Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-22-2014, 11:31 AM

11,086 posts, read 8,520,476 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smash255 View Post
An $8.5 million mansion on the Long Island Sound.....
A mansion on the water can be had in many places without the 9% state tax bill.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-22-2014, 11:33 AM

29,198 posts, read 22,250,239 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grsz11 View Post
What a hack. I will believe it when I see it, but my guess he likes the elite NYC scene too much. Perhaps if he didn't want to pay such a high rate he shouldn't have moved to one of the wealthiest counties in the country, that was his choice.
Hannity says a lot of stuff he never gets around to actually doing. Like you, I'll believe it when I see it.

Old 01-22-2014, 11:34 AM

34,274 posts, read 19,305,051 times
Breaking news.

In a surprise to absolutely no one that uses their brain Sean Hannity has revealed that he wont in fact leave the state. He's now saying that maybe when his kid turns 18 or he retires he will leave.

Come on. Did you really think the guy was going to leave over taxes? Hes there for the money, and he benefits from the taxes he is paying. Hes going to stay there and just complain a lot.

As usual with right wingers like him, moan and complain, and when you say youre going to do something because of a tax etc...back out when you realize that you like where you are, you like the benefits....you just don't want to pay for them waahahhhh.

Old 01-22-2014, 11:46 AM

15,355 posts, read 12,593,548 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Towner View Post
No he isn't. What proof do you have? Come on, can't you back up anything you say?
He said he is leaving NYC... he lied.

Old 01-22-2014, 11:49 AM

56,989 posts, read 35,105,807 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkatt View Post
rotflmao..

What they are really doing is trying to figure out how much more in taxes they are going to have to pay to cover Hannity and his crew ALL moving to another state, taking their income tax, personal property tax, and all the other taxes they pay, out of state. They are probably in that one fell swoop, losing several million dollars in tax revenues.

When you figure, his show has paying advertisers, and ALL that income as well as the income from every station in the U.S, ( I think over 500 stations, Hannity is the 2nd highest listened to talk show in the nation), who pays to carry Hannity's show, is income that the state of NY, as well as the locality is it produced in, can no longer tax the show's revenue, that's a LOT of bucks.
Do you have any idea how many people move to New York every year to pursue their dreams?

Hannity won't be missed. They won't even remember that he was there.

Old 01-22-2014, 11:49 AM

2,776 posts, read 3,586,167 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by North Beach Person View Post
According to Urbanlife you're lying.

Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
Sounds like you don't understand how cost of living works, not all those savings are to taxes. Housing costs alone are expensive here.

Well, I said I'm saving that much in taxes (property, income, sales, etc.)

If we throw in the lower cost of housing, I save even more. My 200K house here would have easily cost over half a mil in metro NY.

I'm not very familiar with Hannity but if he's living on the Sound he's definitely rocking the Gold Coast living. If you can afford it, great, but for many middle class types the taxes and cost of living in much less nice parts of NY are not sustainable.

My folks have to move soon because their very middle class neighborhood in western Suffolk county will not be affordable once my father retires; and they actually have a pension and stuff.

Old 01-22-2014, 11:50 AM

41,111 posts, read 25,655,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
Breaking news.

In a surprise to absolutely no one that uses their brain Sean Hannity has revealed that he wont in fact leave the state. He's now saying that maybe when his kid turns 18 or he retires he will leave.

Come on. Did you really think the guy was going to leave over taxes? Hes there for the money, and he benefits from the taxes he is paying. Hes going to stay there and just complain a lot.

As usual with right wingers like him, moan and complain, and when you say youre going to do something because of a tax etc...back out when you realize that you like where you are, you like the benefits....you just don't want to pay for them waahahhhh.
A lot of people choose where to live due to taxes.

One example is when I was looking to buy a house I was looking at 2 homes in 2 different counties. Both were around the same price and I liked both equally but one house my payments would be much higher due to taxes. Thinking about retirement I opted for the house in the low tax country because lower payments and once the mortgage is paid I will still have to pay taxes. The high tax area lost out on my tax contribution. A lot of people talk about and are leaving the county because of the taxes.

There are other taxes to consider too.

Old 01-22-2014, 11:52 AM

4,176 posts, read 4,659,705 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goinback2011 View Post
What does someone paying a 9% state income tax rate in NY get for their money?

Oh yeah, nothing,nada.
I googled "new york state expenditures" so if you really want to know, which I know that you don't:

NYS DOB: 2013-14 Enacted Budget

Old 01-22-2014, 11:53 AM

643 posts, read 915,230 times
who is sean hannity?

Old 01-22-2014, 11:57 AM

46,001 posts, read 35,085,915 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
How many times do you have to be corrected before you accept that you are wrong?

FOX has studios in OTHER places then NY?

Do you believe that IF FOX wanted to broadcast from another location they wouldn't or couldn't do it?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
Not a nerve at all. You post wrong information, then when called on it you try to move the goal posts.

" I would love to help him go" Of course you would subclauses you can't STAND anyone with a different opinion then your own.

Typical leftie, you cry for tolerance and diversity as long as it is an issue you agree with.
Your news idol isn't moving out of New York, and he will continue to broadcast out of NYC. All he is doing is pandering to his audience and it is obviously working.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies