Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-24-2014, 03:40 PM

17,401 posts, read 11,975,567 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sargentodiaz View Post
Multi-Millionaire Brian Williams Lectures Viewers on Income Inequality

By Kyle Drennen | January 21, 2014

C'mon. The guy reportedly make 13 MILLION a year and he's preaching about income equality. What's he doing to share his wealth with the poor?

Read more: Multi-Millionaire Brian Williams Lectures Viewers on Income Inequality | NewsBusters
Right up there with when Jessi Waters asked hollywood stars what the most important political issue there is now, and they answer "income equality". As those same stars jetted into town, and attended private parties, snatching up free stuff.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-24-2014, 04:11 PM

4,919 posts, read 4,834,761 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Fingers View Post
And how is this "liberal" hypocrisy?
I am starting a new business.

Selling flashlights to libs to help them find their heads which are clearly .. Well you know where!

Old 01-24-2014, 04:12 PM

15,632 posts, read 10,390,278 times
Obama digs into fried oysters, fried clams, fried shrimp, onions and freedom fries while enjoying his vacation among the rich. We are told we owe it to the nations’ health care system to force spinach on ourselves and our children but that doesn’t apply to O or his family.

We’re told about global warming and to sacrifice while the same week the president and his wife take separate flights to Aspen, his children jet off to the Bahamas and then they all go on safari to Africa. (Have I mentioned Bo the dog being flown up to the Vineyard in his own helicopter to spend quality time with the First Family? No greenhouse worries for that; the aircraft undoubtedly runs on $75-a-gallon hemp oil).

We’re lectured about our greed, selfishness and income inequality while Obama vacations in his friend’s $8 million weekend retreat and hobnobs with more of his rich friends in Westport, NYC and the West Coast. And so on.

The trouble with this goes beyond the hypocrisy it exposes; the president of the United States is demonstrating that he is above the people of his country, free to do as he chooses while he tells us how to conduct our own lives. He’s not tone-deaf or clueless.

He just doesn’t care. And the liberals continue to lap up his "I'm for you" nonsense.

Old 01-24-2014, 04:40 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,730,963 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grsz11 View Post
Apparently wealthy "liberals" aren't allowed to talk about income inequality, but wealthy conservates can preach about welfare, unemployment, and food stamps. When was he preaching? It seems like he was reading and discussing the report in front of him. So while you accuse him of repeating liberal talking points, you parrot Newsbusters almost word for word, did I get that right?

NOTICE they are starting to talk about GLOBAL inequality. You do know you are doing very well compared to other countries right?

"Brian Williams – who reportedly earned $13 million a year in 2012 – quoted Karl Marx while hyping a new report on global income disparity: "...the staggering news out today about the growing gap between the haves and the have nots.""

Old 01-24-2014, 06:02 PM

520 posts, read 597,217 times
Quote:
You certainlt don't think he's a conservagive, do you?
I have no idea what his political leanings are, do you? Do you think that just because he works for a certain media outlet he personally assumes the mantle of his employer? Can you be any more naive than that?

Old 01-24-2014, 06:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrClose View Post
I am starting a new business.

Selling flashlights to libs to help them find their heads which are clearly .. Well you know where!
But not before somebody starts a new business selling brain synapses to people who make ridiculous posts such as this one.

Old 01-25-2014, 01:03 PM

4,919 posts, read 4,834,761 times
Quote:
But not before somebody starts a new business selling brain synapses to people who make ridiculous posts such as this one.
Admit it.

It was clever, witty and spot on.

You liked it but got upset because you didn't think of it first!

Old 01-25-2014, 01:11 PM

1,782 posts, read 2,138,780 times
Quote:
I have no idea what his political leanings are, do you? Do you think that just because he works for a certain media outlet he personally assumes the mantle of his employer? Can you be any more naive than that?
It is clear that nothing I can say will ever change your mind. So, why bother?

Even if I explained it, you wouldn't heed it but continue to be confrontational.

Old 01-25-2014, 01:12 PM

1,782 posts, read 2,138,780 times
Quote:
Confrontational, aren't we.

Old 01-25-2014, 07:36 PM

Quote:
It is clear that nothing I can say will ever change your mind. So, why bother?

Even if I explained it, you wouldn't heed it but continue to be confrontational.
Seriously, do you know what his personal political leanings are?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies