Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-17-2014, 04:51 PM

46,956 posts, read 25,990,037 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by boner View Post
Funny the wimpering nuttless fraidy cats turn into when confronted

LMAO
Sad how dumb hicks get violent when they realize their brains won't win them the battle.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-17-2014, 04:54 PM

46,956 posts, read 25,990,037 times
Heh - just came across this excellent quote:

“But you know as well as I, patriotism is a word; and one that generally comes to mean either my country, right or wrong, which is infamous, or my country is always right, which is imbecile.”

(That's from Master and Commander, and if you haven't read that, put down the 'puter and do so.)

Old 01-17-2014, 04:57 PM

14,773 posts, read 21,500,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
Sad how dumb hicks get violent when they realize their brains won't win them the battle.
Wow it only took a couple pages for the personal assaults start to pour in.

Old 01-17-2014, 06:21 PM

16,294 posts, read 28,531,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iNviNciBL3 View Post
Lmfao awe these first world problems sure are getting to you?

And no, we are not all in "distress" like you. a lot of us are happy and doing just fine.
So you've got a nice house (with mortgage) a fancy car, and money in your pocket.

The modern day Nero, fiddling while the empire crumbles.

Old 01-17-2014, 06:27 PM

15,080 posts, read 14,324,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iNviNciBL3 View Post
Wow it only took a couple pages for the personal assaults start to pour in.
Why did you quote that particular statement, and not the 'whimpering nutless fraidy cats' that precedied it?

Old 01-17-2014, 06:41 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,180,801 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katzpaw View Post
Street corner demonstrators in Iowa against Guantanamo torture were holding an upside down American flag (or a 'representation' of the flag?) and dragging it on the ground. This led to a heated confrontation with an Iraq vet. I'm on the vet's side. Just because you have the right to disrespect the flag doesn't mean you should and can't be called out for it. Freedom of speech works both ways.

Did anyone bother to check on these people seeing they were using the flag in a way to signal distress?

Old 01-17-2014, 07:35 PM

13,608 posts, read 21,394,406 times
Comments (in general terms) from the assaulter and that is what he was doing, assaulting them.....

"where you there (Iraq)? I was there I know what it was like"

"what do you think we are fighting for what do you think we are protecting?"

"what have you done for your country?"

You know, the people in the military are generally very patriotic and want to believe they are fighting for America. But he (that marine) is just a spoke in the wheel and he goes and does what he is told and that is not always in the interest of American freedom although it is often spun that way. Fact is, sometimes the military is used and abused for special interests not the American people's interests.

So some of us weren't in Iraq, that doesn't mean we aren't entitled to a opinion nor does it mean our opinion is not valid. We here at home suffer from wrongful foreign policy in some ways like a soldier might suffer filling his duty.

This country is not run by the military, they are part of the guard of freedom but they are only part. Civilians do a important part in protecting freedom as much as any veteran has. I am really tired of the slogan "if you love your freedom thank a soldier" as if the only reason the bill of rights continues is because of American military actions around the world.

So what are we fighting for and what do you think we are protecting? Sadly enough often it isn't freedom but interests, be it oil, the rich elite, the industrial complex, or those that stand to gain personally from long drawn out "war on" engagements. But it is we the ordinary people that pay the price for it with our freedom, with our money and with sacrificing our families blood.

Who is protecting American freedom more these days? The soldier in Afghanistan or the civilian who stands up against politicians who would circumvent the rule of law and constitution because the soldier has little no say so against his commander in chief while we do when a president declares "I'll just go around and ignore congress".

Old 01-17-2014, 07:44 PM

14,773 posts, read 21,500,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by weltschmerz View Post
Why did you quote that particular statement, and not the 'whimpering nutless fraidy cats' that precedied it?
o i ain't even see dat one...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asheville Native View Post
So you've got a nice house (with mortgage) a fancy car, and money in your pocket.

The modern day Nero, fiddling while the empire crumbles.
i have a nice townhouse, fancy car and about 2 bucks in my pocket.
gonna sell it all and live like a gypsy for the rest of my life though.

Old 01-17-2014, 07:50 PM

1,140 posts, read 1,301,258 times
It's just some rich college kids that don't work, and are either funded by their parents or the taxpayers. Fools want America to go down, but they don't realize they aren't strong enough to make it through poverty and despair. They don't even realize what's around the corner.

Old 01-17-2014, 07:53 PM

1,728 posts, read 1,777,825 times
Because my words were directed at the losers in the video and the response was directed at present company

ME!

Quote:
Originally Posted by weltschmerz View Post
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies