Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-22-2014, 08:58 PM

12,149 posts, read 8,417,223 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
Since when does the GOP believe in a woman's right to choice?
What happened to consistency?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-23-2014, 03:47 AM

9,127 posts, read 7,942,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VTHokieFan View Post
Why do you care what wives voluntarily do in their own homes?
If it is a voluntary act, then why would the congressman need to comment on what anyone needed to do?

That is like me sayng..."You need to volunteer for the Army".

Old 01-23-2014, 04:07 AM

25,386 posts, read 35,537,397 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by American Heathen View Post
Sounds right to me. I am not even religious and I lead my family and my wife knows that. Something we agreed to before we even considered marriage. She rules the roost and I deal with the punishment,bringing in the bread,the manual labor etc. Old Fashioned Marriage,worked for her grandparents married 55 years,my grandparents 51,53 years respectively and so far has worked for us.
But doesn't our low divorce rate prove how well the two headed household works today??? Almost half of all marriages make it....

There is something to be said for learning from what worked in the past. Submitting doesn't mean being a slave. It means letting the other person take care of you. The person doing the caring is the one who carries the burden. The other person acts as their support so they can carry the burden.

My grandmother once told me that marriage is not a 50/50 proposition. She said that if everything were a compromise no one would ever be happy. She said marriage is a 100/100 proposition. At any given time one person gives all so the other can have what they want. The trick to a successful marriage was that it's not always the same person getting their way but there has to be a tie breaker in the household in cases of stalemates or the stalemate just goes on and on and on.

Old 01-23-2014, 06:46 AM

12,755 posts, read 9,646,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrapperJohn View Post
What happened to a woman's right to choose?

Her marriage, her choice.
I don't think anyone cares what a poster does in her marriage. If she wants to be dominant, fine. If she wants to be submissive, also fine.

The debate is whether a politician should or should not be telling people how their marriages should work.

Old 01-23-2014, 06:48 AM

32,816 posts, read 19,480,794 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smash255 View Post
well SOMEBODY has to lead the marriage

its just like at a job...somebody leads....somebody manages....somebody follows

Old 01-23-2014, 07:03 AM

15,860 posts, read 21,438,888 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by workingclasshero View Post
well SOMEBODY has to lead the marriage

its just like at a job...somebody leads....somebody manages....somebody follows

Sure. But why not say that the older partner must lead? The one with the most education? The one who makes the most money? The one with the darkest hair? Whoever wins a game of tag at the wedding?

Some of those are even less arbitrary than saying the person with the penis should lead!

Old 01-23-2014, 07:03 AM

22,768 posts, read 30,730,722 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smash255 View Post

what i think is funny:

Statistics on Religion in America Report -- Pew Forum on Religion & Public Life
78% of Americans consider themselves "Christian."

...and what this man is saying is straight out of the bible.

Old 01-23-2014, 07:07 AM

22,768 posts, read 30,730,722 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox Terrier View Post
I don't think anyone cares what a poster does in her marriage. If she wants to be dominant, fine. If she wants to be submissive, also fine.
well... the bible is pretty clear that if she tries to be dominant, she's living in sin. Like, godless homosexual sin, or bestiality sin.

as an athiest i find it hilarious that secular feminism has infected christianity. just ignore the parts of the bible that you don't like, or pretend they say something else.

Old 01-23-2014, 07:15 AM

10,659 posts, read 10,726,169 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Lol..sure is a lot of submission going on in the Bible.

Why is religion so stuck on the act of submission? Submit to your husband, submit to God, submit to your parents, submit to Caesar, submit to the clergy....

It's like living a life of perpetual genuflecting.

Submit, submit, submit...you guys can have it.
You submit to your God in the White house.................. I'll Submit to the Heavenly Father alone....

Old 01-23-2014, 07:29 AM

15,047 posts, read 8,871,547 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by my54ford View Post
You submit to your God in the White house.................. I'll Submit to the Heavenly Father alone....
Why are Conservatives always looking for God in the White House? I know of no liberals or Democrats who see politicians as any kind of deities, yet you guys on the right are constantly talking about that, so I guess you do. If I believed in a traditional Christian God, I certainly wouldn't be looking for him/her in politics. That Conservatives do explains a whole lot about them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies