Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-21-2014, 08:07 AM

68,329 posts, read 54,389,283 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sxrckr View Post
Here's what he said:

"Because if that’s who they are and they’re the extreme conservatives, they have no place in the state of New York, because that’s not who New Yorkers are."
He also said it was those who were pro-assault rifle and anti-gay which is hardly the same "conservatives not being welcome" as the OP alleges.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-21-2014, 08:24 AM

8,030 posts, read 9,052,833 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
He also said it was those who were pro-assault rifle and anti-gay which is hardly the same "conservatives not being welcome" as the OP alleges.
If Cuomo's definition of "pro-assault rifle" and "anti-gay" is as distorted as that of many leftists, it may as well be broadened from "conservatives" to moderates. Why not throw the word "hate" in there while we're at it.

Have no place / do not belong / not welcome... yeah, such a huge difference there. Probably safe to say he doesn't want them.

Old 01-21-2014, 08:26 AM

68,329 posts, read 54,389,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sxrckr View Post
If Cuomo's definition of "pro-assault rifle" and "anti-gay" is as distorted as that of many leftists, it may as well be broadened from "conservatives" to moderates. Why not throw the word "hate" in there while we're at it.

Do not belong / not welcome... yeah, such a huge difference there.
In other words, you're just fine putting words in his mouth he never said, eh? Typical rightie whine, never let facts get in the way.

Old 01-21-2014, 08:42 AM

8,030 posts, read 9,052,833 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
In other words, you're just fine putting words in his mouth he never said, eh? Typical rightie whine, never let facts get in the way.
In other words, you can't actually argue it, and just resort to name-call me something I am not and the usual.

Old 01-21-2014, 08:44 AM

2,616 posts, read 2,398,603 times
Sure he's leaving. The same also said he would commit to being waterboarded years ago and donate the money to charity.......still waiting.

Last edited by CaseyB; 01-21-2014 at 11:31 AM.. Reason: language

Old 01-21-2014, 08:44 AM

1,300 posts, read 1,042,755 times
I feel sorry for whichever state ends up with Sean effing Hannity. My condolences.

Old 01-21-2014, 08:47 AM

57,286 posts, read 26,206,502 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brentwoodgirl View Post
NY state lost more people than any other state last year. It can't afford to keep losing productive people at the rate it has been. NY has lost 175,000 jobs since 2005. Every day I see a commercial on TV about starting a business in NY. They are advertising tax free zones for people coming to NY to start a business.
Cuomo was an idiot to offend millions in his state and half the country at the same time he is begging people to come there and start a business.
NY had a population increase last year according to the census, maybe you have a reliable source or maybe not. Cuomo is also proposing cutting the corporate tax rate and tax free zones to help out depressed areas, I don't see a problem with that. Businesses will continue to come ot NY if it is profitable, no one cares about political statements if they can increase their bottom line.

No normal person is going to leave the state because of a statement relative to guns or birth control, I guess in the end this generated much needed publicity for Hannity, great advertisement.

Old 01-21-2014, 08:59 AM

3,555 posts, read 4,095,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
NY had a population increase last year according to the census, maybe you have a reliable source or maybe not. Cuomo is also proposing cutting the corporate tax rate and tax free zones to help out depressed areas, I don't see a problem with that. Businesses will continue to come ot NY if it is profitable, no one cares about political statements if they can increase their bottom line.

No normal person is going to leave the state because of a statement relative to guns or birth control, I guess in the end this generated much needed publicity for Hannity, great advertisement.
What else can you expect from a right wing media w***e?

Old 01-21-2014, 09:48 AM

8,016 posts, read 5,859,543 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoomBen View Post
Yes HOI and Car insurance are not cheap here.
There are talks of lower HOI rates due to a nice surplus since (knock on wood) there have not been any hurricane hits in several years.
But once a hurricane hits that is gone. The flood insurance is weird. Fema has these stupid flood zones drawn up that demonstrate the FEDGOV has really no knowledge of the Florida landscape. That should be left up to the state.

I would imagine there IS a nice surplus at Citizen's after all those rate hikes. Hopefully you guys get some relief, because there's nothing worse than insurance that's grossly overpriced.

Totally agree that the FedGov -- as usual -- is clueless about the Florida landscape. At the same time I was getting hit for crazy flood insurance rates, a friend of mine who lived less than 1 mile from me had no flood insurance at all. It was if there was a magical line in the middle of the street that the floodwaters knew not to cross.....lol.

Old 01-21-2014, 10:02 AM

5,064 posts, read 5,729,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post

Here you go:

Quote:
New York State accounted for the biggest migration exodus of any state in the nation between 2000 and 2010, with 3.4 million residents leaving over that period
Escape From New York? High-Taxing Empire State Loses 3.4 Million Residents in 10 Years | CNS News

The predictions are that this year Florida will pass NY in population, meaning NY will fall to the 4th place in population.

Normal people are leaving every day. Between 2000-2010, those normal people took 20 Billion dollars in income with them out of the state of NY. Insulting people and telling them they don't have a place in the state isn't smart for a governor whose state is losing income tax payers.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies