Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-18-2014, 06:48 PM

8,017 posts, read 5,853,160 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by iNviNciBL3 View Post

Seems like some people have a little unhealthy obsession, even posters on here.

What is the deal? even liberals didnt cry this much when Bush was presidient.

and i'm a Conservative so don't go calling me some liberal.

I'm a registered Independent, and wouldn't dream of putting ANY bumper sticker on my car (though I do have a "Controlled Labs" sticker on the rear door window glass, but that is FAR better than any political sticker). I have to admit, I'm a fan of the "MORON" sticker using that stupid Obama logo, as well as the "Obama Scoreboard" sticker.

If anything, when I'm behind another car, I would rather read political commentary than see political advertisement. The "make your own" bumper sticker sites have yielded a few gems. I was behind this the other day:

"It's A Shame Obama's Mom Wasn't A Lesbian"

Old 01-18-2014, 07:13 PM

17,441 posts, read 9,261,206 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rush99 View Post
obsession goes both ways! a lot of Obama supporters cried when he got elected. my God, I would never cry for a politician in my life.
I didn't vote for Obama in 2008 or in 2012. I didn't vote for him because of his lack of experience, his history of radicalism and his advisors. I couldn't find a single thing that qualified Obama to be President of the USA - the creeping comments FROM the O-Camp about Racism if you don't support him ...... worried me a lot. I was very concerned that if this was to be his path - calling those who disagreed with him "racists" - it would be not only horrible for this country, but take giant steps into the past that people like me fought against and marched against. My worst fears were confirmed - I was really shocked that this country re-elected a man that had both "failed" and sent us backward.

All that said - I also shed tears of emotion when he appeared in Grant Park after it was a sure thing he won in 2008. I guess it's an 'age thing' - those of us who grew up in the 50's & 60's and worked so hard to stop the discrimination against our Black citizens ... we knew we made progress, but most of us never once thought we would live to see the day that a Black man became the President of the United States. I couldn't help but get very emotional about such a momentous thing. I put aside my doubts about his competency and hoped he had more in him than I had been able to discover. I cried, and I guess they were tears of a type of Joy that we had evolved to this point.

I will NEVER forgive him for squandering it, and setting us back decades. History will not be kind to Barack Obama.
That's nothing to celebrate - that is a Tragedy. What an abysmal waste.
It's incomprehensible for a man who is so touted as being 'brilliant' to have been such a failure.
Historians will study it for years, the rest of us will suffer the consequences.

Old 01-18-2014, 07:27 PM

18,258 posts, read 22,522,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rush99 View Post
obsession goes both ways! a lot of Obama supporters cried when he got elected. my God, I would never cry for a politician in my life.
And Romney supporters cried when he WASN'T elected.

Old 01-18-2014, 07:29 PM

2,234 posts, read 1,758,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kibby View Post
I didn't vote for Obama in 2008 or in 2012. I didn't vote for him because of his lack of experience, his history of radicalism and his advisors. I couldn't find a single thing that qualified Obama to be President of the USA - the creeping comments FROM the O-Camp about Racism if you don't support him ...... worried me a lot. I was very concerned that if this was to be his path - calling those who disagreed with him "racists" - it would be not only horrible for this country, but take giant steps into the past that people like me fought against and marched against. My worst fears were confirmed - I was really shocked that this country re-elected a man that had both "failed" and sent us backward.

All that said - I also shed tears of emotion when he appeared in Grant Park after it was a sure thing he won in 2008. I guess it's an 'age thing' - those of us who grew up in the 50's & 60's and worked so hard to stop the discrimination against our Black citizens ... we knew we made progress, but most of us never once thought we would live to see the day that a Black man became the President of the United States. I couldn't help but get very emotional about such a momentous thing. I put aside my doubts about his competency and hoped he had more in him than I had been able to discover. I cried, and I guess they were tears of a type of Joy that we had evolved to this point.

I will NEVER forgive him for squandering it, and setting us back decades. History will not be kind to Barack Obama.
It's incomprehensible for a man who is so touted as being 'brilliant' to have been such a failure.
Historians will study it for years, the rest of us will suffer the consequences.
Although off topic, he was more qualified and had more political experiences than many past Republican presidents. Obama isn't playing the race card; Liberals are playing the races, gender, and now, the sexual orientation card. They would have done this regardless of who's in office. It's how they get minorities to vote for them.. I believe that history won't betray him as the best president ever, but he will be far from portrayed as the evil sadistic man some of you believe him to be. His policies are Liberal policies that would have been pushed no matter what Liberal was in office. Those same policies would have still be supported by half the country. I agree that these policies are setting America back, but you're giving Obama too much credit.

Old 01-18-2014, 07:30 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,161,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
Arizona...not surprised...at all.
Funny thing is the stickers came with the license plate. I believe every back end of a car in Arizona looks like this.

Old 01-18-2014, 07:31 PM

9,828 posts, read 9,409,015 times
Bush deserves all the hate he gets--arguably the worst president in history. Everything he touched turned to crap.

keep in mind that Bush was getting 90% approval ratings at one point in his presidency, near universal support. Think righties would ever support our current president in that manner?

Old 01-18-2014, 07:31 PM

26,468 posts, read 15,053,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iNviNciBL3 View Post

Seems like some people have a little unhealthy obsession, even posters on here.

What is the deal? even liberals didnt cry this much when Bush was presidient.

and i'm a Conservative so don't go calling me some liberal.
That truck is way over the top. But, it is protected speech.

I think you must have been out of the country if you don't think some liberals bashed Bush as much as that truck is bashing Obama. Funny thing is, now liberals applaud Obama for doing the same policies.

Old 01-18-2014, 07:32 PM

9,828 posts, read 9,409,015 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kibby View Post

Obvious right-winger is obvious.

If you shed tears, I'm Mickey Mouse.

Old 01-18-2014, 07:34 PM

26,468 posts, read 15,053,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RaymondChandlerLives View Post
Bush deserves all the hate he gets--arguably the worst president in history. Everything he touched turned to crap.

It wasn't as agenda-driven as the right-wing's instant hate of Obama-keep in mind that Bush was getting 90% approval ratings at one point in his presidency, near universal support. Right-wingers? Obama and Putin get into a row and right-wingers defend PUTIN. Not comparable.
Bush got 90% approval ratings because of the 9-11 tragedy.

Obama has a stronger base that refuses to leave him, unlike Bush. This is surprising as Obama out Bushes Bush on most issues that liberals through a tizzy over.

Old 01-18-2014, 07:39 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,161,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmoon View Post
Bush got 90% approval ratings because of the 9-11 tragedy.

Obama has a stronger base that refuses to leave him, unlike Bush. This is surprising as Obama out Bushes Bush on most issues that liberals through a tizzy over.
Since when did right wingers start hating Bush?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies