Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-24-2014, 12:10 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,171,483 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeexplorer View Post
I have really hard time following your thought process.

If you don't want to make other people richer, then don't work them. Even with your "independent contractor" status, you are making rich people richer. If you truly stand by your words, do your work for free, jack up your price or drop all your clients; otherwise you are making other people richer!!!

Secondly, every employer is "taking advantage of" every employee. That's how profit is being generated. If you don't like that, then move to North Korea when communism or true liberalism is still being practiced. Why live here and let employers exploit you?
I have no problem with people making more money, I have a problem with employers taking money from their lowest paid employees to increase their own profits, that is called exploitation.

Old 01-24-2014, 12:15 PM

13,955 posts, read 5,621,810 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeexplorer View Post
Thirdly, even if employers want to take advantage by dropping wage, who says people would take their offers? If there are takers, who the hell are you to tell them, the employees, they shouldn't take the jobs they want???
In urbanlife78's worldview, all employers collude with each to exploit their workers, and none of them compete for either market share or the best employees. They all sit atop piles of gold, twirling their mustaches, cackling at how they exploit the working man.

Now mind you, I am in my 4th different industry in my software career that has spanned startups, small, midsize and even global companies, and have never seen any evidence of this exploitation anywhere, but then again, since this is the Internet, urbanlife78 says nothing that disagrees with his worldview is true.

Everyone else who is willing to believe their own eyes and experiences knows it's nonsense, that very few people actually make the minimum wage, and those that do are doing by choice and are being paid properly for the value of their work. But we all accept the reality around us, where urbanlife78 clearly does not.

Old 01-24-2014, 12:34 PM

26,694 posts, read 14,561,042 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
I have no problem with people making more money, I have a problem with employers taking money from their lowest paid employees to increase their own profits, that is called exploitation.
So only the lowest paid people are of concern???

When do we draw the line then? $10? $10.01? $10.02?

Also what if the employees agree to the pay?

Old 01-24-2014, 12:40 PM

5,915 posts, read 4,812,128 times
Quote:
Employers often risk their own money. Employees can always leave.

Old 01-24-2014, 12:41 PM

Quote:
The employer takes nothing from their lowest paid employee. What the lowest paid employee receives in compensation was agreed to by that employee in exchange for doing work.

The same holds true in reverse. The employee's compensation is not taking anything from the employer. What the employer pays the employee was agreed to by that employer in exchange for the employee's work.

Neither side "takes" from the other, because both are in the exchange of their own free will, and have agreed to mutually beneficial terms according to their own rational self-interests.

Old 01-24-2014, 12:45 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,096,009 times
Quote:
Oh thats priceless...

now employers take money from their employees..

Last edited by Ibginnie; 01-24-2014 at 01:19 PM.. Reason: rude

Old 01-24-2014, 12:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volobjectitarian View Post
In urbanlife78's worldview, all employers collude with each to exploit their workers, and none of them compete for either market share or the best employees. They all sit atop piles of gold, twirling their mustaches, cackling at how they exploit the working man.

Now mind you, I am in my 4th different industry in my software career that has spanned startups, small, midsize and even global companies, and have never seen any evidence of this exploitation anywhere, but then again, since this is the Internet, urbanlife78 says nothing that disagrees with his worldview is true.

Everyone else who is willing to believe their own eyes and experiences knows it's nonsense, that very few people actually make the minimum wage, and those that do are doing by choice and are being paid properly for the value of their work. But we all accept the reality around us, where urbanlife78 clearly does not.
I just base my opinions on history, I have no interest in seeing this country repeat it's history.

Old 01-24-2014, 12:51 PM

Quote:
I just base my opinions on history, I have no interest in seeing this country repeat it's history.
What history would that be?

Old 01-24-2014, 12:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volobjectitarian View Post
What history would that be?
I have no interest in teaching you much like you have no interest in learning. You are welcome to research the history of private industry in the US from the workers' perspective. If you like I could potentially suggest books that go deeper into this topic for you to read.

Old 01-24-2014, 12:55 PM

17,400 posts, read 11,972,033 times
Quote:
Ah, the liberal mindset. No employer TAKES anything from their employee. The employer agree to pay them a certain wage, and the employee works there or doesn't.

I love that liberals have no problem at all with the entity that truly IS taking from folks - the government. Always with their hand in our pockets, literally TAKING our money from us.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies