Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-29-2014, 01:25 PM

16,545 posts, read 13,451,300 times

Advertisements

Why are Lefties so damn clueless about the facts? Too many, if not all Lefties here said Cuomo never said this:

Quote:
The Republican Party candidates are running against the SAFE Act — it was voted for by moderate Republicans who run the Senate! Their problem is not me and the Democrats; their problem is themselves. Who are they? Are they these extreme conservatives who are right-to-life, pro-assault-weapon, anti-gay? Is that who they are? Because if that’s who they are and they’re the extreme conservatives, they have no place in the state of New York, because that’s not who New Yorkers are.
Gov. Andrew Cuomo says gun-loving pro-lifers not welcome in New York, right explodes | The Raw Story
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-29-2014, 01:37 PM

2,122 posts, read 2,421,204 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmqueen View Post
I said "cons often" as my way of avoiding a sweeping generalization. If that offends you, I will restate.

"Some cons make stuff up."

Better?

And of course there's plenty of hypocrisy to go around. Personally I try to quote specifics and not make stuff up. This board is filled with it from both sides, but since there are far fewer liberals here, it's most noticeable among the cons.

And you went right along and confirmed it. Don't any of you people ever try to actually understand what liberals want, instead of making it up? "Statists." "Nanny statists." "Liberal freaks." "Communists." "Leeches."

If I had time I could pull together a swell list of assumed traits that all liberals allegedly share, just from today's posts. But what's the point? The very next post after mine will be someone swearing something is true about liberals because "I'd bet good money." Nothing ever changes on this forum.

Oh hell. I didn't even have to leave this page.

Golly. All extreme conservatives are such paragons of virtue.

Not.

Dude, "liberals" make stuff up all the time. This forum would explode if I tried to list all of the incorrect "facts" bloomberg, cuomo, Obama, feinstein, etc say in their gun control dribble.

And what exactly did I "make up"? The fact that the left is more sympathetic toward muslim tolerance is not exactly breaking news. Nor do I care if they are, my issue is that the large majority of the left have no problem bashing the heck out of religions associated with the right.

Look at the ridiculous over reaction with the Duck Dynasty guy. Now, to preface this, I am not religious and I'm pro gay marriage (yeah, one of THOSE conservatives). His comments regarding homosexuality (which I find repulsive) are pretty much straight out of the bible. Fast forward. National uproar. Now, if he were a Muslim quoting the Koran, everyone would be screaming "tolerance" and "different culture" and "xenophobia". Personally, and dare I say objectively, both are disgusting displays of human acceptance.

You hear the left decry "Don't judge all illegal immigrants on the actions of only a few gang members" then they turn around and label me and all gun owners "Psychos" because of the actions of a few CRIMINALS kill each other over crack and gang turf or because of a sociopath that slaughters children. Not exactly "fair" by my definition.

Look, you are a "liberal" (?) and I am a "conservative". We are going to have fundamental differences in what we believe our society should be like. But if libs and cons could just shut up and agree on issues that they are hypocritical about (which is a lot) we would be singing kumbaya in no time.(ie. "freedom" means freedom--gays can get married, people can smoke pot or "not judging all based on a few" means just that, and we don't take or ban peoples legal property over the actions of a sadistic creepy fukcs.etc, etc, etc)

Old 01-29-2014, 04:08 PM

2,962 posts, read 3,530,774 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SourD View Post
Why are Lefties so damn clueless about the facts? Too many, if not all Lefties here said Cuomo never said this:

Gov. Andrew Cuomo says gun-loving pro-lifers not welcome in New York, right explodes | The Raw Story
Facts go against the liberal agenda.

Old 01-29-2014, 04:20 PM

57,269 posts, read 26,199,434 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SourD View Post

Thanks for posting the actual statement no one has indicated otherwise, the title of this thread is incorrect and that is a fact.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies