Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-23-2014, 08:35 AM

5,637 posts, read 5,052,265 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceist View Post
That's one of the main reasons for puberty blocking treatment so the secondary sexual characteristics don't develop and gender reassignment surgery after 18 years old is much more successful.
A successful physical mutilation to address a mental issue. That's an interesting approach...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-23-2014, 11:11 AM

5,899 posts, read 5,761,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Little-Acorn View Post
He's not a girl. He's a boy who wished he was a girl... and so he had doctors cut off his weewee, put a hole there, and shoot him up with hormones. That didn't make him a girl, any more than putting a Ford badge on a Chevy makes it a Ford. All that did was make him a genital-mutilated, doped-up boy.

I'm sorry he can't get his wish to be a girl. It sounds like he would be happier if he was, and I'm all for people being happy.

But I've often wished I could fly like a bird, by flapping my arms, or even without flapping - just some kind of levitation. I will never be a bird, or a levitator (is that a word?), even if I make and sew on giant eagle wings. I will be a man with weird things on his arms. And this boy will only be a boy with mutilated genitals and abnormal hormones in his veins. I'm sorry that both desires are unachievable.
Mentally/brain-wise, she is a girl, and the mind/brain is what matters most all of to most people in regards to this.

You are correct that physically she is not completely a girl, but then again, so what, and why exactly should we care? If she considers herself to be a girl, then this is good enough for me to consider her a girl.

Old 01-23-2014, 09:34 PM

2,727 posts, read 2,818,937 times
Bizarre. So if she thinks she is a cat, would she be classified as a feline? What if mentally she considers herself black? Is she black?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Futurist110 View Post
Mentally/brain-wise, she is a girl, and the mind/brain is what matters most all of to most people in regards to this.

You are correct that physically she is not completely a girl, but then again, so what, and why exactly should we care? If she considers herself to be a girl, then this is good enough for me to consider her a girl.

Old 01-24-2014, 12:03 AM

13,933 posts, read 12,842,703 times
Quote:

I consider myself a dog..... am I a dog?

On second thought, don't answer.

Old 01-24-2014, 12:16 AM

30,286 posts, read 51,752,562 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeymags View Post
Bizarre. So if she thinks she is a cat, would she be classified as a feline? What if mentally she considers herself black? Is she black?
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhipperSnapper 88 View Post

Anyone who knows anything about transgenderism knows these are terrible analogies... but if you two want to be called dogs/cats or black, I will respect your wishes 100%. Why do you care what a complete stranger chooses to call themselves? I always find that odd, especially when people (not you necessarily) get downright ANGRY about it. How on earth does it affect your/my life if a boy decides they identify more strongly as a girl? It doesn't hurt anyone, so let her be what she wants.

Speaking of which, I know a girl who used to call herself Native American, even though her mother was white/Jewish and father is mostly black. She lost her mother as a child and didn't connect with her father until adulthood, so decided to just pick her own ethnic identity. I thought it was a bit odd, but not once did I correct her! Interestingly, she recently had the DNA genetics test done, and discovered she has Native Peruvian blood. Well, she was kinda close.

Last edited by gizmo980; 01-24-2014 at 12:24 AM..

Old 01-24-2014, 12:21 AM

Quote:

Is your brain more similar to a dog's brain than to a human brain? If so, then perhaps Yes, mentally/brain-wise.

Is your body more similar to a dog's body than to a human's body, or at least somewhere in between the bodies of dogs and humans? If so, then perhaps Yes, if you want to consider yourself to be one.

Basically, as far as I know, the brains of transgender people are closer to or the same as the brains of their preferred gender/sex rather than the brains of their birth gender/sex. Also, if we are talking about the bodies of transgender people excluding their brains, then after they begin their transition, their bodies are somewhere in between the bodies of regular females and the bodies of regular males.

Old 01-24-2014, 12:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo980 View Post
Anyone who knows anything about transgenderism knows these are terrible analogies... but if you two want to be called dogs/cats or black, I will respect your wishes 100%.
For the record, I agree with this part, and I will likewise respect your wishes 100% if you insist on being called dogs/cats/black/et cetera.

Old 01-24-2014, 12:35 AM

13,933 posts, read 12,842,703 times
Quote:
For the record, I agree with this part, and I will likewise respect your wishes 100% if you insist on being called dogs/cats/black/et cetera.
See, this is the problem right here. If we met in real life and I considered myself to be a dog, why on EARTH would you accept that and treat me like I was normal?

If I met someone and they told me with sincerity that they felt more like a dog than a human, I'd consider them to have some sort of psychiatric condition in need of treatment and/or counseling. In my own mind I'd be thinking they were a weirdo, and you can deny it, but you would to.

Old 01-24-2014, 12:36 AM

2,687 posts, read 2,175,079 times
Quote:
See, this is the problem right here. If we met in real life and I considered myself to be a dog, why on EARTH would you accept that and treat me like I was normal?

If I met someone and they told me with sincerity that they felt more like a dog than a human, I'd consider them to have some sort of mental abnormality in need of treatment and/or counseling. In my own mind I'd be thinking they were a weirdo, and you can deny it, but you would to.
Apples, meet Oranges. Oranges, apples.

Old 01-24-2014, 12:48 AM

8,802 posts, read 8,864,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Votre_Chef View Post
But it's not a mental illness.

Once again righties, science is clearly your enemy. Why don't you start some thread about how Western Civilization's psychiatric professionals are all a bunch of hoaxsters and frauds? I bet the Scientologists would support you.
In this case, science is not our enemy. You might be born gay, but this person was born a male. He was meant to be born a male. He still is a male. And he will always be a male. He has an X and Y chromosome. Science says: MALE

I am not denying that this boy wants to be a girl, clearly he does. But it is a mental disorder that requires psychological treatment, not genital mutilation.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies