Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Should medical marijuana be legal?
Yes, absolutely! 195 77.38%
Only if it's for medical conditions. 27 10.71%
I'm not sure. 5 1.98%
No 25 9.92%
Voters: 252. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-26-2014, 01:02 PM

1,485 posts, read 954,138 times

Advertisements

Can any cops here confirm if there is a tool that measures eye dilation to make a determination if a person is high when theres a traffic stop?
I heard they had something like this. Like a breathalyzer for the eyes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-26-2014, 01:24 PM

30,343 posts, read 51,925,382 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stratford, Ct. Resident View Post
You can't possibly be serious.

If you compare smoking 1 cigarette to smoking 1 joint, the negative effect on the lungs will likely be greater from smoking 1 joint than it would from smoking 1 cigarette. 99% of cig smokers smoke tobacco through a filter. How many weed smokers do?
Yes, but how many pot smokers smoke TWENTY joints (the average # of cigarettes a smoker will ingest) per day?? I smoke both, so not judging... but as someone who smokes both, I am fully aware that the cigs will kill me first. And I've never met a doctor who disagreed, in fact I have personally been told "if you insist on smoking something, marijuana is probably the lesser of two evils."

Add to that, the fact that cigarettes are stuffed with all sorts of other chemicals - tar, pesticides, etc. Marijuana is usually smoked in its pure form, and lots of people are even "vaping" or eating it now. So the damage to one's lungs is WAY less than from cigarettes, if we're talking about average daily users.

Old 01-26-2014, 01:36 PM

8,003 posts, read 11,721,562 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xander_Crews View Post
The issue has nothing to do with averages in the first place, that is the problem. I already explained this. It would matter if the average was exactly what everyone smokes, but it is not. Heavy users of cannabis use a lot of it, a lot more than a pack a day worth of tobacco (which is enough of a tobacco habit to cause death long term). There is no evidence (short of government funded propaganda pieces that have been thoroughly debunked in modern times) that heavy cannabis use increases chances of cancer or death in other manners.

If none of the heavy users are dying from it, but smokers who use less tobacco die all the time, it is asinine to say that cannabis is more dangerous. (Lets not forget that tobacco is harmful in all forms, but cannabis can be consumed in many ways that mitigate the harm from inhaling burning plant material.)

It is quite humorous that you accuse me of not being able to back up my arguments, yet your only "evidence" of your position is "Duh, cigarettes have filters and joints don't!" Which has to be true because cigarette filters remove all the bad things from the smoke right, that's why they are so safe!

But yeah, go ahead and ignore this post and post some deflecting statement about how I am not answering your question, so you don't have to actually argue your impossible position.
Wow....clearly, I don't..nor have I EVER (clearly) known any .....ahem, "heavy" pot smokers, because I have never known or HEARD of anyone smoking a "pack's worth" of pot in a day. Do you KNOW what you're talking about here?

Even if someone was smoking "old fashioned, home-grown, low-grade leaf", I hardly think they'd be smoking a pack's worth per day. That's just lunacy.

Old 01-26-2014, 01:39 PM

11,879 posts, read 14,203,785 times
Only for medicinal purposes. Otherwise people will misuse it. You cant trust the common person because he/she is likely to do something stupid.

Old 01-26-2014, 02:09 PM

3,147 posts, read 3,501,280 times
Quote:
But yeah, go ahead and ignore this post and post some deflecting statement about how I am not answering your question, so you don't have to actually argue your impossible position.
Quote:
So, you're just postulating.

Thank You.
Ha ha ha! Called it! But I did not see you cutting out a few words out of the middle of the sentence and quoting it as if it was a complete sentence, ha ha, that is even better. You have the weakest debate acumen that I have ever seen on these forums, and that is saying something.

Pfft, going on calling me out for "just postulating" as if you have done anything else... silly hypocrite. Unless you have any sort of scientific evidence that joints are worse than cigarettes besides "Joints don't have a filter!"

Ha ha ha, omg. You have made my day, not only has your poor debate posture entertained me, but you also are making the prohibitionists look like a bunch of silly gooses.

Old 01-26-2014, 02:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by beachmel View Post
Wow....clearly, I don't..nor have I EVER (clearly) known any .....ahem, "heavy" pot smokers, because I have never known or HEARD of anyone smoking a "pack's worth" of pot in a day. Do you KNOW what you're talking about here?

Even if someone was smoking "old fashioned, home-grown, low-grade leaf", I hardly think they'd be smoking a pack's worth per day. That's just lunacy.

Yeah, ok.

I have witnessed it with my own eyes, lol. You are about to have your mind blown, because truth is people smoke WAY more than you believe. Here is just one random video off of youtube of a small group of people smoking a 1 oz. joint... more than a few packs worth.

Rolling/Smoking a 1 Ounce Joint (28.1g) - YouTube

And this is just one example, of MANY. I have seen people smoke a packs worth of weed in a single sitting, And I am sure there are plenty of videos on youtube of people doing it. When it comes to people who use cannabis heavily, they use A LOT, I am not kidding.

Heck, Snoop Dogg claims to smoke 81 blunts a day, and many people smoke more than him.

Snoop Dogg: I Smoke 81 Blunts A Day - YouTube

Old 01-26-2014, 02:21 PM

8,777 posts, read 19,857,574 times
Quote:
Ha ha ha! Called it! But I did not see you cutting out a few words out of the middle of the sentence and quoting it as if it was a complete sentence, ha ha, that is even better. You have the weakest debate acumen that I have ever seen on these forums, and that is saying something.

Pfft, going on calling me out for "just postulating" as if you have done anything else... silly hypocrite. Unless you have any sort of scientific evidence that joints are worse than cigarettes besides "Joints don't have a filter!"

Ha ha ha, omg. You have made my day, not only has your poor debate posture entertained me, but you also are making the prohibitionists look like a bunch of silly gooses.

Sorry, i didn't realize that you were on the honor role<sic> kid. I'll bow out of this discussion now. LOL.

//www.city-data.com/forum/33190457-post31.html

Old 01-26-2014, 02:24 PM

Quote:
Sorry, i didn't realize that you were on the honor role<sic> kid. I'll bow out of this discussion now. LOL.

//www.city-data.com/forum/33190457-post31.html
Because that is relevant at all

Don't look now, but you just linked to a post with the definition of an ad hominem in it... and used it as an ad hominem attack. Yeah, I would bow out of the discussion if I were you...

Old 01-26-2014, 02:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
Wrong.

DrugFacts: Drugged Driving | National Institute on Drug Abuse (NIDA)

By the way, I sit here, almost 15 years later, still suffering from injuries that I sustained after a pot head plowed his car in to me at 50mph. He was driving while stoned. Don't you dare tell me it makes them a better driver. That is the most idiotic statement I've ever heard. EVER.

You did not actually counter his post at all. You do realize that THC stays in your body for quite a long time after you smoke it dependent on your metabolism, right? This means that if you tested a group of sober people for thc, everybody who had smoked it recently but was not impaired at the time would still test positive.

I.E. If somebody smoked cannabis today, and wrecked their car tomorrow, completely sober... they would still test positive.

Old 01-26-2014, 02:32 PM

2,183 posts, read 2,637,422 times
Quote:
Yeah, ok.

I have witnessed it with my own eyes, lol. You are about to have your mind blown, because truth is people smoke WAY more than you believe. Here is just one random video off of youtube of a small group of people smoking a 1 oz. joint... more than a few packs worth.

Rolling/Smoking a 1 Ounce Joint (28.1g) - YouTube

And this is just one example, of MANY. I have seen people smoke a packs worth of weed in a single sitting, And I am sure there are plenty of videos on youtube of people doing it. When it comes to people who use cannabis heavily, they use A LOT, I am not kidding.

Heck, Snoop Dogg claims to smoke 81 blunts a day, and many people smoke more than him.

Snoop Dogg: I Smoke 81 Blunts A Day - YouTube
You have never seen one person smoke the equivalent of a pack of cigs worth of weed in one sitting. Do you have any idea how much that is vs. what is required to get someone high? Not to mention the money involved, smoking that much in one sitting when so little is required is just stupid, a complete waste of money.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies