U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-21-2014, 08:15 PM

13 posts, read 10,821 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RogersParkGuy View Post
Yes, I do. I have another one, too.

About 1/4 of all pregnancies in the US are terminated. What plan does the pro-life crowd have for feeding, housing, educating, providing health care and eventual employment to the millions of additional human beings who would be born each year in the wake of an effective abortion ban? I haven't heard a thing. Until I do...
So murder is ok with you... Now we are just negotiating the specifics?
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-21-2014, 08:28 PM

9,781 posts, read 18,874,930 times
What an upside down world, where good is bad, and evil is good. Just because some people happen to believe that women shouldn't brutally kill their own babies, even if they keep those opinions to themselves, they're called all sorts of nasty names and libelled...if this is 'progress' get me off this planet.

Old 01-21-2014, 08:32 PM
NCN

21,149 posts, read 24,003,889 times
News flash for Cuomo: When you put it like that, who would ever want to be in New York?

Old 01-21-2014, 08:35 PM

9,781 posts, read 18,874,930 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlassoff View Post
No.

I said that racist and homophobic views don't deserve tolerance, because they are-- by definition-- intolerant. It's really not hard to understand.
I think attacking folks who think killing babies is wrong is disgraceful, especially the types who falsely accuse them of being anti-women...intolerance of compassion, is what I call it.

Old 01-21-2014, 09:05 PM

1,634 posts, read 1,143,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FloridaPirate355 View Post
I always am baffled at why liberals claim to be such open minded and tolerant people, but yet if you disagree with their political views you are somehow a bad person and have no place in society. It's not very tolerant or open minded at all in reality.
It's because, in liberal speak, "having an open mind" really means "think what I think".

Old 01-21-2014, 09:21 PM

3,391 posts, read 4,203,551 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quietobserver View Post
So murder is ok with you... Now we are just negotiating the specifics?
Murder is what your side does, not mine. Unless you want to equate a mass of cells with no self-awareness to a fully conscious, self-aware human being. Which, I guess you do...

Old 01-21-2014, 09:43 PM

9,986 posts, read 12,945,870 times
Seems like a silly thing to say for a potential presidential candidate.

Old 01-21-2014, 09:59 PM

48,503 posts, read 91,912,647 times
All politicians are a bump in the road has American history goes and he barely a pebble really.

Old 01-22-2014, 05:34 AM

13 posts, read 10,821 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RogersParkGuy View Post
Murder is what your side does, not mine. Unless you want to equate a mass of cells with no self-awareness to a fully conscious, self-aware human being. Which, I guess you do...
Your point is grounded deeply in your opinion with very little fact to support your belief. But since discussion is about Cuomo's statements that those with dissenting opinions have no place in NYS and not your belief on when life begins it isn't the right forum to go into it deeply. But if you would like to start another thread we can debate that topic. Unless of course you believe that those with views that disagree with you are too extreme and have no place on city-data. I have to verify that as the governor here already believes they don't have a place in NYS.

Old 01-22-2014, 07:57 AM

17,474 posts, read 12,135,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by northnut View Post
Lol, talk about becoming unhinged. You simply cannot be taken seriously if you try to equate Hitler with any administration of today. And it's always the cons....says a lot about their declining state of mind.
For your viewing pleasure:A shorty History of Liberals Using the Nazi Card
Krugman’s book cover also carries an image of President Bush with Frankenstein-like stitches across his mouth and the word “Enron” dripped in oil across his forehead. Putting aside the lies which the book is obviously filled with, the shear hatred expressed on just the cover of this book is a classic example of all the political left has remaining. Hatred and lies!

During the 2004 presidential campaign, the left-wing website moveon.org, financed by Marxist billionaire George Soros, posted a picture of George Bush wearing a Hitler mustache. This was far from an isolated incident on that website, which is one of the biggest over-users of the “Republicans are Nazis” mantra. In June 2004, Al Gore accused Republicans of working with “rapid response digital Brownshirts.” the usual comparison of Republicans to Nazis. Of course, Al Gore conveniently forgot that his 2000 presidential campaign manager, Donna Brazile, set up a location known as “the slaughter house” where young computer whiz kids just sat at their computers all day, digging up dirt on Republicans in an effort to smear them during the election cycle. (Sean Hannity talk show, Thursday, June 25, 2004)

Unfit_for_CommandWhen liberals had no facts to refute Vietnam Swift Boat veteran John O’Neill’s claim in his book “Unfit For Command” that Democrat presidential nominee John Kerry lied about his “heroic” service in Vietnam, the Left resorted to their usual tactic of discrediting the messenger when Left-wing website Salon.com referred to O’Neill’s book and the Swift Boat vets’ campaign adds as the “Hitler diaries of the 2004 election campaign.” (Announced on The Rush Limbaugh Show, Friday, August 20, 2004) 9. During the 2004 presidential campaign, Bush-hating-left-winger Linda Ronstadt said the Bush administration is a “new bunch of Hitlers.” (USA Today, 11/16/2004)

Ronstadt_MooreThen, after President Bush’s reelection victory in 2004, the lefty singer was at it again when she called the Bush administration “a bunch of new Hitlers.” (Announced on Sean Hannity WABC radio show, Thursday, November 18, 2004)

It should also be noted that Ronstadt is good friends with fellow fatty Michael Moore, whose Fahrenheit 9/11 portrayed Bush as the second coming of Adolf Hitler and the terrorist attacks of 9/11 as his Reichstag. Ronstadt also dedicated the song Desperado to him during a Las Vegas concert at The Aladdin Theater for Performing Arts on July 17, 2004, which didn’t win her any new fans. 10. On Monday, July 8, 2002, Jesse Jackson struck again when he condemned George W. Bush’s political tactics during the 2000 presidential campaign as “Nazi-like” — a reference to false charges that Republican officials in Florida denied Blacks the right to vote. (Newsmax wires, Wednesday, November 10, 2004) 11. calabresi_guidoIn April 2005, a special judicial panel ruled that veteran appellate court judge Guido Calabresi violated ethics rules by likening President Bush to Mussolini and Hitler. Calabresi charged the U.S. Supreme Court handed Bush the disputed 2000 election over Al Gore, and complained about the president’s actions after taking office. “When somebody has come in that way, they sometimes have tried not to exercise much power. In this case, like Mussolini, Bush has exercised extraordinary power,” Calabresi said.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies