U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 01-19-2014, 10:04 AM
 
Location: New London County, CT
8,949 posts, read 11,232,198 times
Reputation: 5141

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by American Heathen View Post
Of course there are worse people than liberals. That doesn't change the fact they are the most hateful and spiteful people in the world.
Lol. That's cute.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 01-19-2014, 10:15 AM
 
Location: The land where cats rule
10,946 posts, read 8,986,626 times
Reputation: 3602
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlassoff View Post
Quote:

Are you my enemy? Can I not use a nicety? Would you have been happier with
"Hey A*****e!"?
So in your liberal world one is either a friend or an enemy, no middle ground? How tolerant of you.

In point of fact, to me you are meaningless. I merely dispute your claims of tolerance based on what you post.
Quote:


Lol. I'm far from innocent.


And no, I never said anything you are claiming I said.


It's really hard to have an honest debate when someone dishonestly interprets
what you say. And yes, many claim that their racisim is about politics-- or
religion.
I don't recall anyone claiming you to be innocent. Only you trying to change the direction of this thread. Fail.

You should really read your post prior to posting them before claiming to have not stated or insinuated what you did or did not say.

And yes, it is hard to have a debate with someone who claims that only he can be correct on the subject and provides only his own interpretation of his claims as proof of his stance. Your use of "many" and vague references to others to me provides the proof that you speak only for yourself, without any actual knowledge or authority.


Quote:

I glad you think I am an entire liberal think tank. That's a compliment when
I am sitting here in my living room with a cat.
Claims of grandeur again. Or lack of reading comprehension. I said you appear to be a MEMBER of a liberal think tank. And it is not a compliment.

Perhaps you should consult you cat before posting.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-19-2014, 10:29 AM
 
Location: New London County, CT
8,949 posts, read 11,232,198 times
Reputation: 5141
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arjay51 View Post
In point of fact, to me you are meaningless.
I guess when you say this you underline the absolute bottom level of this debate. I believe that everyone has value and meaning. That's why we need the social support system we have (although it needs reform), that's why we need to be tolerant of those different then ourselves, and that's why we need to consider the community as well as ourselves in our decisions.

It's much more complex for liberals, whom I believe, think everyone has meaning.

Good luck, friend.

Didn't even need to consult my cat on that one.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-19-2014, 10:31 AM
 
Location: Maryland
7,299 posts, read 5,643,617 times
Reputation: 9055
I live in New York, am pro-gun/anti abortion and there isn't a damn thing this greasy bastard can do about it.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-19-2014, 10:44 AM
 
Location: texas
9,127 posts, read 7,466,654 times
Reputation: 2382
Quote:
Originally Posted by shiftymh View Post
I live in New York, am pro-gun/anti abortion and there isn't a damn thing this greasy bastard can do about it.

Who, greasy or otherwise, has asked you to move? Who said they wanted to do anything about you living in New York?

The boggeyman, Bigfoot, The Lockness monster? Id be pissed too if Bigfoot asked me to leave my state.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-19-2014, 10:46 AM
 
Location: Just over the horizon
15,633 posts, read 5,186,115 times
Reputation: 9582
Quote:
Originally Posted by FKD19124 View Post
more tolerance of different views from the left.
Governor Cuomo just proved the double standard that the left follows "our views are the only legit ones".

oh and one more thing. Cuomo is RICH and WHITE. I guess because he is a liberal makes
that ok.

Andrew Cuomo: Pro-Life People "Have No Place in the State of New York" | LifeNews.com
Don't worry Governor , New York State's ultra liberal policies have already driven many Conservatives from the state, including me.
That's why NYS has among the highest taxes and unemployment in the country.
It's why upstate is fast becoming a bunch of ghost towns with dwindling populations and crumbling infrastructure.

I love NY but until the state turns itself around politically my tax dollars will be going to a more business friendly state.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-19-2014, 10:50 AM
 
Location: New London County, CT
8,949 posts, read 11,232,198 times
Reputation: 5141
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dooleys1300 View Post
Don't worry Governor , New York State's ultra liberal policies have already driven many Conservatives from the state, including me.
That's why NYS has among the highest taxes and unemployment in the country.
It's why upstate is fast becoming a bunch of ghost towns with dwindling populations and crumbling infrastructure.

I love NY but until the state turns itself around politically my tax dollars will be going to a more business friendly state.
NY Population:

2012: 19,570,261
2011: 19,465,197
2010: 19,378,104

Another fact-challenged Conservative, I guess.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-19-2014, 10:53 AM
 
Location: Just over the horizon
15,633 posts, read 5,186,115 times
Reputation: 9582
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlassoff View Post
If this is what the governor said he's off base here. (Without a direct quote here-- It doesn't appear he said this at all and this whole thread is predicated on a lie.) There are certainly two valid viewpoints on abortion. I remain pro-choice, but, understand there is another side here.

When it comes to tolerance, however, there isn't another side to equality...

Racist views, don't deserve tolerance... Homophobic views don't deserve tolerance... I often see arch-conservatives complaining that their views aren't getting "tolerance" after they say something wildly racist or homophobic...
And how convenient it is that only Liberals get to define what constitutes racism or homophobia.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-19-2014, 10:56 AM
 
Location: NJ
19,970 posts, read 14,361,496 times
Reputation: 14132
Couldn't see that coming!

This was the same NY attorney general who threatened the AIG folks who recieved a bonus with releasing their name so that the public could take matters into their own hands. Imagine an officer of the law threatening someone who was handed a bonus by rousing the hordes and inflaming their ire!!!!!! Yep, a shoe in for gov of NY.

AC is a lowlife. After that US AG is done with CC he will have a great time looking into AC.

Don't be surprised if NY splits into two states as the NYC crowd trumps the rest of the state in elections.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-19-2014, 11:00 AM
 
Location: Geneva, IL
12,977 posts, read 13,585,785 times
Reputation: 14843
Perhaps knowing what he actually said would help? Then again, probably not. Carry on.

Quote:
The context of Cuomo’s statement is what he sees as a schism between moderate
and “extreme conservative” Republicans in New York state and around the
country:

“Who are they? Are they these extreme conservatives who are right-to-life, pro-assault-weapon, anti-gay? Is that who they are? Because if that’s who they are and if they are the extreme conservatives, they have no place in the state of New York, because that’s not who New Yorkers are.”

Cuomo added that “moderate Republicans have a place in this state” and noted that he can work with moderate Republicans, as they’ve consistently passed his agenda. Cuomo also broke down more of his main issues with so-called “extreme” conservatives, urging them to “figure out if your extreme conservative philosophy can survive in this state and the answer is no.”
Extreme Conservative Philosophy Can't Survive In New York
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Similar Threads

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 03:43 PM.

© 2005-2022, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top