Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-18-2014, 06:02 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,179,016 times

Advertisements

The road to hell is paved with good intentions.

Well...I hope the intentions were good...I'm not too sure about that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-18-2014, 06:04 PM

1,806 posts, read 1,736,861 times
Add in about 300k people dead in Iraq. Which Hussein wasn't a nice guy, it would take him a while to line up that type of death toll.

As for all of the partisans whining about liberals here, George HW Bush had the chance to take the country and his advisers explained that it would lead to an absolute mess and so they didn't do it. He wasn't a Democrat.

Old 06-19-2014, 06:26 AM

4,278 posts, read 5,175,484 times
What if? Difficult to say. What if JFK had pulled out of Vietnam instead of "pay any price, go anywhere" in the dream of freedom for everyone". Certainly, we would have been better off with him pulling out.

Iraq? - They were looking to get a nuke or some other WMD to counter Iran. Now that Iran is almost ready to produce a nuke Iraq would have one too. Most lilkely buy it from Pakistan or make it.

Old 06-19-2014, 06:59 AM

3,950 posts, read 5,086,255 times
"Iraq: 4,500 Americans dead, 35,000 wounded, $1.7 trillion spent, 100k+ Iraqis killed, Iraq in shambles - and for what?"

To make Iraqi oil available to China and India.

Old 06-19-2014, 02:49 PM

8,610 posts, read 7,888,561 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KRAMERCAT View Post
'Robert Gates view of the Obama and Bush administrations in his new book has certainly created controversy.

It is horrendous to learn that any president might send soldiers into war knowing the futility of their mission.

[MOD CUT/copyright violation]

We are ignoring the most important thing Robert Gates has said | Rare
To get the answer to this query you must interrogate the man who started promising back in 2007 to end the wars and bring home the troops in his first term during his period of ridiculous campaign speeches. It's now his second term and the USA is further entrenched than it was 6 years ago. We have killed the leaders of Egypt and Libya only to leave those countries up for grabs - which extreme Muslim faction will take those countries over? We are in Syria and almost inserted ourselves into Ukraine.

Vietnam was a total loss and we were out of there before two decades had come and gone.
Nixon was good for that.

We will never be free of the ME as our loopey progressive domestic policy won't allow for us to use our own oil resources. We can't build much needed refineries but we sure can erect too many worthless windmills/solar farms.

Old 06-19-2014, 03:15 PM

12,282 posts, read 13,232,358 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by armory View Post
To get the answer to this query you must interrogate the man who started promising back in 2007 to end the wars and bring home the troops in his first term during his period of ridiculous campaign speeches. It's now his second term and the USA is further entrenched than it was 6 years ago. We have killed the leaders of Egypt and Libya only to leave those countries up for grabs - which extreme Muslim faction will take those countries over? We are in Syria and almost inserted ourselves into Ukraine.

Vietnam was a total loss and we were out of there before two decades had come and gone.
Nixon was good for that.

We will never be free of the ME as our loopey progressive domestic policy won't allow for us to use our own oil resources. We can't build much needed refineries but we sure can erect too many worthless windmills/solar farms.
So who doesn't want to build refineries and shut down perfectly good refineries to drive prices up?

BIG OIL!

Old 06-19-2014, 03:16 PM

29,407 posts, read 21,996,065 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by clb10 View Post
"we go fight"?

You mean, "other people's children go fight while I sit back here in my comfy chair with my ice cold beer and watch the highlights on the teevee".
Yep that is why we fight........you that lost?

You sit in your easy chair. One that is earned I'm sure. Others have to go fight. For your easy chair.

Old 06-19-2014, 03:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
The road to hell is paved with good intentions.

Well...I hope the intentions were good...I'm not too sure about that.
Intentions in our best interests as a country. Some may not like it. So does every other country. We got to the top of the chain for a reason........not sitting around doing nothing. We are now............chain is getting a bit longer...........so it goes. Can't stay on top forever. Many have tried.

Old 06-19-2014, 03:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Versatile View Post
So who doesn't want to build refineries and shut down perfectly good refineries to drive prices up?

BIG OIL!
Oh hell you will be screaming BIG WIND if you take out the evil oil companies. So funny it's all lost in the equation.

Old 06-19-2014, 03:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by remoddahouse View Post
Add in about 300k people dead in Iraq. Which Hussein wasn't a nice guy, it would take him a while to line up that type of death toll.

As for all of the partisans whining about liberals here, George HW Bush had the chance to take the country and his advisers explained that it would lead to an absolute mess and so they didn't do it. He wasn't a Democrat.
Who killed all those folks? Who killed em prior? Same guys. Your Bush BS is so far gone.........you don't even realize................scream though.......all some do.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies