Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-21-2014, 02:39 PM

1,672 posts, read 1,771,158 times

Advertisements

In truth, many of the wealthiest appearing out of Russia and China probably have rampant corruption to thank for their billions, not a true "capitalism success story."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-21-2014, 02:44 PM

14,917 posts, read 13,098,699 times
Disgusting

Old 01-21-2014, 02:45 PM

11,998 posts, read 12,931,071 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Volobjectitarian View Post
Not to a conspiracy theory rant, as those start off unintelligent, and are driven by emotion and a very uninformed view of history. So no, nothing to add, since nothing would penetrate the paranoid fantasy you have.
Do you even know what a conspiracy is? People conspire for power and money constantly. So you deny US Government involvement with Hussein, Pinochet? You deny that third world countries are indebted to the world bank and IMF? You deny that corporations exploit third world countries for their natural resources?

Wow, you sure have your head buried in the sand. Let me know when you wake up and we can continue the conversation.

Old 01-21-2014, 02:50 PM

22,768 posts, read 30,727,592 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
Look at history. The railroads build by the rich gave way to a prosperous country.
the railroads were built by ethnic immigrant laborers

Quote:
Look at the history of other countries .. we are only a few hundred years old and we have because of freedoms invented and perfected many advancements to benefit our civilization.
nobody is arguing against freedom.

Old 01-21-2014, 02:51 PM

13,955 posts, read 5,621,810 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2e1m5a View Post
So you deny US Government involvement with Hussein, Pinochet? You deny that third world countries are indebted to the world bank and IMF? You deny that corporations exploit third world countries for their natural resources?

Wow, you sure have your head buried in the sand. Let me know when you wake up and we can continue the conversation.
I neither confirm nor deny that rantings of a conspiracy theorist because that has the off chance of legitimizing the discussion is some way. Won't do that. Suffice it to say that actual history is far more complex and complex than your bumper sticker slogans, and as you have chosen to thus far remain largely ignorant of all that history and instead suffice with bumper stickers, I have neither the time nor inclination to educate you.

But I will say this as a hint for you, should you ever choose to increase your knowledge - consider a nation's history of property right protections over any long period of time, and see how the concept of property rights plays to the division between 1st, 2nd and 3rd World nations.

Old 01-21-2014, 05:20 PM

n/a posts
Jokes on them, I don't participate in the money economy. I will ascend. My bank account is currently fraudulent, and I'm loving every second of it.

Old 01-21-2014, 05:21 PM

9,470 posts, read 6,968,141 times
Quote:
LOL-please, I have read your opinions on other threads. There is no hope for you-keep sleeping.

I work plenty hard and have more than I can ask for. Some of us are just able to see the big picture.
No, you just have a undisciplined-by-reality imagination which you mistake for reality.

Old 01-21-2014, 05:32 PM

8,483 posts, read 6,930,930 times
Quote:
Nothing intelligent to add? What is false in what I wrote?
One man's conspiracy is another's business plan.

Old 01-21-2014, 05:32 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,520,724 times
Since the wealthiest themselves seemed to be concerned by it; I wonder why that is?

Are they afraid we will rise from our cubes and stop making them richer?

Why do they care?

Old 01-21-2014, 05:39 PM

46,949 posts, read 25,979,166 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
Look at history. The railroads build by the rich gave way to a prosperous country.
The railroads - in particular the transcontinental lines - were massively sponsored by government land grants and government backing of their bonds.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies