Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-20-2014, 09:15 PM

31,828 posts, read 14,800,770 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
In which case why the secrecy? Hey if they did no harm no foul. But there is more to a party than just the food.
Your link did not specify who paid for the extras at the party. Additional security, party favors, entertainment etc.
What secrecy? Friends and family celebrated Michelle's birthday. Why should the world be privy to every detail. What party favors did they have? As far as the entertainment goes no one got paid. Entertainers feel it's a privilege to be asked to perform at the White House. This goes for both parties.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-20-2014, 09:17 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,135,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lvoc View Post
What would you like to know? I am sure there was extensive security to keep the President and Family safe. You want them billed for it? You want them to disclose what security was used? The party itself is theirs and they pay for it. By what right do you claim to see those charges?

You believe you have some inherent right to the details of the President's security? Where did you get that idea?

You believe you have some inherent right to see what happens at a private party of the President's. Where do you derive that from?
NO to all the above.
I am interested in who paid for the entertainment. The additional security that was used above the average day.
I claim the right as a tax payer demanding the transparency that Obama himself promised.
I have no desire to know any details of his personal security and have never asked for such. But if we had to pay an additional 40 secret service agents over time I question who should foot that bill. If these are all personal friends of the Obama family why the need for additional security? And if they did use additional security for a private event then yes they should be billed for it.
The party itself is theirs. I agree. But who paid for the entertainment? The additional security? The clean up? The preparations? In short who would pay for your party?

Old 01-20-2014, 09:21 PM

20,948 posts, read 18,966,297 times
Royalty always hid their extravagance from their subjects.

Old 01-20-2014, 09:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
What secrecy? Friends and family celebrated Michelle's birthday. Why should the world be privy to every detail. What party favors did they have? As far as the entertainment goes no one got paid. Entertainers feel it's a privilege to be asked to perform at the White House. This goes for both parties.
And if that's the case no harm no foul. If that's the case I am 1 happy tax payer.
The secrecy is in the white house"s refusal to report who paid for what. I don't know what party favors were used. I wasn't there. Who paid for the decorations? The clean up, the prep? Transportation, background checks?
But hey defend it all you like. Until any of you can post facts then you are spitballing. I ask simple questions.
Like I said I don't give a damn what party the Pres is a member of. I care about Politicians squandering tax dollars for personal gain.

Old 01-20-2014, 09:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamale View Post
Royalty always hid their extravagance from their subjects.
In deed. I would question my mayor for using the town dump truck to deliver top soil to his private residence. He better be footing that bill.

Old 01-20-2014, 09:25 PM

44,979 posts, read 26,124,187 times
The Obamas great society...by invitation only.

Old 01-20-2014, 09:26 PM

2,687 posts, read 2,174,078 times
NO to all the above.
I am interested in who paid for the entertainment.

Probably the same source that pays for WH parties going all the way back to the first time the WH had its very own expense and entertainment budget. You know, like when Bush, Clinton, Bush I, Reaan, Carter, Ford, Nixon, etc, all had parties.

The additional security that was used above the average day.

It was a party, obviously there would be extra security, especially if you recall the party crashers that got into the WH early in Obama's first term. The SS clearly doesn't want that to happen again. What security will be needed isn't determined by Obama (did you seriously not know that?) it's determined by the Secret Service.

I claim the right as a tax payer demanding the transparency that Obama himself promised.

And I claim that yours is nothing more than an empty, partisan attack, devoid of any substance if you can't tell me who paid for all of Bush's parties.

I have no desire to know any details of his personal security and have never asked for such.

The lady doth protest too much methink.

But if we had to pay an additional 40 secret service agents over time I question who should foot that bill.

They're not paid by the hour.

If these are all personal friends of the Obama family why the need for additional security?

Send an email to the Secret Service and ask them, it was their decision.

And if they did use additional security for a private event then yes they should be billed for it.

The SS is salaried, they get paid whether they're there or not.

The party itself is theirs. I agree. But who paid for the entertainment? The additional security? The clean up? The preparations? In short who would pay for your party?

Whoever pays for it every other time the WH has a party.

Are you done with this pointless exercise yet?

Old 01-20-2014, 09:29 PM

12,638 posts, read 8,894,203 times
When did American liberals become bleating sheep? What happened to "Question Authority"? When did the American Left become neighing horses braying their non-sensical support for an imperial monarchy?

Old 01-20-2014, 09:33 PM

12,973 posts, read 15,716,760 times
Quote:
NO to all the above.
I am interested in who paid for the entertainment. The additional security that was used above the average day.
I have no desire to know any details of his personal security and have never asked for such. But if we had to pay an additional 40 secret service agents over time I question who should foot that bill. If these are all personal friends of the Obama family why the need for additional security? And if they did use additional security for a private event then yes they should be billed for it.
What right have you to know who paid for the entertainment? Do I get to know who paid the box squeezer at your affair?

Why do you have a right to know about any additional security expense? Do you have some arrangement where you get to tell the President what sort of party he can throw? You found that in the 10th amendment?

You are under the impression the President gets to decide the appropriate level of security for an affair he throws? YOu are so inside that you know the ratio for security for friendly parties versus non friendly ones?

YOu simply need to get over it. Obama is head of state. As such he gets certain prerogatives that are not available to mere mortals. Obama gets to use the White House...and it gets cleaned up by government employees. If he throws a party the clean up will likely be done by the people who clean the white house...who are likely government employees.

It comes with being President...and you really need a narrow mind to object. Now if a President wanted to throw a victory celebration on an aircraft carrier in the Pacific...well that would be a bit much...but probably OK I think.

Old 01-20-2014, 09:37 PM

31,828 posts, read 14,800,770 times
Quote:
And if that's the case no harm no foul. If that's the case I am 1 happy tax payer.
The secrecy is in the white house"s refusal to report who paid for what. I don't know what party favors were used. I wasn't there. Who paid for the decorations? The clean up, the prep? Transportation, background checks?
But hey defend it all you like. Until any of you can post facts then you are spitballing. I ask simple questions.
Like I said I don't give a damn what party the Pres is a member of. I care about Politicians squandering tax dollars for personal gain.
But what facts do you have. You are automatically assuming there were party favors. And what transportation and background checks are you talking about. Why would they need to do background checks on friends. You assume a lot.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies