Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-21-2014, 07:44 PM

27,307 posts, read 16,145,517 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by surfman View Post
That you think the comments made online represent any demographic says a lot. Most people never see the inside of a forum or a comment box when it comes to their political leanings.

This place is the perfect example. The moderates are hardly noticed in here. But I'll bet most posters in here can name the top 10 extremists, the ones who consistently rattle off talking points like robot parrots. The ones who say tings no sane person would say in a live setting. Hardly representative of the general population.

Do you know how to tell a moderate from an extremist?

If you'll speak everything you type in here verbatim in public, you're probably a moderate. Most people in here wouldn't dare speak what they type in public.
I speak my mind because I don't give a rats dirty behind what people think.

They ask me a question, they better be prepared for the answer they may not like.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-21-2014, 07:55 PM

1,179 posts, read 1,548,237 times
The guy should not be handling gun. He has not even had basic firearm safety training.

Old 01-21-2014, 08:11 PM

18,782 posts, read 17,299,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vergofa View Post
The guy should not be handling gun. He has not even had basic firearm safety training.
good point. He should not be touching a gun with his level of knowledge.

Again I believe this is a 'Gauss gun' not a 'ghost gun.' It's basically a toy. From google it sounds like they have about 3 ft/lbs of muzzle energy. By contrast a typical 9mm is in the area of 400 ft/lbs. And many people consider the 9mm to be underpowered. I would not want to get shot by one, but if you did it is not going to kill you. From what I read they are not a firearm under federal law nor illegal.

You would not use something like this for either self defense or for criminal purposes. You'd be 100 times better off with a .22 pistol, or even a pocketknife.

Old 01-21-2014, 08:31 PM

39,808 posts, read 26,349,321 times
Lets see if I have this right. Some politician makes a statement that a fetus is a human life and he's condemned as an idiot that shouldn't be using public office to make a personal statement. Same if someone says homosexuality is not natural.

Yet when some politician that is trying to whip up the public and wants to violate the rights of a good portion of the population, and displays a complete ignorance of the topic, yeah, it's all fine and just arguing over trivia. OK fine.

Old 01-21-2014, 08:33 PM

Senator's speech is now covered on his wiki page:
Kevin de León - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Quote:
This is a ghost gun. This right here (grasps the magazine socket) has ability, with a thirty caliber clip, to disperse thirty bullets within half a second. Thirty magazine clip... in half a second.
The video linked by OP does a great job with the 'pictograms' to depict what he says as he says it (pic of 30 magazines, followed by a pic of a clip). I am still laughing every time I watch it.

Old 01-21-2014, 08:42 PM

btw the wiki page also reveals that he is currently under investigation for possible involvement in a bribe scandal. Nothing proven yet, no charges even filed.

Sen. Kevin De Leon denies role in contribution to Calderon group - latimes.com

But gun control is a great distractive device for politicos. The soccer moms see you up there promoting another gun ban, and they maybe don't notice what is going on under the table. Blago was a big time gun control guy. William 'Icebox' Jefferson was also very anti-gun.

Old 01-22-2014, 06:13 AM

29,976 posts, read 18,541,111 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lvoc View Post
Thanks - you prove my point.

I just DISPROVED your "point". However, you are so sure and invested into your opinion, that any statements of logic which dispels your notions will be soundly rejected.

That is what we call a "closed mind", which is characteristic of liberals.

I would direct your attention to the Saiga 12g shotgun with a 24 round drum magazine and a "slide fire" stock, which essentially creates a fully automatic shotgun. This weapon, of course, is devastating and could clear a few rooms in a moment. That weapon is perfectly fine and legal. However, in many states, fully auto machine guns (which are of little use, as they waste ammuntion and have too much "walk") are banned for private citizens.

Most gun laws make little sense, as those making the laws have little knowledge of weapons.

There is no need to defend the 2nd amendment to ANYONE, as it is a Constitutional RIGHT, just like the others.

Old 01-22-2014, 06:18 AM

68,289 posts, read 54,116,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Little-Acorn View Post
People who think making more laws will affect the behavior of people who don't obey laws, are stupid by definition, aren't they?

So it's hardly a surprise when they prove it.
So, in your stupid little world, we'd eliminate laws against things like murder since they obviously don't affect the behavior of murderers, eh?

Old 01-22-2014, 06:26 AM

79,907 posts, read 43,959,063 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Draper View Post
Not being familiar with firearms = a fool?
In his position? Yes. If you are going to speak on something in the position he is in you should make sure you know what you are talking about to start with.

Any gun that can shoot 30 rounds in a second is already highly regulated. What is the point of regulating something already regulated?

Old 01-22-2014, 06:27 AM

1,214 posts, read 1,689,003 times
Yeah saw this video a few days ago, it was pretty sad lol. I got a HUGE laugh out of the '' Ghost Gun '', talk about talking out of your behind Haha!

The sad thing is that some people out there are just as uneducated on firearms as he is and are falling all overit. People who don't know anything about guns should not be allowed to enact any laws about them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies