Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-20-2014, 04:40 PM

44,953 posts, read 59,942,524 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeywrenching View Post
Congress can do that, not the ACS and only done by congress once every 10 years, not each and every year.

The ACS is authorized by Congress as part of the Census. Necessary and proper. Read the language of the clause again.
Quick reply to this message

Old 01-20-2014, 04:43 PM

15,083 posts, read 20,402,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickerman View Post
I received a survey questionnaire from the American Community Survey of the Census Bureau. On the envelope it was written in bold that my response was required by law. Has anyone else received such an envelope from the Census Bureau? Giving out personal information in these times of government snooping and people snooping into each others affairs etc. kind of makes me hesitant to fill out the questionnaire. What would you do?
I completed one of those forms a few years ago. It was no big deal.

[i just didn't tell them about the illegal aliens living in the house]

Old 01-20-2014, 04:48 PM

25,619 posts, read 36,520,881 times
You've got my tax return, now **** Off.

Old 01-20-2014, 04:52 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,155,108 times
Quote:
I received a survey questionnaire from the American Community Survey of the Census Bureau. On the envelope it was written in bold that my response was required by law. Has anyone else received such an envelope from the Census Bureau? Giving out personal information in these times of government snooping and people snooping into each others affairs etc. kind of makes me hesitant to fill out the questionnaire. What would you do?
I'd send it back blank with a note saying the NSA has all your info and to check with them.

Old 01-20-2014, 04:55 PM

13,887 posts, read 13,611,330 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by North Beach Person View Post
Until the utility asks for a rate increase and opponents can access, using the ACS, average costs for the rate payers.

Or the local hospital sees an increase in geriatric patients and requests authorization to expand services.

Or the sewer authority sees a spike in usage which necessitates asking for a Block Grant to help defray the cost of plant expansion.
You: FAIL.

They can get that info from the provider. It's definitely NOT EVER coming from me.

Old 01-20-2014, 04:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Cooper View Post
You: FAIL.

They can get that info from the provider. It's definitely NOT EVER coming from me.
Actually no I don't. The ACS is what all the entities I named use for information. For one reason or another they don't trust the provider numbers.

You don't much know how government works, do you?

Old 01-20-2014, 05:01 PM

13,887 posts, read 13,611,330 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by North Beach Person View Post
Actually no I don't. The ACS is what all the entities I named use for information. For one reason or another they don't trust the provider numbers.

You don't much know how government works, do you?
Oh, believe me, I know exactly how the government works. That's why they'll never get anything from me.

And you might as well stop arguing like a little child. My answer is final.

Old 01-20-2014, 05:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Cooper View Post
Oh, believe me, I know exactly how the government works. That's why they'll never get anything from me.

And you might as well stop arguing like a little child. My answer is final.
Ok. You believe what you want and we'll see you at the next meeting bitching about your new sewer bill because your welfare collecting ass was "afraid" to fill out a form.

Old 01-20-2014, 05:13 PM

68,279 posts, read 54,042,790 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Littlelu View Post
They came to my house twice. The second time I decided to end this harassment so I told her thru the door that we would
not be filling it out. They never contacted me again by phone or otherwise. I live alone and it was just asking for way too much information! We are advised not to give any personal information online, why do they think we should change and give it to someone at the door, census or not?
Be afraid!

Be very afraid!

NOW you're on the poopy list!

Old 01-20-2014, 05:19 PM

23,478 posts, read 23,816,562 times
Quote:
Did you sign for it? Mail gets lost all the time...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies