Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-21-2014, 06:39 AM

7,108 posts, read 8,960,867 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trace21230 View Post
What you've said in bold applies to Obama, not Sean Hannity.
No it doesn't!

Obama has support from many different races as President. Hannity as a commentator has marketed himself to lazy and insecure White racist.

This isn't about Obama anyway. This is about Hannity leaving New York state!

Hannity=commentator

Obama=President.

If you can't see the difference???
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-21-2014, 06:46 AM

3,555 posts, read 4,093,945 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TriMT7 View Post
He can shack up next to Rush Limbaugh. While I disagree with that man, he DOES pay almost $500k in property taxes each year on his Palm Beach mansion. (Valued at 48ish million $)
That's just over 1%, which is a pretty good rate. I don't feel bad. If they want to pay less taxes they can live in a normal house.

Old 01-21-2014, 06:47 AM

17,291 posts, read 29,391,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grsz11 View Post
That's just over 1%, which is a pretty good rate. I don't feel bad. If they want to pay less taxes they can live in a normal house.

I don't either! He can afford it. I consider it a "hot air" tax, for his role in contributing to already steamy temperatures!

Old 01-21-2014, 06:47 AM

3,537 posts, read 2,734,435 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ntwrkguy1 View Post
Florida, while it doesn't have a state income tax, has some homeowner's insurance and flood insurance issues that are completely out of whack.

I left FL over 10 years ago because my flood insurance had increased from $3,100 a year to $5,800 a year --- for a house that had NEVER had any flood damage since it was built in 1953. The house just sold again recently, and the new owners (old friends of mine) are looking at flood insurance rates that will approach $17,000 annually. Their alternative is to pay cash for the home, and self-insure, which they likely will. Regular homeowner's insurance rates are nuts, too, along with property taxes that have been creeping up steadily.

Granted, it's not like Hannity makes $40,000 a year, so he can probably handle the tax bill. But if they don't somehow fix the issues in FL around insurance, more and more people will be priced out of the market.

But even so, I cannot imagine living in Nassau County and paying those crazy taxes year after year after year....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grsz11 View Post
That's pretty crazy. I knew somebody who sold car insurance In Florida and I think said the rates were double what they were in Pennsylvania, then doubled again in South Florida. Yes, Nassau County comes out to be around 8% of per capita income, but the rate of around 1.7% of the value is not outrageous. Lets not pretend this is a burden to Hannity, who makes 250 times the average resident.
Yes HOI and Car insurance are not cheap here.
There are talks of lower HOI rates due to a nice surplus since (knock on wood) there have not been any hurricane hits in several years.
But once a hurricane hits that is gone. The flood insurance is weird. Fema has these stupid flood zones drawn up that demonstrate the FEDGOV has really no knowledge of the Florida landscape. That should be left up to the state.

Old 01-21-2014, 06:51 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,512,088 times
Quote:
Link: Sean Hannity to Leave New York After Andrew Cuomo's Anti-Conservative Rant

New York's loss is Florida's gain. Hopefully all the liberals left in New York get to pay even more taxes to make up for all the tax revenue Cuomo just drove out of the state.
[/indent]
New York probably gonna just fold now that Hannity's leaving.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
Hannity can follow Limbaugh who said he would leave the country if Obamacare passed.
Yeah. And guess who is still here???

Old 01-21-2014, 06:56 AM

17,291 posts, read 29,391,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoomBen View Post
Yes HOI and Car insurance are not cheap here.
There are talks of lower HOI rates due to a nice surplus since (knock on wood) there have not been any hurricane hits in several years.
But once a hurricane hits that is gone. The flood insurance is weird. Fema has these stupid flood zones drawn up that demonstrate the FEDGOV has really no knowledge of the Florida landscape. That should be left up to the state.

That Flood insurance issue is a looming crisis that Florida politicians are going to be expected to deal with. I live on a "coastal ridge"... 30 ft above sea level (a veritable south Florida mountain!) so don't have to get flood insurance. It HAS stopped me from making moves on homes lower lying and closer to the water, however.

Most people with the kind of bucks Hannity has, however, probably won't bother to pay for flood insurance and will just "self insure."

Old 01-21-2014, 06:56 AM

15,355 posts, read 12,638,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkatt View Post
rotflmao..

What they are really doing is trying to figure out how much more in taxes they are going to have to pay to cover Hannity and his crew ALL moving to another state, taking their income tax, personal property tax, and all the other taxes they pay, out of state. They are probably in that one fell swoop, losing several million dollars in tax revenues.

When you figure, his show has paying advertisers, and ALL that income as well as the income from every station in the U.S, ( I think over 500 stations, Hannity is the 2nd highest listened to talk show in the nation), who pays to carry Hannity's show, is income that the state of NY, as well as the locality is it produced in, can no longer tax the show's revenue, that's a LOT of bucks.
You are a fool if you think anyone is picking up to follow Hannity to FL. Those people will stay in NYC and jump on other programs. NYC is the media center of the world.

Old 01-21-2014, 07:00 AM

9,885 posts, read 10,967,002 times
IMO, this story (IF true, and IF he really does what it says he plans to do) just shows that Hannity (whoever he is) is a great deal smarter than many people say he is!

Old 01-21-2014, 07:28 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,521,957 times
Lightbulb Sean Hannity Elects to Leave New York After Cuomo (D-NY) Says Conservatives Aren't Welcome There

Lil' Sean could probably find a place to call home somewhere in Mississippi.

Besides having lots of soul mates there, it would be much more appropriate for his mental condition, too.

Old 01-21-2014, 07:30 AM

5,719 posts, read 6,445,137 times
Quote:
Link: Sean Hannity to Leave New York After Andrew Cuomo's Anti-Conservative Rant

New York's loss is Florida's gain. Hopefully all the liberals left in New York get to pay even more taxes to make up for all the tax revenue Cuomo just drove out of the state.
[/indent]

Sayonara. Arrivederci. Goodbye. Or as we say in New York, "See Ya Later."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies