Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-21-2014, 10:34 PM

32,068 posts, read 15,062,274 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Britt Reid View Post
You mean in the way the democratic party went after Sarah Palin when she first came on the scene?
Oh please, Palin should have never been considered a VP. McCain didn't even what her. If you're comparing intelligence I think Wendy would win.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-21-2014, 10:37 PM

9,127 posts, read 7,942,406 times
Quote:
You mean in the way the democratic party went after Sarah Palin when she first came on the scene?
Wendy Davis is a big girl. Im sure she is not worried about some dude from AZ is posting threads about her.

Old 01-21-2014, 10:41 PM

878 posts, read 737,471 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
Oh please, Palin should have never been considered a VP. McCain didn't even what her. If you're comparing intelligence I think Wendy would win.
Palin with hardly any money ran a grass roots campaign against two powerful experienced politicians (Governor Tony Knowles/ Governor Frank Murkowski), debated them 3 times and became governor of one of the most strategic states in the nation. That is something Wendy Davis has yet to do. And yes, McCain did choose her as she boosted his poll numbers. Palin was considered the most popular governor in the nation at the time she was chosen.

Old 01-21-2014, 10:46 PM

32,068 posts, read 15,062,274 times
Quote:
Palin with hardly any money ran a grass roots campaign against two powerful experienced politicians (Governor Tony Knowles/ Governor Frank Murkowski), debated them 3 times and became governor of one of the most strategic states in the nation. That is something Wendy Davis has yet to do. And yes, McCain did choose her as she boosted his poll numbers. Palin was considered the most popular governor in the nation at the time she was chosen.
Sorry to burst your bubble but Palin cost McCain the presidency. Actually, after 8 years of a republican it was a no brainer that a democrat would win. Palin quit as governor. A quitter never wins.

Old 01-21-2014, 10:49 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,198,461 times
So what. Most of us aren't from Texas so we don't really care.

Old 01-21-2014, 10:58 PM

878 posts, read 737,471 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
Sorry to burst your bubble but Palin cost McCain the presidency.
No she didn't. McCain did when he suggested to cancel the debate with Obama and suspend his campaign to go to D.C to deal with the bailout shocking republicans. Palin objected to the move. It was political suicide and Obama used it to his advantage. But this thread is about a ruthless self centered woman who has lied about her past and made derogatory comments against her paraplegic opponent.

Old 01-21-2014, 10:59 PM

9,127 posts, read 7,942,406 times
Quote:
Hogwash. Palin was unknown on the Nation Political scene. News outlets had to scramble to get bios on her when McCain anounced her. Even Republicals were scratching their heads.

If you would like to rewrite her bio and history...that's ok. Just be aware that there are some of us that lived through that election and can still remember.

Old 01-21-2014, 11:04 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,698,996 times
Quote:
I think this is enough to damage her for good. Actually, I had not known her Texas gubernatorial opponent Greg Abbott was a paraplegic. He was struck by a fallen tree limb while he was jogging when he was 26 years old. This statement could be considered very painful to many paraplegics across Texas and they will remember this at the polls once this is used against her politically.

Greg Abbott

neo-neocon » Blog Archive » Wendy Davis: “empowerment” and the poor little woman; “struggle” and the man

Wendy Davis slams paraplegic opponent

Wendy Davis Slams Pro-Life Paraplegic Opponent: He’s “Never Walked In My Shoes”
Wendy Davis Slams Pro-Life Paraplegic Opponent: He's "Never Walked In My Shoes" | LifeNews.com
She is hideous. Her real only claim to fame is bragging about aborting her kids.

Old 01-22-2014, 01:07 AM

20,126 posts, read 16,157,110 times
Ouch. I believe she stuck those shoes she was talking about in her mouth.

Old 01-22-2014, 03:52 AM

2,270 posts, read 4,124,318 times
Quote:
I think this is enough to damage her for good. Actually, I had not known her Texas gubernatorial opponent Greg Abbott was a paraplegic. He was struck by a fallen tree limb while he was jogging when he was 26 years old. This statement could be considered very painful to many paraplegics across Texas and they will remember this at the polls once this is used against her politically.
Most of the disabled are just not that sensitive to phrases that are quite common. I am in a wheelchair and have no problem when someone says "walk this way" or "stand in line"; I am also blind and do not freak when someone asks if I have "seen" this movie or did I "watch" a particular show on tv - I also say "I'll see you later" when speaking with others.

The disabled community has actual serious issues to deal with and "he never walked in my shoes" is not one of them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies