Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-22-2014, 06:24 PM

34,278 posts, read 19,358,607 times

Advertisements

For those wondering why I'm not responding to pnwmdk its because he is on my ignore list, and a troll. He usually responds with meaningless one liners. unhiding his messages shows me...nothings changed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-22-2014, 06:24 PM

9,470 posts, read 6,966,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
Nothing wrong with you sticking you for your overlords, I am sure the wealthy are happy when the poorer people defend them making it easier for them to take more of your money while you aren't looking.
^^^^^

The way self entitled , phony victims talk.

The sheer ignorance of believing that getting wealthy can only be done by stealing from someone who has nothing to steal is mind boggling.

Old 01-22-2014, 06:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
Im not sure that he or anyone else really sees good alternatives to redistribution. Worldwide thats whats worked best.
Best? It HAS NEVER WORKED. Period.

Quote:
Unions (I know I know bad word) worked well, but for the most part they're dead these days.
They only thing they did is kill the industries they represented.

Quote:
And increasingly its capital that makes money, not individuals. Few people believe in "trickle down" economics that promised a better world for all.
And that's a result of leftist policies.

Quote:
Policies to create wealth almost universally seem to revolve around policies that make the wealth wealthier.
And you'd rather we all starved than allow someone who has much to have more. The stupidity of that is almost beyond belief.

Quote:
Do you have any ideas that don't involve redistribution that don't simply make the problem worse?
You have yet to show that "inequality" is bad, or even a problem.

Old 01-22-2014, 06:27 PM

79,913 posts, read 44,167,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pnwmdk View Post
^^^^^

The way self entitled , phony victims talk.

The sheer ignorance of believing that getting wealthy can only be done by stealing from someone who has nothing to steal is mind boggling.
It is hardly the only way but it is what Quantitative Easing is doing. The problem is most of those who complain the most about income inequality refuse to condemn it because it's Obama's economic policy.

Old 01-22-2014, 06:30 PM

Quote:
1. I liked the idea quite a bit, and I was paid reasonably for it.
You liked having what you created taxed from you?

Quote:
2. I have no issue with people being successful, you misattribute my concern with the issue-extreme inequality damages us economically, and socially.
No, you have no actual concern. It's just a emotional whim you use to justify hurting some and controlling others.

Quote:
3. Actually considering im in the top 20% income wise, *I* benefit not at all, I am FAR more likely to be harmed by this then the majority.
I've been in the top 10 for my region. So what? I wasn't "rich". Doesn't matter. You're prescribing a stupid fix for a problem that doesn't exist.

Quote:
In other words every single thing was wrong.
yes, you're wrong about everything.

Old 01-22-2014, 06:31 PM

Quote:
For those wondering why I'm not responding to pnwmdk its because he is on my ignore list, and a troll. He usually responds with meaningless one liners. unhiding his messages shows me...nothings changed.
( It's because he cannot argue a single thing...)

Old 01-22-2014, 06:33 PM

13,601 posts, read 21,385,992 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
WAAAAHHHHH!!!!

He has more money than me! NOT FAIR!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I sympathize with the construction worker or painter or so on that once made a decent wage while his boss or company owner rightfully made more but who then was left in the dust when that boss or owner decided it was easier money to hire a illegal or foreigner instead of advancing the business by providing a superior product or service which was once the believed proper way of enjoy the fruit of your labor by being better than the other which still left those under them working in a satisfying grade scale.

Now the construction worker or call center operator is faced with the fact that his or her boss fired them and hired Julio or some Indian named person in India who is willing to work for less than half the wages while still faced with the needs of life like paying a doctors bill that his or her even richer now boss by saving wage payouts can pay cash for while the average person wonders how to pay for a $1000 a night hospital bed or doubled insurance bill.

That now globalization problem being brought on by both parties and by both corporate and government coming together to pay off and scratch each other. So to see each side blame the other one saying only government is the culprit the other blaming greedy business the way I see it depending on the situation like health care and immigration we the ordinary people get screwed by both of them.

Old 01-22-2014, 07:13 PM

20,948 posts, read 19,042,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
Nothing wrong with you sticking you for your overlords, I am sure the wealthy are happy when the poorer people defend them making it easier for them to take more of your money while you aren't looking.
Leftie willful ignorance.

Old 01-22-2014, 07:18 PM

9,828 posts, read 9,409,015 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
WAAAAHHHHH!!!!

He has more money than me! NOT FAIR!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Translation: "The rich need an even greater share of the pie. Let's get that effective tax rate down to 10%!"

It's all the GOP cares about. Helping the rich get richer.

Old 01-22-2014, 07:21 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,161,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamale View Post
Leftie willful ignorance.
Just rightie naivety. Always doing what your wealthy overlords tell you to do.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies