Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-17-2014, 07:09 PM

9,229 posts, read 9,760,484 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by fusion2 View Post
Imagine how mixed up I was growing up seeing all these images of straights kissing and having sex on TV (all the time, everyday) and listening to boy bands like NKOTB singing "Be my Girl" and "Please don't go girl"

In the end, fortunately for me I still ended up "In the Navy"
Maybe you are just very gay but other boys/girls are not?
Some people are bisexual etc.

In fact in some countries you can't see anybody kissing or having sex on TV. So it is just a matter of culture. Nothing wrong either way.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-17-2014, 07:23 PM

15,102 posts, read 15,883,952 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bettafish View Post

In fact in some countries you can't see anybody kissing or having sex on TV. So it is just a matter of culture. Nothing wrong either way.
Trust me, I don't want to be living in countries with cultures that support banning freedom of expression such as the abhorrent act of humans kissing or having sex on TV.. In other words, I'll take NKOTB, The Village People and Katy Perry buzzing around media all the time as opposed to the socially and morally 'superior' societies to be found in Saudi Arabia, Iran or Uganda.....

Old 01-17-2014, 07:29 PM

15,102 posts, read 15,883,952 times
Quote:
Maybe you are just very gay but other boys/girls are not?
Some people are bisexual etc.

So let's see if i'm being a 'straight' shooter here....

If you are very gay than regardless of heterosexual acts on TV or listening to NKOTB singing boy/girl songs - it won't make a lick of difference... the Boy is going to like boys in the end.

If you are very straight than regardless of homosexual acts on TV or listening to the Villiage People - it won't make a lick of difference.... the Boy is going to like girls in the end.

If you are in between regardless of hetero or homo sex acts on TV or listening to NKOTB or the Village People... the boy is going to kiss a girl and like it and also go in the navy from time to time.

AND

In the end - everything is cancelled out and nothing changes. The inevitable outcome of natural human expression prevails.... confusion or very simple?

Last edited by fusion2; 01-17-2014 at 07:39 PM..

Old 01-17-2014, 07:46 PM

33,571 posts, read 18,165,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fusion2 View Post
So let's see if i'm being a 'straight' shooter here....

If you are very gay than regardless of heterosexual acts on TV or listening to NKOTB singing boy/girl songs - it won't make a lick of difference... the Boy is going to like boys in the end.

If you are very straight than regardless of homosexual acts on TV or listening to the Villiage People - it won't make a lick of difference.... the Boy is going to like girls in the end.

If you are in between regardless of hetero or homo sex acts on TV or listening to NKOTB or the Village People... the boy is going to kiss a girl and like it and also go in the navy from time to time.

AND

In the end - everything is cancelled out and nothing changes. The inevitable outcome of natural human expression prevails.... confusion or very simple?
You are naive. Ever hear of easily led children? Just because you have an opinion doesn't make it so. That is why some get into drugs, illicit sex and every conceivable kind of bad behavior.

Old 01-17-2014, 08:07 PM

2,523 posts, read 2,203,791 times
Shouldn't he be paying more attention to terror attacks.

Old 01-17-2014, 08:34 PM

27,624 posts, read 21,129,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
You are naive. Ever hear of easily led children? Just because you have an opinion doesn't make it so. That is why some get into drugs, illicit sex and every conceivable kind of bad behavior.
Whether or not you relaize it, an individual will invariably follow their own nature...and if they don't, they end up being miserable adults due to supression issues. Do you not realize that even kids brought up in religious anti-gay families will end up gay if it is in their DNA?

Mormon Mom Who Fought for Prop 8, Now Fights for Gay Son
WATCH: Mormon Mom Who Fought for Prop 8, Now Fights for Gay Son | GLAAD

Do you actually believe that this kid was exposed to a gay agenda? Who's being naive here?

And btw...even when homosexuality being open was not the norm, I knew girls in junior high school that were exploring sexuality with each other and all of them ended up in hetero marriages and having kids.

Last edited by sickofnyc; 01-17-2014 at 08:52 PM..

Old 01-17-2014, 08:53 PM

9,807 posts, read 11,145,157 times
Quote:
Most countries in the world do not allow images like two men (or two women) kissing to display on TV.
It is some western countries who went too far.
You have submitted a logical fallacy, specifically an argumentum ad populum. The fact that most countries in the world do not allow such images on television is just a logical fallacy; you posit that somehow because it is not permissible in developing countries, it is true and correct. One could easily say that because most people in the world do not have enough to eat and drink that such a way of life is the correct one.

Most countries in the world are not developed. What these countries have to come to terms with is modernity. You mention television restrictions. Let us examine one such country...Who can forget what happened in Saudi Arabia in 1965 when the King's Wahhabi nephew attacked the broadcasting station? The station was forced to broadcast only Koranic versus lest the crazed bedouins all rise in fury against the well-established Islamic admonitions against showing faces - landscapes and caligraphy only-- so sayeth the Prophet in Hadith.

Last edited by LuvSouthOC; 01-17-2014 at 09:18 PM..

Old 01-17-2014, 09:00 PM

25,848 posts, read 16,532,741 times
Stay away from the children with your perversions. I totally understand that.

Old 01-17-2014, 09:09 PM

9,807 posts, read 11,145,157 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
The liberal media loves controversy.. and the liberal media including radio jocks played the song I kissed a girl and I liked it... It rose faster than most songs as mediabase which counts the spins shot it up the charts. Also it helped that Katy Perry was the daughter of a preacher and also was a former Christian artist singing Christian contemporary songs.. so it was ripe fruit for the liberals to shoot it to the top of the charts.

Matt Lauer on show Today...had her singing it on the morning show and it was everywhere. I wouldn't want anybodies kids to hear the song. It is flat out disgusting. It is sensual and exploits deviant behavior. That is why Putin says , Leave the children in peace.In other words... Keep your hands off the minds of the little ones.
Aside from the grammatical problems above which I would hope your children will not replicate, and will instead, secure for themselves a knowledge of the English language, it appears that this man, Putin, who you defend, is a man who hardly "leaves children in peace". In fact, he persists in incarcerating disadents, poisoning at least one with plutonium in London (and the hospital), perniciously and negatively interfering in neighboring countries' affairs, and arresting journalists and roughing them up. Ah, gangster style. Perhaps that's what those Russian Eurasian kids need to see and aspire to in order to be left in peace. As for his love life: Dump Ludmilla for Godzilla, Russian gangsta style so as to make sure those are upstanding citizens.

Old 01-17-2014, 09:18 PM

25,848 posts, read 16,532,741 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvSouthOC View Post
Aside from the grammatical problems above which I would hope your children will not replicate, and will instead, secure for themselves a knowledge of the English language, it appears that this man, Putin, who you defend, is a man who hardly "leaves children in peace". In fact, he persists in incarcerating disadents, poisoning at least one with plutonium in London (and the hospital), perniciously and negatively interfering in neighboring countries' affairs, and arresting journalists and roughing them up. Ah, gangster style. Perhaps that's what those Russian Eurasian kids need to see and aspire to in order to be left in peace. As for his love life: Dump Ludmilla for Godzilla, Russian gangsta style so as to make sure those are upstanding citizens.
I suppose it's required material to discredit anyone who isn't waving the rainbow flag these days.

But Putin is just saying what most of us feel. Stay away from our children with your sexual perversions. Let them be children and protect their innocence.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies