Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-22-2014, 02:31 PM

23,856 posts, read 24,091,732 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mircea View Post
I call total BS.

Why don't you explain how much it costs to pay $3.00?

Calling...

Mircea
It'd be an additional cost in the neighborhood of $6,000 per year, per 30hr/wk employee.

But all business owners are greedy, rich Republicans, so they can afford it.

Old 01-22-2014, 02:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
Those who have claimed that raising minimum wage has any major effect on inflation are the ones claiming this.
LIE!

NOBODY, repeat NOBODY has claimed that minimum wage is the sole driver of inflation. NOBODY.

Come on, urban. Stop lying. You're better than that.

Old 01-22-2014, 02:35 PM

12,282 posts, read 13,232,358 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dooleys1300 View Post
So tell me.... how do you propose to magically make everyone's labor WORTH $10 an hour or more?
He isn't talking about everyone. You are. Sure beginners need to start at the bottom and work. How long do you think a person 50 years old and 25 years experience in a job or two and a college degree be required to accept minimum wages before and upgrade in pay?

Old 01-22-2014, 02:37 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,161,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by swagger View Post
LIE!

NOBODY, repeat NOBODY has claimed that minimum wage is the sole driver of inflation. NOBODY.

Come on, urban. Stop lying. You're better than that.
Then you should ask those that I am talking with about this that claim minimum wage is this major driver of inflation.

Also I never said "sole driver" you did, so it is you who are lying, so stop LYING!

Old 01-22-2014, 03:01 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,081,664 times
Quote:
Those who have claimed that raising minimum wage has any major effect on inflation are the ones claiming this. Anyone who knows a thing about inflation knows that their are many major factors and minimum wage is a minor factor.
So you agree its a factor..

/FAIL

Old 01-22-2014, 03:03 PM

Quote:
It'd be an additional cost in the neighborhood of $6,000 per year, per 30hr/wk employee.

But all business owners are greedy, rich Republicans, so they can afford it.
Which is about the amount of money Target makes per employee..

So lefties, tell me how Target will make money if not raising prices?

And everyone competing against Target currently, will according to lefties, have to shut their doors, even though they are currently operating because, once again, they are failures..

That leaves us with Wal Mart type corporations.. the very same type the lefties whine about shutting down small mom and pop businesses.

Old 01-22-2014, 03:04 PM

Quote:
Then you should ask those that I am talking with about this that claim minimum wage is this major driver of inflation.

Also I never said "sole driver" you did, so it is you who are lying, so stop LYING!
What you've been arguing now for PAGES, is that it wasnt a factor at all..

Old 01-22-2014, 03:20 PM

Quote:
Yeah, you pretty much did.

In a response to lifeexplorer, you wrote:
Quote:
About time you finally admitted that many factors can drive inflation.
I replied, explaining that nobody had ever claimed otherwise, and that earlier in the thread, I had even pointed it out.

You replied:
Quote:
Those who have claimed that raising minimum wage has any major effect on inflation are the ones claiming this.
In other words, yes, you absolutely did say that "those who have claimed..." (whoever "those" are - per your sop, you didn't identify anyone specific) were saying that MW is the sole driver of inflation.

Those are your words, urban. You wrote them, and what you said was quite clear.

I like you, but I'm getting very tired of you flip-flopping around like a dying fish, saying whatever is convenient at the time, with absolutely no regard for the consistency of your position or for various, inconvenient facts.

Old 01-22-2014, 04:03 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,161,783 times
Quote:
Yeah, you pretty much did.

In a response to lifeexplorer, you wrote:

I replied, explaining that nobody had ever claimed otherwise, and that earlier in the thread, I had even pointed it out.

You replied:

In other words, yes, you absolutely did say that "those who have claimed..." (whoever "those" are - per your sop, you didn't identify anyone specific) were saying that MW is the sole driver of inflation.

Those are your words, urban. You wrote them, and what you said was quite clear.

I like you, but I'm getting very tired of you flip-flopping around like a dying fish, saying whatever is convenient at the time, with absolutely no regard for the consistency of your position or for various, inconvenient facts.
So what you are saying is you don't know the difference between "major" and "sole?"

Old 01-22-2014, 04:20 PM

26,694 posts, read 14,555,493 times
Quote:

Nobody said it was a major driver either.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies