Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-20-2014, 12:38 PM

10,581 posts, read 9,782,576 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilt11 View Post
Congrats Wendy. You are now officially a real Democrat. You lied and may have committed perjury. Liberals and the Democrat party certainly welcome you with open arms now.
These liberals are pushing an agenda that most Americans don't want. The only way they have to get it through, is to lie to people about it, lie about themselves, lie about what the opposition does, demonize the opposition, etc. If they were to tell the frank truth, their schemes would be voted down, and they'd probably have been voted out of office, if they were even elected in the first place.

So lying and buiding themselves up, comes as naturally to them as breathing. It's all they can do, and they've been doing it for years.

These latest fibs from Davis, are just more mechanisms she is using to forward her unwanted agenda, just as her accomplices habitually do.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-20-2014, 02:18 PM

5,563 posts, read 4,261,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brentwoodgirl View Post
She lied about when she was divorced so she could build a "single teen mom" narrative as part of her campaign. Kind of like saying you were raised by a "single mom" when you really weren't. Or lying about how your mom died to get healthcare passed. People who are willing to lie about basic family details will be willing to lie about much more, as we have found out the hard way.

We should demand better of politicians on both sides of the aisle.
Yes, being a 21-year-mom makes her so much smarter and better equipped to be a single mom than a 19-year-old mom. I'm sure that's why she lied.

Look, if she were a Republican, you people would be praising her to the skies for raising her children on her own, finding a way to get an education and making something of herself instead of going on welfare and letting the state take care of her kids. You know you would. She's the living example of pulling herself up by her bootstraps, facing her mistakes and overcoming them.

But she's a Democrat, so she's the bad guy.

Last edited by Ibginnie; 01-20-2014 at 02:51 PM.. Reason: flaming

Old 01-20-2014, 02:25 PM

31,290 posts, read 20,737,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmqueen View Post
Yes, being a 21-year-mom makes her so much smarter and better equipped to be a single mom than a 19-year-old mom. I'm sure that's why she lied.
So you have no problem with her lies?

Old 01-20-2014, 02:32 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,191,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmqueen View Post
At 21 she is no longer a single "teen" mom which is why she lied. As you point out, there was no need for her to lie.

Last edited by Ibginnie; 01-20-2014 at 02:51 PM.. Reason: deleted quoted post and reply

Old 01-20-2014, 03:39 PM

57,269 posts, read 26,199,434 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ringwise View Post
She also said she put herself through law school. A lie. And that she did so as a single parent. A lie. And that she lived in a trailer while she had her kids. While technically true, 2 months in transition doesn't make it completely true.

The bigger issue to me is that her ex-husband was awarded custody of her 2 girls, and one wasn't his own child. How bad of a parent WAS she? Or was her career more important than her children? Which would make her whole narrative another lie.
I don't see any specifics in the article other than the fact that she was divorced at 21, only other statements I see are blurring her biography and indicating she may have lied on other things with no specifics, maybe you have a link.

Bigger fish to fry, better to spend their time researching criminal activities by politicians, this is not that. Just appears that some have taken issue with her liberal views in a very conservative state.

Old 01-20-2014, 03:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
I don't see any specifics in the article other than the fact that she was divorced at 21, only other statements I see are blurring her biography and indicating she may have lied on other things with no specifics, maybe you have a link.

Bigger fish to fry, better to spend their time researching criminal activities by politicians, this is not that. Just appears that some have taken issue with her liberal views in a very conservative state.
Never mind the lying eh?

Old 01-20-2014, 05:11 PM

57,269 posts, read 26,199,434 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
Never mind the lying eh?
No I don't like people that lie, not that I accept it but is there a politician that never lied. This is not big game, Charles Rangel, Tom Delay, Duke Cunningham, those are politicians that deserved investigative reporting, this is minutia.

Old 01-20-2014, 05:31 PM

Quote:
No I don't like people that lie, not that I accept it but is there a politician that never lied. This is not big game, Charles Rangel, Tom Delay, Duke Cunningham, those are politicians that deserved investigative reporting, this is minutia.
When one lies about things when the truth is as good if not better it should throw up a red flag.

Old 01-20-2014, 05:45 PM

10,942 posts, read 10,253,192 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Griffis View Post

Of course, to classify this as specifically "another dem" shows the OP to be a myopic, hypocritical partisan hack.
^^This^^

Old 01-20-2014, 05:49 PM

10,942 posts, read 10,253,192 times
Quote:
She incorrectly indicated she was divorced at 21 when it she was actually 19 and she is a brunette rather than a blonde, very important stuff. Inconsistencies by other Texas politicians must pale by comparison, how can we ever trust someone that was off 2 years on her divorce.
lol

I've been divorced twice and I don't think I could tell you my exact ages when each of the divorces were finalized.

Another thread fail. I guess they're not getting enough milege out of the Michelle Obama birthday trashing threads.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies