Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-23-2014, 09:57 AM

1,507 posts, read 1,974,342 times

Advertisements

You have Bachmann and Blackburn and Cruze on the right that are crazy as fruit bats but then you have Lawrence O'Donnell on the left with his guest Wolf in this piece that are as crazy as Cruze and Bachmann.

The Last Word with Lawrence O'Donnell on msnbc

wolf says that this black woman who talked a shooter with an AK 47 into giving up to the police is what is needed not a so called good guy with a gun. Wolfs said it takes a country with a heart. This is about the stupidest thing the left can say. Its as bat crap crazy as Bachmann vaccines cause retardation and Cruze reading green eggs and ham. Ya, thats all we need when some shooter comes in to a school is a caring hug fest and all is well. This really is the kumbaya moment. Jesus Christ on a stick thats just stupid. I guess if someone would have been there at Sandy Hook to hug Lanza it would all have been OK. Man these idiots are stupid. I have said for a long time both far right and far left are as looney as bat crap.

Old 01-23-2014, 10:02 AM

2,826 posts, read 3,990,529 times
By "Cruze" I'm assuming you mean Ted Cruz? I wouldn't consider him far right or that crazy.

Old 01-23-2014, 10:04 AM

46,946 posts, read 25,976,294 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saxondale351 View Post
You have Bachmann and Blackburn and Cruze on the right that are crazy as fruit bats but then you have Lawrence O'Donnell on the left with his guest Wolf in this piece that are as crazy as Cruze and Bachmann.

I have said for a long time both far right and far left are as looney as bat crap.
Ehm - Bachmann, Blackburn and Cruz were elected. They're not commentators - conservatives looked at Bachmann and said "This is a woman who should be trusted to formulate policy".

Old 01-23-2014, 11:46 AM

56,988 posts, read 35,187,535 times
Larry O'Donnell is definitely on the fringe.

Old 01-23-2014, 01:20 PM

12,711 posts, read 13,475,931 times
A lot of things the left likes are crazy; the anti-smoking and anti-spanking crusades, and the demand for no fault divorce, for instance. But the right can still beat the left in the crazy contest any day of the week.

Old 01-23-2014, 01:24 PM

1,507 posts, read 1,974,342 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
Ehm - Bachmann, Blackburn and Cruz were elected. They're not commentators - conservatives looked at Bachmann and said "This is a woman who should be trusted to formulate policy".
So by your logic Obama is an elected official who the people elected to run the country. LOL far left and far right are both crazy, you prove that.

Old 01-23-2014, 01:29 PM

9,127 posts, read 7,941,165 times
Quote:
So by your logic Obama is an elected official who the people elected to run the country. LOL far left and far right are both crazy, you prove that.
Yes, Obama was elected. Larry O, no.

Old 01-23-2014, 01:37 PM

15,896 posts, read 11,984,830 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by djacques View Post
A lot of things the left likes are crazy; the anti-smoking and anti-spanking crusades, and the demand for no fault divorce, for instance. But the right can still beat the left in the crazy contest any day of the week.

Anymore I think both sides are bat s*** crazy!

Old 01-23-2014, 01:37 PM

46,946 posts, read 25,976,294 times
Quote:
So by your logic Obama is an elected official who the people elected to run the country.
I don't think that's "by my logic" - I would pretty much consider that a fact.

Quote:
LOL far left and far right are both crazy, you prove that.
You may disagree with Preesident Obama's policies - I do, quite a bit - you may even consider them devious, or evil, or underhanded.

But I don't really see him at the Bachman level of flat-out crazy. Now, had you mentioned Cynthia McKinney, I would probably have had to concede a point.

Old 01-23-2014, 02:00 PM

18,782 posts, read 17,355,865 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimuelojones View Post
Yes, Obama was elected. Larry O, no.
red herring logical fallacy
https://owl.english.purdue.edu/owl/resource/659/03/

Quote:
Red Herring: This is a diversionary tactic that avoids the key issues, often by avoiding opposing arguments rather than addressing them. Example:
The level of mercury in seafood may be unsafe, but what will fishers do to support their families?

In this example, the author switches the discussion away from the safety of the food and talks instead about an economic issue, the livelihood of those catching fish. While one issue may affect the other it does not mean we should ignore possible safety issues because of possible economic consequences to a few individuals.
I do find some things on the right that are wacked, like the Pat Robertson types, for example. But I find way more craziness on the left. The whole gun control thing for starters. No critter would be dumb enough to give up its teeth and claws. The zero tolerance that gets a kid suspended over biting a sandwich into the shape of a gun. Tax funding of absurd "art" like the infamous 'p**s Christ.' The new ENDA crusade that puts boys in the girls locker room...or a 45 year old naked man.
https://www.city-data.com/forum/polit...45-yr-old.html
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies