Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-24-2014, 10:34 PM

14,975 posts, read 16,459,826 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie53 View Post
A piece of work?

You mean because she has lived her life like a man?
If a man and did all this, then he'd get a lot of flack too.

Yes, there is a double standard to some degree. It would have, for example, been seen as more acceptable for a man to attend Harvard while his children were 1500 miles away. And that's unfortunate and I don't agree with it.

However, in the case of a man going on and on about how he was a single father, of a man who left his wife immediately after she finished paying for his schooling, etc., he would be looked down upon - probably much more than Wendy Davis. There's a double standard when it comes to part of this that would cause a man to be treated much more harshly.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-24-2014, 11:02 PM

15,700 posts, read 17,042,433 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldogdad View Post
This Man hasn't lived his life like a gold digging abortion *****. <----rhymes with Gore.
Who was talking about you?

Old 01-24-2014, 11:08 PM

15,700 posts, read 17,042,433 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by afoigrokerkok View Post
If a man and did all this, then he'd get a lot of flack too.

Yes, there is a double standard to some degree. It would have, for example, been seen as more acceptable for a man to attend Harvard while his children were 1500 miles away. And that's unfortunate and I don't agree with it.

However, in the case of a man going on and on about how he was a single father, of a man who left his wife immediately after she finished paying for his schooling, etc., he would be looked down upon - probably much more than Wendy Davis. There's a double standard when it comes to part of this that would cause a man to be treated much more harshly.
Most men who lived their lives just like that have gone on to be very successful.

How many men have had a wife who sacrificed so he could get ahead only to be turned in for a younger model once he attains success?

Were their careers destroyed because of it? Hell no.

Old 01-24-2014, 11:11 PM

14,975 posts, read 16,459,826 times
Quote:
Most men who lived their lives just like that have gone on to be very successful.

How many men have had a wife who sacrificed so he could get ahead only to be turned in for a younger model once he attains success?

And.....are their careers destroyed because of it? Hell no.
You're missing the issue. It's the dishonesty.

I have no issue with her going to Harvard Law School, with her husband paying for her education, with her husband receiving custody of the daughter, etc. Some people do and, yes, that's an unfair double standard.

My issue with her is that she pretended that things were very different from how they were.

Old 01-25-2014, 01:49 AM

27,137 posts, read 15,310,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sayid Linus View Post
Why is abortion such an obsession on these threads? I literally never hear any of my friends, family, neighbors, co workers, etc mention abortion.
It's legal, it's safe, and it ain't going nowhere. If you don't like it, don't have one. Example: I'm not into guns but they are legal so people that are legally able to have them and want them should be allowed to.

Due to it not being safe for the baby.

Old 01-25-2014, 01:53 AM

27,137 posts, read 15,310,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by biscuitmom View Post
Says a person ostensibly opposed to abortion? Say what, do you really propose that abortion is A-OK as long as it pertains to persons who hold political opinions opposed to yours? How do you know if they're liberals, when they're in the womb?

Thank you for speaking out on the one in the womb is indeed a person.

Old 01-25-2014, 05:29 AM

9,127 posts, read 7,941,561 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesjuke View Post
Thank you for speaking out on the one in the womb is indeed a person.
Human sperm and the human ovum have the potential of becoming human life, are they persons?

Old 01-25-2014, 07:01 AM

15,631 posts, read 10,388,492 times
Quote:
A piece of work?

You mean because she has lived her life like a man?
Pretty sexist statement there, Annie. Both men and women are capable of being users, bad parents, liars.

Are you suggesting she get a pass for this kind of behavior because she's a woman?

Old 01-25-2014, 07:17 AM

392 posts, read 352,120 times
My second daughter got pregnant unexpectedly by her live in boy friend. The baby was born a month ago....already this gift from God smiles and gives me the odd laugh....to hold this infant feels so right and good and pure... it is bring out the best in all people concerned. Abortion is simply crude....If you want to be like a dumb animal that literally eats it`s own young under the guise of freedom and female reproductive rights.....go head....that is your problem. All those who I know who are female who opted to abort are not old ladies who live alone with a cat...who are miserable and still act in the most self centered manner...they are still selfish teenagers pushing 50. Kid are the only real wealth and blessing on this pitiful planet.

Old 01-25-2014, 07:25 AM

392 posts, read 352,120 times
Who ever created this sick demonic product needs a good smack up side the head with a frozen fish....a large frozen fish. BUT of course in this morally debased society - evil greedy people are protected by the law... In the old days they would burn such a creep. They have the eating disorder Barbie....now the abortion Barbie...I suppose the next one will be the feces eating Barbie who swears that sodomy is more sophisticated than vaginal sex...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies