U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-21-2014, 04:04 PM

3,548 posts, read 2,376,245 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by northnut View Post
Lol, talk about becoming unhinged. You simply cannot be taken seriously if you try to equate Hitler with any administration of today. And it's always the cons....says a lot about their declining state of mind.
pre Hitler Germany was considered to be the most "enlightened" and "cultured" country of it's time. I would have told people in 1932 what would happen 10 years later I would have been met with a similar naive comment to your "brilliance".

In fact many people said the same thing in mid 1944.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-21-2014, 04:09 PM

41,801 posts, read 26,092,922 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
Let New York do without the money of conservatives then. Sean Hannity has said he is leaving as soon as he can sell his home. Glenn Beck left, and so did Rush Limbaugh.

I wonder what New York will be like when it is only inhabited by blood sucking liberals? Maybe a lot like California?
Yes. But colder.

A very good read:
Andrew Cuomo silences the opposition - The Washington Post

Old 01-21-2014, 04:15 PM

1,391 posts, read 1,162,121 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arctichomesteader View Post
We have a president who believes he has the right to have any citizen executed on his word without trial (just classify them as a "terrorist"). We have a government that spies on its citizens, an admin. that uses various parts of the government to target political opponents. Just a few examples. Give him enough time and I have no doubt he'll rival historical tyrants.
Give him enough time? How much exactly because he'll be out of office in three years? Or are you one of those weirdos that thinks he'll stay in office after 2017? Like the idiots that thought Bush would.
Get a grip dude.

Old 01-21-2014, 04:36 PM

19,894 posts, read 17,488,119 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadking2003 View Post
They are not. They are the least open minded and tolerant of all groups. They are the ones who want to tell others how to live their lives.

And are an extreme example of being the least open minded and non tolerant. Of anyone who thinks and has a opinion different from there own.

They can say what they want, but we all know they are full of it, in Italian we have a name for that!

Ciao La Dolce Vita!

Old 01-21-2014, 04:43 PM

10,569 posts, read 14,834,793 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
Let New York do without the money of conservatives then. Sean Hannity has said he is leaving as soon as he can sell his home. Glenn Beck left, and so did Rush Limbaugh.

I wonder what New York will be like when it is only inhabited by blood sucking liberals? Maybe a lot like California?
It's already in the plan via Kurt Russell.

"Escape from New York". Once liberals are left, build up a wall and left them have the place...

Old 01-21-2014, 04:50 PM

1,391 posts, read 1,162,121 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by california-jewel View Post
And are an extreme example of being the least open minded and non tolerant. Of anyone who thinks and has a opinion different from there own.

They can say what they want, but we all know they are full of it, in Italian we have a name for that!

Ciao La Dolce Vita!
Yea; you and your crowd are just the loveliest, most tolerant, most open minded, and welcoming to everyone and anyone types out there.

Old 01-21-2014, 05:01 PM

19,315 posts, read 14,163,809 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by northnut View Post
Lol, talk about becoming unhinged. You simply cannot be taken seriously if you try to equate Hitler with any administration of today. And it's always the cons....says a lot about their declining state of mind.
I agree that using ludicrous equating of current American politicians or political groups to evil, murderous regimes or leaders is unhinged. So, just a gentle reminder .... American Taliban .... It's not always the cons.

Old 01-21-2014, 06:25 PM

3,391 posts, read 4,203,551 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quietobserver View Post
So you really think you have a strong argument in asking when pro-choice people last killed someone?
Yes, I do. I have another one, too.

About 1/4 of all pregnancies in the US are terminated. What plan does the pro-life crowd have for feeding, housing, educating, providing health care and eventual employment to the millions of additional human beings who would be born each year in the wake of an effective abortion ban? I haven't heard a thing. Until I do...

Old 01-21-2014, 06:59 PM

48,634 posts, read 20,435,914 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by camaro69 View Post
It's already in the plan via Kurt Russell.

"Escape from New York". Once liberals are left, build up a wall and left them have the place...
Please build that wall and see how those conservative states that rely on the income from the economies of NY and CA survive.

Old 01-21-2014, 07:27 PM

28,127 posts, read 20,963,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlassoff View Post
You are 100% correct.

You can certainly be against Obama's policies-- These views should absolutely be tolerated. If you think he's a secret Muslim, black panther half-wit, who got to his position through affirmative action, something else is afoot...
You fail to understand the definition of tolerance. It doesn't mean you have to agree or even like what someone else thinks, but it DOES mean that you tolerate that people will have their own opinions no matter how much you may dislike them.

That is what you can't seem to understand.

I don't like racists one little bit, but I understand that they have their own opinions, and in this country, they are allowed to have those opinions. That part is what you seem to be missing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies