saying isn't so. But they'll say it anyway, to fool decent people into supporting them.

These people lie like you and I breathe. Lying comes as naturally to them, as breathing... because it's the only choice they have, if they want to succeed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-17-2014, 11:17 AM

For the 4367th time:

Automobiles, guns, electrical things plugged into the wall, sharp knives, and swimming pools, are all things that can kill people if not properly kept and used.

If you leave a car with the engine running, door open, and keys in the ignition where 4-year-olds can get to it, sometimes no kids die, and sometimes they do.

If you leave a gun loaded and sitting around where 4-year-olds can get to it, sometimes no kids die, and sometimes they do.

I recommend against doing both of those things. But I don't recommend doing away with either class of item. Because both have very important roles to fulfill in making life safer, more pleasant, and more prosperous for law-abiding people; and attempts to eliminate either would simply create an instant black market where only lawbreakers would have them.

Old 01-17-2014, 11:25 AM
bUU

12,074 posts, read 10,705,895 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
What is a gun nut?
Gun nuts will bend themselves into pretzels to try to rationalize their scurrilous, self-centered and petulant perspectives regarding increasing regulation of firearms in the country.

Quote:
Originally Posted by my54ford View Post
<image>
Quote:
Quote:
NONSENSE

Inanely claiming that regulation is blame.

Old 01-17-2014, 11:26 AM

46,289 posts, read 27,099,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bUU View Post
Gun nuts will bend themselves into pretzels to try to rationalize their scurrilous, self-centered and petulant perspectives regarding increasing regulation of firearms in the country.

Read post 3, you musta missed it...

Old 01-17-2014, 11:27 AM

17,798 posts, read 13,692,692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Little-Acorn View Post
For the 4367th time:

Automobiles, guns, electrical things plugged into the wall, sharp knives, and swimming pools, are all things that can kill people if not properly kept and used.

Let's see? Don't take an automobile, electrical things plugged into the wall, sharp knives or swimming pools to a gun fight. Got it.

Old 01-17-2014, 11:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddie gein View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Little-Acorn View Post
For the 4367th time:

If you leave a car with the engine running, door open, and keys in the ignition where 4-year-olds can get to it, sometimes no kids die, and sometimes they do.

If you leave a gun loaded and sitting around where 4-year-olds can get to it, sometimes no kids die, and sometimes they do.

I recommend against doing both of those things. But I don't recommend doing away with either class of item. Because both have very important roles to fulfill in making life safer, more pleasant, and more prosperous for law-abiding people; and attempts to eliminate either would simply create an instant black market where only lawbreakers would have them.
Let's see? Don't take an automobile, electrical things plugged into the wall, sharp knives or swimming pools to a gun fight. Got it.
You always know when liberals have lost the debate and can't refute your point. They try to pretend you said or meant something else you clearly didn't.

Old 01-17-2014, 11:33 AM

50,289 posts, read 47,043,365 times
You teach your kid not to play in a busy street, it's the same as teaching them not to pick up a gun, loaded or not.

Old 01-17-2014, 11:33 AM

19,893 posts, read 18,444,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
There was a day, that mom watched the kids every move. Especially at that curious age.

Now moms are so preoccupied with their freak'n cell phones a tweeting, snap chatting, and facebook updates, that the kids run wild without correction.

You know what, your are so very right on this. We were at the mall on Saturday past.

I was so disturbed. We were in one of the major department stores. I am not kidding, there was this little girl, that had to be around no more then 3.

No parents roaming around, no parents in site. One of the sales clerks, got hold of the little girl, and asked her name. And on the intercom told her parents to get to the home department. Thank Goodness this little girl spoke very well and did know her name, she was bright. Not the point, at this young age, you don't let your child out of your site.

What the hek is wrong with people, why no responsibility. Who would let their 3 yr old child roam the store with no supervision. I don't honestly understand. Not the way I was when my children were young.

When I told my friend about this, she made me mad, first thing she said was what was the race. Not the issue, race is of unimportance, when your showing lack of being responsible for your child. I don't give a damn what race you are, don't let your 3 year old child roam a department store, with no supervision

I was very upset by this..

Old 01-17-2014, 11:35 AM

1,634 posts, read 1,209,548 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 70Ford View Post
4-year-old girl shoots and kills 4-year-old cousin, police say - CNN.com

I suppose it could be worse.

According to the Centers for Disease Control's National Center for Injury Prevention and Control, 703 children under the age of 15 died in accidental firearms deaths between 2001 and 2010, the latest year for which data are available.
During the same period, 7,766 children under the age of 14 suffered accidental firearm injuries.

I can't even think about how the parents feel when their kid kills themselves or someone with the gun they left laying around.
NEW DETAILS: Odessa Mother's Premature Baby Tested Positive for - KWES NewsWest 9 / Midland, Odessa, Big Spring, TX: newswest9.com |

Hey, we need to do something about drugs too....

Old 01-17-2014, 11:37 AM

29,486 posts, read 14,650,004 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
You teach your kid not to play in a busy street, it's the same as teaching them not to pick up a gun, loaded or not.
This. When I was a kid, my dad had two rifles and a shotgun sitting out on a gun rack in the den. Guess what , I'm 44 now and didn't shoot myself or anyone else.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies