Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-23-2014, 05:33 AM

20,300 posts, read 22,219,329 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
The true traitors of that era were LBJ, McNamara, and Nixon who all betrayed the public trust and involved us in a bloody, costly, completely unnecessary war of choice that did nothing to benefit the country and continues to cost us to this day. Screw the feigned outrage over Fonda, put the blame where it belongs.
You forgot to mention JFK he is the one who started the ball rolling. The shame of it is that Ho Chi Minh first approached the United States for help. He had no desire to be in debt to the USSR or China. We turned him down.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-23-2014, 05:40 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,731,596 times
Quote:
Guess again. Beside various deferments and well placed Daddies finding their sons positions somewhere in the home-based guard there was a friggin' lottery, many young men had there lives altered, far too many irreparably, by the same means a spot for a marker on a Bingo card is determined.
Way subsequent to the end of that war, I have known some men who avoided the draft by disclosing they were homosexual and did so upon the advice of a family attorney. These men were not gay.

Old 01-23-2014, 05:43 AM

68,329 posts, read 54,381,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
You forgot to mention JFK he is the one who started the ball rolling. The shame of it is that Ho Chi Minh first approached the United States for help. He had no desire to be in debt to the USSR or China. We turned him down.
Let's not change history, Eisenhower sent advisors to S Vietnam before JFK, it was LBJ who sent the first combat troops.

Old 01-23-2014, 05:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
Way subsequent to the end of that war, I have known some men who avoided the draft by disclosing they were homosexual and did so upon the advice of a family attorney. These men were not gay.
Ted Nugent comes to mind.............................................. ......

Old 01-23-2014, 05:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
Did you have a problem with Jane ratting POW's out when they passed her notes explaining about their treatment?
Urban legend that's been disproved time and time again.

Old 01-23-2014, 05:48 AM

57,270 posts, read 26,199,434 times
Quote:
Let's not change history, Eisenhower sent advisors to S Vietnam before JFK, it was LBJ who sent the first combat troops.
Amazing that people still hold such contempt for Fonda when they couldn't name a cabinet member or secretary of defense that was responsible and know little about the history of the Vietnam war.

Old 01-23-2014, 05:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
Amazing that people still hold such contempt for Fonda when they couldn't name a cabinet member or secretary of defense that was responsible and know little about the history of the Vietnam war.
What really gets my blood boiling is I attempted to read McNamara's memoir, hoping after all these years something about Vietnam might make sense. Not far into the book he basically says we knew little about Vietnam but went anyway, I stopped reading at that point. I can only hope there's a special circle of hell for him and his ilk.

Old 01-23-2014, 06:13 AM

57,270 posts, read 26,199,434 times
Quote:
What really gets my blood boiling is I attempted to read McNamara's memoir, hoping after all these years something about Vietnam might make sense. Not far into the book he basically says we knew little about Vietnam but went anyway, I stopped reading at that point. I can only hope there's a special circle of hell for him and his ilk.
I read through the entire book but it was difficult, very arrogant bunch and hard to believe the decisions they made, even considered nuclear attack at one point. You should read his seven recommendations before we ever get involved in future wars, spot on but here we are again. Maybe someone can find them on the internet.

Old 01-23-2014, 06:55 AM

30,063 posts, read 18,663,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Britt Reid View Post
Hanoi Jane Fonda has been named by First Lady Michelle Obama as a role model. This will certainly upset military veterans from the Vietnam War as Hanoi Jane went to sympathize with the enemy and took part in a propaganda campaign against the United States for the North Vietnamese. While there, she even had the audacity to sit on a anti-aircraft gun that shot at American pilots and take a pictures with its operators. Is this a slap in the face to the brave veterans of that war who fought against communism? I say yes.

Michelle Obama Chooses Jane Fonda as Role Model

In the January 27 issue of People Magazine, First Lady Michelle Obama cites Jane Fonda as a role model. "[And] there's Jane Fonda, a beautiful, engaged, politically savvy, sharp woman," Michelle Obama responded after being asked by People who she would someday want to look and live like.

For the last fifty years, Fonda has been one of the most divisive political and cultural figures in America. Fonda earned the nickname "Hanoi Jane" after photos were released of the actress laughing it up with our enemies in North Vietnam while sitting on an anti-aircraft gun used to shoot down American flyers.

While the war was still raging, Fonda attacked the American government and our troops in propaganda radio broadcasts for the North Vietnamese.

Among America's veterans, "Hanoi Jane" remains one of the most reviled figures in American history. Still, America's First Lady considers Fonda a role model

Figures-

I wonder if Michelle will pose at a NVA anti-aircraft gun to show how "proud" she is of America?

The left is very, very sick.

Old 01-23-2014, 07:09 AM

10,908 posts, read 9,554,399 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlassoff View Post
Is there a statute of limitations on faux outrage?

Were you in Viet Nam at the time Fonda did this?

If so, you know that it is not "faux" outrage, it is very real as she did this while Americans were dying.

If not, you have no basis for making such a bigoted statement.

Make your choice, either a fool or a liar.

Viet Nam vet 1970 to 1972
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies