Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-24-2014, 02:37 PM

7,846 posts, read 6,403,886 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeexplorer View Post
Who are "we?"

Half of this country don't pay any income tax while the top 1% shoulder the majority.

If you say we are all paying for it, then everybody should be paying the exactly same amount!
Income tax is only one piece of the puzzle. Please don't tell me you trust the 1%

Now, don't tell me the falling tax rates for the wealthy had nothing to do with this:

or this:

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-24-2014, 02:39 PM

7,846 posts, read 6,403,886 times
I'm glad Obama is in office.

I don't trust Republican politicians with a potato gun.

Their policy solution to everything is "cut taxes on the rich, relax all regulations."

Clearly, that hasn't worked (evidenced by the pretty graphs above).

Old 02-24-2014, 03:23 PM

4,373 posts, read 3,228,194 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoD Guy View Post
Libs hate this country more than they love their kids, that's what I've seen.
Odd because I've seen Republicans and Conservatives alike hate Americans unless they're in the womb or white, male, and super religious.

Old 02-24-2014, 03:26 PM

12,262 posts, read 24,457,538 times
I am not a liberal but he has done good things and should get acknowledged for that. One of them is his support for the TPP.

Old 02-24-2014, 03:30 PM

27,307 posts, read 16,218,061 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ErikBEggs View Post
I'm glad Obama is in office.

I don't trust Republican politicians with a potato gun.

Their policy solution to everything is "cut taxes on the rich, relax all regulations."

Clearly, that hasn't worked (evidenced by the pretty graphs above).
That tired old line. Tax cuts for the rich. Once again, for the clearly uneducated among us, everybody got a tax break commensurate with what they earned.

Old 02-25-2014, 12:44 AM

1,199 posts, read 734,485 times
Let's see. My friend had her premium drop by 300 a month due to the aca and for better coverage, all with out receiving a subsidy. Another friend left his corporate job for a start up that pays better and has more potential for growth because he could get insurance with out being denied due to being born with a very minor genetic condition that has no effect on his general health, also with out receiving a subsidy.. Oh and I received surgery and radiation therapy and my quality of life was salvaged or else I would have ended paralyzed with out the ACA. So yeah, Obama isn't what I expected when I voted for him in 2008. But me and my friends lives have changed for the better thanks to the ACA and Obama.

Old 02-25-2014, 04:52 AM

8,276 posts, read 12,857,391 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clark Park View Post
Speaking strictly for myself:

1. Through his "Making Homes Affordable" program I was able to re-finance my home because I was laid off during Mr. Bush's Great Recession in early 2008. Through this program I managed to keep the home. Because I strictly complied with the rules my actual interest rate on my mortgage was dropped (just a little bit) and the bank is crediting me bonus incentives for making my mortgage payments on time.

2. Law Enforcement programs supported by the administration have cause a significant drop in crime here in Philadelphia, New York, and in many cities across the country. My city has been safer and statistics reveal a 40 year low in most crimes.

3. The support for the equal rights and dignity of the LGBT Community has been wonderful. The last several years has been a glorious triumph of supporters (like me) of gay rights and advanced the cause of civil rights and marriage equality for the LGBT community.

4. The capture and death of bin Laden happened under his watch - not that I give him any credit for it personally - still ... it happened under his watch.

5. Although I had insurance through my employer - I was not technically one of the uninsured needing a policy under the ACA - I was able to drop the cr-ppy policy my company provided and get a much better policy with a different insurance company that was not only better BUT CHEAPER!!! Because I had a pre-existing medical condition, this very company had denied me coverage before Obamacare took effect, as did others. The Affordable Care Act (ACA) does have problems with it and I don't want to come off as praising it to the skies, but for me it worked.

6. In my city there is a building boom going on. Just within a square mile of my house several highrises are going up - equaling an astonishing 3.5 Billion dollars of new construction. On top of that new skyscraper of around 1100 feet is going to built that is going to be the tallest building outside NYC and Chicago downtown. If that isn't indicative of an improving economy I don't know what is.
Wow bet they hated to see reality .

And you didn't mention drawing wars to an end
rescuing the housing market
pumping life into the auto industry
elimination of DADT
reducing of our spending
improve the economy without the help of the right.

The list is long, but you have to look. When you have a group of the mindless that watch the talking points of Faux they will never see reality. Not sure why they actually ask such a question when they really won't hear the answers. The Glass will ALWAYS be 1/2 empty for the right.

Old 02-25-2014, 06:47 AM

30,063 posts, read 18,660,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Kept Romney and McCain out of the White House.

That's Rushmore stuff by itself.

BTW...don't you guys get tired of creating the same old threads?

Intersting how the libs cannot note positive policies of Obama (as there are very few), but engage in diversion and speculation.

What we DO KNOW is that Obama has been the worst president in US history- hands down. No degree of deflection or rationalization can dismiss that fact. He has delivered economic misery and a lower standard of living to the balance of the nation, while encroaching on the individual liberties of citizens.

Old 02-25-2014, 11:29 PM

38,643 posts, read 26,371,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by adiosToreador View Post
Odd because I've seen Republicans and Conservatives alike hate Americans unless they're in the womb or white, male, and super religious.

"Hate"?

Really?

Please provide examples of "hate".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies